ADVERTISEMENT

SHR. Man it’s getting great over at Crispi chicken

The issue is what?

Cash v cashless
Ketchup vs not having any
Food vs eating out of a box
That’s just a start

The issue is (yes all of the above) but generally speaking epically terrible customer service from maybe the two most horrible business managers on the planet...blamed Huntington for all of their problems...then made a monumentally stupid social media post playing the race card...then followed it up with an explanation of their poor choice of words and actions with one of the most disastrous, cringy, and tone deaf interviews (with Alligator Jackson) I've ever witnessed...which made things 1000 times worse. These business managers just put out a 32 minute master class on every thing not to do as a business. It's over. They'll be closing in 4 months if not sooner.

The issue is (yes all of the above) but generally speaking epically terrible customer service from maybe the two most horrible business managers on the planet...blamed Huntington for all of their problems...then made a monumentally stupid social media post playing the race card...then followed it up with an explanation of their poor choice of words and actions with one of the most disastrous, cringy, and tone deaf interviews (with Alligator Jackson) I've ever witnessed...which made things 1000 times worse. These business managers just put out a 32 minute master class on every thing not to do as a business. It's over. They'll be closing in 4 months if not sooner.

In general I think most people want them to succeed. So they offered suggestions to help them succeed. I find it very difficult to eat chicken and waffles out of a box. I suggested that perhaps for eat in customers they could serve their food on something other than a box
But then I got lectured that their packaging is so advanced that I should be happy being around them. Except I can’t eat my sandwich. Neither can the other 10 people in my office a stone throw away. Just trying to help. Good luck.

Reactions: Catfanatic1979v1
Pocket knife made that cardboard tote into a nice plate..

food taste pretty good but they really need a lesson from Cam’s Ham on eat in service..

also need to hire someone that can read the names on the ticket when the food is ready.

Pocket knife made that cardboard tote into a nice plate..

food taste pretty good but they really need a lesson from Cam’s Ham on eat in service..

also need to hire someone that can read the names on the ticket when the food is ready.

Highly probable this business was on it's way to closing anyway. The founders were voicing "frustrations" and placing blame on the community. They were most likely swirling the bowl. When it comes to a food establishment, if you are not profitable within 6months...you're most likely DOA.

I always thought they picked a bad location to start a new concept.

Last edited:
Highly probable this business was on it's way to closing anyway. The founders were voicing "frustrations" and placing blame on the community. They were most likely swirling the bowl. When it comes to a food establishment, if you are not profitable within 6months...your most likely DOA.

I always thought they picked a bad location to start a new concept.
It's not that new of a concept is it? It's fried chicken? I mean I haven't been there...but it's fried chicken. It's just run by complete morons. You could take that 32 minute video with AJ and use it as training for the next 50 years on everything not to do as a business owner/manager. There are probably 400 unique points in that video that could provide good examples of what NOT to do. It's so bad it should go viral nationally. Surprised it hasn't yet.

But you're right...it won't be there in 3 months unless there is an "under new management" sign on window.

It's not that new of a concept is it?
Has this business been in Huntington before? With only 2 locations in the country...yes this is a new concept in the food retail space. Have these owners, owned or operated this business in Huntington before???? Yes, it's a new concept.
You could take that 32 minute video with AJ and use it as training for the next 50 years on everything not to do as a business owner/manager.
Agree
There are probably 400 unique points
Bad management, coupled with the everyday challenges of operating a new business with limited offerings, in a questionable location, make it a tough sell if the goal is to make $money.

I went there a couple weeks after they opened and I was really happy with the food... Just not the service. It took forever to get a chicken sandwich and fries, but they were slammed busy so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

It's too bad they can't get it figured out. I think everyone in Huntington would like Randy's business to be successful.

I went there a couple weeks after they opened and I was really happy with the food... Just not the service. It took forever to get a chicken sandwich and fries, but they were slammed busy so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

It's too bad they can't get it figured out. I think everyone in Huntington would like Randy's business to be successful.
I agree with what you are saying, and I've said that to them, its too bad they want to be hard headed. It reminds me of River and Rails, which went out very quickly.

Reactions: RhinoD
It's not that new of a concept is it? It's fried chicken? I mean I haven't been there...but it's fried chicken. It's just run by complete morons. You could take that 32 minute video with AJ and use it as training for the next 50 years on everything not to do as a business owner/manager. There are probably 400 unique points in that video that could provide good examples of what NOT to do. It's so bad it should go viral nationally. Surprised it hasn't yet.

But you're right...it won't be there in 3 months unless there is an "under new management" sign on window.

I contacted LibsofTiktok on X and about a dozen right wing news outlets. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: marshallsig
Does anyone remember this episode?

lb-s1-e10-1_orig.jpg

So let me get this straight, this man makes a negative video, about people making negative comments. WTF?

And if all else fails, play the race card when there is no factual basis to support it.

Now to the part I have stayed quiet about. Randy’s hometown? Really? Randy has made it perfectly clear that it is Rand. Which is fine, it is his hometown.

So Randy has stayed away and not really acknowledged Marshall for many years. Which he might have a good reason for.

But when it is time to open a business, he rolls in town like a long lost cousin. And suddenly he claims Huntington, etc. how convenient.

I never bought it, said I would never support it. Now this really seals the deal.

Reactions: Catfanatic1979v1
If they were smart they would be quiet and allow this to pass. I would highly recommend they make ketchup available upon request. Personally I am one of those that is not a happy camper without ketchup on my fries. Drop the arrogant posture that everyone is an idiot or racist if they don't know that their chicken is the best. I like Cannes the rest of my family likes Chick fil A . Get over it. People all have different tastes Provide a product worth coming back to. If the Bud Light saga should have taught retailers anything it is don't piss on your loyal base.

Not having ketchup is literally a 10-second fix when you do your food order for next week. It takes no time, effort, or planning - just have ketchup if people want it.

As for going cashless, that's their decision and that is the way the world is going, whether old guys like us like it or not. I always carry a little cash, but my kids never do and probably never will.

The boxes aren't great, but not a dealbreaker for me. Bojangles, KFC, ets use boxes for their food and people don't seem to complain about it.

Share this link to Facebook and send it to your friends. This needs to go viral. These owners are weird, racist and blowing things out of proportion. We are not a bad area.

This is Htgn you're talking about and Marshall fans in general. You could hand out gold bars and most would bitch at either the size of the bar or luster of the gold not being right.
A local political figure here in NC told me one time (after people were complaining about a new playground that was built inside a city park, and paid for with donated funds)... "I could stand on the corner handing out $100 bills, and inevitably someone would ask why it's not $200."

@libsoftiktok on X is now covering the issue. I contacted her personal account and she thanked me privately. Just now she posted the story. I also contacted literally every right wing news site and X account I could think of for three straight hours.

It just goes to show that sometimes you just have to put in the effort.

Now do your part and post this interview to your Facebook:

@libsoftiktok on X is now covering the issue. I contacted her personal account and she thanked me privately. Just now she posted the story. I also contacted literally every right wing news site and X account I could think of for three straight hours.

Why would you do that?

Why?

The folks in the video are going down the wrong road. They are p#ssed at everybody, arguing, yelling and screaming and really should be trying to explain where they are coming from. I could not care less that Crisppi's is a black owned business. Black, white, brown, pink, purple, or whatever, makes no difference to me. That's not the point with me. The chicken sandwich is phenomenal. But! No ketchup, that's a problem. Served in a box that is hard to get the product out of, that's a problem. Maybe they could make the box with perforated edges so the box could be torn apart. No problem with the credit only. If I went into that store and talked to that manager, and he came at me with that attitude, I would no longer be a customer. I watched Randy
play 2 years. None better. I never considered that he was a black man. He was a man playing for my university. Too many times these days, we want to play the race card. And it's getting out of hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT