ADVERTISEMENT

TCU

TCU 01 - I had forgotten about that. IIRC TCU claimed it did not want to travel to a "cold state" when the 9/11 week games were rescheduled at the end of the year and we picked up a cash game hosting Youngstown State, which we won. TCU was very classless.

"Big" (sic) 12 - Told ya so. The SEC is the center of the college sports world, but the Big 10, ACC, or even the Pac 12, as currently constituted, can sometimes produce a worthy team every 5 or 6 years. The Big 2, Little 8, simply cannot. And the Big 2 are moving up and being replaced by yet more clearly mid-major teams. TCU had no more business here than the MAC, AAC, SBC or MWC. I'm not for the playoffs nor the playoff expansion, but at least we won't have to see these types of beatdowns in the finals again, as the SEC and a handful of other teams settle major college football among major college programs.

TCU IS a glorified Mountain West team. To believe otherwise is to buy into the Little 8's BS. When the Big (sic) 12 2.0 was put together, they took mid-major programs like TCU, WVU, etc. and wanted you to believe that somehow, someway, they were now major programs. It takes an especial level of stupid to buy into the idea that, one year, TCU is a "mid-major" but the next year the same program, same everything is a true major. And, fantastically, they are going to try to sell the same lie again with the Big (sic) 12 3.0, telling the stupid that, somehow, Central Florida, Houston, Cincinnati, or whatever is now a major program. They aren't. The Big 12 2.0 and 3.0 are mid-major conferernces.

2023-4. Wondering which SEC team will win the national championship this year.
C'mon, Sam! You know that the "Big" (sic) 12, or the Big 12, or whatever they want to call themselves, can NEVER be "BIG" as long as such a group includes the "Chickeneers" from up in the Hole!!

Help me out here. Isn't this what everyone wants? A G5 to have a seat at the table? I don't disagree with your outcomes at all, but all I hear is G5 wanting a seat.

I've said all along that the G5 should do their own FCS type playoff. Would be much better from a competition standpoint, more competitive and have a true G5 national champion.
G5 or 2 G5s with seats at a table would be real real nice. It’s like making the big dance in March, which is near impossible for Marshall.

Since the first playoff started with the BCS obviously the SEC has the overall dominance. After that league comes the ACC with 4 titles and I don’t think any other league has more than 2.

The SEC has won 13 of the last 17 national championships. ACC has 3(Clemson 2, FSU 1), Big 10 has 1(Ohio State). Going back to the BCS which started in 1998 is going to shake out similiar if you start adding Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC. Then, add USC to the Big 10. The odd thing is Michigan has won a title since 1997 which was a shared title with Nebraska. Notre Dame has not won it since 1988.

Outside of Ohio State the power in college football is clearly in the South over a couple of decades.

Personally, I think USC could do very well in the Big 10.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT