ADVERTISEMENT

Tear Down the End Zone Seats! What?

Ah the age old, "if only they let me be in charge, I'd make things better" line, spoken on an online message board, from someone who has how many years marketing experience for a D1 AD?

I think its more about the highest bidder and where their advertisements will go than anything. Plenty of businesses do advertise but we just don't see them as often.
Also, the amount of businesses and money spent helps keep costs lower than others while putting a halfway decent product on the field.
MU doesn't have much to choose from, given WV as a state hates businesses and making money. So places like Dutch Miller who (regardless of what you think about him) does sell quite a lot of cars and has the money to burn, will be top business advertised and can influence when spoken of during games...regardless of if we like it or not.
If WV had more businesses to advertise, it would certainly be interesting to see how much more money MU could make.
isnt all of this irrelevant? Dont we just sell all of this stuff to IMG, and now they are in charge? We just take IMG's money and go on.

Our game day experience is beyond help. Lol!
and that's why the ads are so noticeable. it's not the ads. it's a boring on the field product with a small and unexcited crowd. as you sit there in silence the only thing to notice is the ads and the empty seats.

winning big is the only answer and I'm not sure we can ever win big enough again to get it back. especially with the new landscape of transfers and NIL in college FB.

I am all for selling the naming rights to the stadium and the basketball arena... Unfortunately, we have already named the field after Mr. Edwards, so we don't have that as an out.

It would be easier to sell the naming rights if we could make it "Joan C. Edwards Field" at "Huntington Bank Stadium" or whatever corporate sponsor of choosing.

Could do the same with hoops, Cam Henderson Court at "Insert Sponsor Name" arena.

Im sure guys way above our pay grade have looked at all these options. So I trust that our current setup is the one that makes the most sense as of right now.
Right now I believe we we have James F. Edwards Field at Joan C. Edwards Stadium.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT