ADVERTISEMENT

Religion: ain't it grand

Luke 16:16
The law and the prophets were until John

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Like I said I follow the laws that God gave me, not man. Keep listening to man and see what it leads you

Like I said I follow the laws that God gave me, not man. Keep listening to man and see what it leads you

I just read on the smack board where you said you went to WV to drink and smoke as much as you wanted to do, as well as screw a bunch of whores.

I wish God would have told me to do that.

So, you're saying that is speaking of material things?

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Amen to that. You leave this world everything you ever had is gone. I always liked the building up your treasures in Heaven which means also means this old world is not our home we are just passing through.

Reactions: extragreen
That all sounds good, but how do I deliver these treasures to Heaven? My mom told me over the weekend that she found an old box in storage that contains thousands of old baseball cards I used to collect back in the late 60's, and early 70's. I have to figure some of those are worth a pretty penny. Should I take the time to go through all of these cards next time I'm down in West Virginia, or just have my mom send them to Heaven? How do you get them there? Regular UPS service, or do you have to spend big and go for the two day air guaranteed delivery? Does UPS even deliver to Heaven? I saw a commercial that says when it just has to get there, UPS can deliver.

Is this the question:

why are you willing to use science as the basis for any argument now, while avoiding it and discarding it on many other religious issues?

------------------

Answer to that is for convenience.

Even though I'm a godless heathen, abortion seems wrong to me. First of all, the behavior you have to engage in to even be in that situation is wrong. The act itself is pretty gruesome. Somehow, people are able to justify it. The law says they can do it. Nothing I can do about it. If it was my decision I'd say no, but it isn't so that's that.
The bible says not a one of us is good. Walden he loves more deeply than you could ever be loved. His blood cleanses all your sins. I also like the verse where the people were told a man who says he has o sin is a liar and the truth is not in them..Apostle Paul wrote 14 of the books in the new testament out of 27. This man hunted down and killed christians when the Lord stopped him in the road and ask him what the heck he was doing. In an instant he was forever changed. The Lord sent him to preach the gospel to a pagan world. Those people who were not jews.Walden you have sinned son we all have but you never went around killing christians.Apostle Paul was like the big tackle who picked up a fumble and rumbled 99 yards for a touchdown but he ran the wrong way. He thought for sure he was doing right.

That all sounds good, but how do I deliver these treasures to Heaven? My mom told me over the weekend that she found an old box in storage that contains thousands of old baseball cards I used to collect back in the late 60's, and early 70's. I have to figure some of those are worth a pretty penny. Should I take the time to go through all of these cards next time I'm down in West Virginia, or just have my mom send them to Heaven? How do you get them there? Regular UPS service, or do you have to spend big and go for the two day air guaranteed delivery? Does UPS even deliver to Heaven? I saw a commercial that says when it just has to get there, UPS can deliver.
Michigan herd I dont think its that kind of treasures. I believe it would be a treasure to have a new body that never gets sick or hurt. You might be able to to fly.

According to Greed............your link would be a lie. According to Thunder.........this would be a false doctrine.

Taking a single passage of any text out of context and making it fit your interpretation is not a legit argument. There are points to be made for your position. That isn't one. It's just weak and lazy.

Taking a single passage of any text out of context and making it fit your interpretation is not a legit argument. There are points to be made for your position. That isn't one. It's just weak and lazy.

Taking out of context??LOL. The only context that counts is the one where WVinUS just showed you multiple interpretations of the same verse from multiple bibles. You may choose to not agree with them (despite your inability to prove their overall inaccuracy) but it is exactly on point in this thread

You keep making the point Walden keeps referring to. More fear and guilt being thrown around in the name of God. Clearly this is the purpose of most organized religion.

Simply being "wealthy" does not automatically mean, one "serves" mammon. Only the uneducated seem to believe such false premises. You fit in with the "old- dumb" religious, someone pointed to in the other thread.

Last edited:
You can be wealthy and still serve God. The serving two masters means do not love or worship your wealth.

You can be wealthy and still serve God. The serving two masters means do not love or worship your wealth.

Never said you couldn't. The material prosperity doctrine is false. Jesus said it was easier for a camel to go thru an eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom. What do you think that means?

What it means is that a man can not enter into heaven by his own merits. Meaning you can not buy your way into heaven. You only get their by grace of God.

So what do you think ask and you shall receive mean? Do you think God wants to us to go through life without material things?

What it means is that a man can not enter into heaven by his own merits. Meaning you can not buy your way into heaven. You only get their by grace of God.

So what do you think ask and you shall receive mean? Do you think God wants to us to go through life without material things?

Boom!

He has no idea what it really means. He lives in the world of regurgitated religious (copy and paste) dogma.

What I like about this thread is that it isn't the believers and non-believers arguing. If the believers can't agree with each other, how are they suppose to convince the non-believers?

What I like about this thread is that it isn't the believers and non-believers arguing. If the believers can't agree with each other, how are they suppose to convince the non-believers?

Hence the reason I rarely discuss religion on here anymore.

These religious people may be the smartest, best, cattiest and shrewdest. They all know it's a joke, but they are absolutely unflappable in the face of the truth. Like those mimes that stand in England, nothing will make them flinch as they stand there pretending to believe all this stuff.

They'll never admit it. They've outwhoremanned whoreman.

If you think "ask and he shall receive" is referring to material gain, then what do you do with the scripture that says "with food and raiment be ye therewith content"?

It saying that if you are fed and clothed that is enough. It certainly does not mean that God does not want you to be prosperous.

What it means is that a man can not enter into heaven by his own merits. Meaning you can not buy your way into heaven. You only get their by grace of God.what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

No. That's not what it means. Jesus had been talking to a man that asked Jesus " what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? This man had kept the commandments from his youth up, and asked "what lack I yet"?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

It saying that if you are fed and clothed that is enough. It certainly does not mean that God does not want you to be prosperous.

No, he didn't say that's enough, he said be content with it. How can you be content with something material and then ask for more?

Who are these needy poor people? I've never seen one my whole life. Even the homeless wear better shoes than I do. They often have dogs, which I don't. Tattoos. They drink Bud Light and other beer, which costs way more per can than Big K.

Where are they? Is this why the religious people go overseas, to find people bad off enough to help out? I'd feel pretty stupid helping out people who already have better stuff than I do and can stand there all day showing it off.

So you don't think God would bless someone with wealth? Even though throughout the bible there are stories of Him doing this?

So you don't think God would bless someone with wealth? Even though throughout the bible there are stories of Him doing this?

Care to name someone in the New Testament scripture that was blessed with material wealth because they were Christians? Are you going to ask for material wealth after God gave his Son to suffer and die for us? Or are you, or are you not going to be content with food and raiment? So, to answer your question....no. I don't believe God blesses with material wealth since the coming of Christ.

Why would God warn numerous times of the peril of having material wealth and then "bless" them with material wealth?

James 5
1 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

Timothy 1
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

I skimmed through the first link.With the exception of one scripture (I think) they all are all from teachings under the law. Almost every, if not every single scripture in that article is being misused and misunderstood for use with the New Testament scriptures. It appears you agree with the false doctrine.

To be clear, you can't argue someone into Faith. I can't make you believe. Billy Graham can't make you believe. Keep can't make you believe. Absent the intervention of the Holy Spirit moving you towards Faith, there can be no salvation. In other words, nothing man can do will bring you to God. At the end of the day, you can't always logically articulate/explain the actions and dictates of a supernatural being. That's where Faith comes in to play.

nothing man can do will bring you to God

This seems way off. Who finds God without church, the Bible, hearing the word spoken, etc.? All those things are built or spoken by man.

That's the big problem with all this. Where is this God? He's the ultimate wild goose chase. He's the 12 pound bass you're never going to catch. After a while, you start to realize you can go see a 12 pound bass in person at Bass Pro Shops for free so you say to hell with spending thousands of dollars trying to catch one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT