ADVERTISEMENT

The G5

Memphis - done
Temple - done

Houston - plays Navy
Navy - plays Houston

i'm like Nostra f'g damus...

I think we have all been saying that only with the way their schedules broke out late, that only one team could possibly emerge undefeated and with the way Navy is playing, more likely no one does.

I wrote about this scenario very early in this thread. It was almost inevitable and what usually happens in league play, just ask TCU and Baylor too. OK State almost joined those ranks yesterday too.

But congrats on "getting college football" much better than some others.

I think we have all been saying that only with the way their schedules broke out late, that only one team could possibly emerge undefeated and with the way Navy is playing, more likely no one does.

I wrote about this scenario very early in this thread. It was almost inevitable and what usually happens in league play, just ask TCU and Baylor too. OK State almost joined those ranks yesterday too.

But congrats on "getting college football" much better than some others.

i guess you didn't read the posts from the AAC guys going on about having 4 ranked teams. but then again, i'm not sure how anybody can get much out of these threads with you and Sam going back and fourth like 12 year olds...

After watching the turnout yesterday for FIU , and hearing 26.5K as attendance which looked closer to 30 to me, Id speculate if we were ever offered AAC inclusion would our avg attendance not increase by 5000 per game to take us to an average of 30 to 31k?

Personally I am loving the samc dshoe family feud!

After watching the turnout yesterday for FIU , and hearing 26.5K as attendance which looked closer to 30 to me, Id speculate if we were ever offered AAC inclusion would our avg attendance not increase by 5000 per game to take us to an average of 30 to 31k?

Personally I am loving the samc dshoe family feud!

Funny that people felt the endzone seats should be torn down to make it appear as though we sold the games out...or at least make the crowd look better on TV...forgetting;
In order to move up, one must expand...so reducing the size of the stadium rather significantly, is basically the most backwards way of thinking (a common thread in WV as a whole).
Also, the most filled seats in that stadium yesterday...were the very same seats people on here complained about and wanted to be removed.
I have no idea how the crowd looked from the side I was on, facing the skyboxes behind the FIU bench, but from where I sat seeing the endzone? Very full.

It looked closer to 30,000+ to me.

i guess you didn't read the posts from the AAC guys going on about having 4 ranked teams. but then again, i'm not sure how anybody can get much out of these threads with you and Sam going back and fourth like 12 year olds...

Of course I read it.......they did have 4 ranked teams. Why do so many on this board continue to make disparaging comments? 12 yr olds???? And how mature would you rate that? 13? Seriously, why can this board not deal with genuine discourse?

Reactions: gcb and jocktalker
bump3.jpg

Of course I read it.......they did have 4 ranked teams. Why do so many on this board continue to make disparaging comments? 12 yr olds???? And how mature would you rate that? 13? Seriously, why can this board not deal with genuine discourse?

Because C-USA of a decade ago was laughed at from outsiders...a small collection of directional schools and some shunned from the public spotlight due to massive cheating. Others claim big markets and big schools, only to see their stadiums half full at best a majority of the time due to the constant eclipse of P5 schools in the state.
Then something happened...a lesser known, often joked at BCS conference was raided...all the terrible teams got picked off for true media markets and AAU association. Leaving behind a small pool of barely known schools...even worse than they were.

Others, claming to be the best of their comference, jump ship to the dying planet of the Big East...only to find they are not much better off than they were in their prior conference. Some teams are known, by city only, like Cincy. Combine the C-USA teams with dreams of one day being something, like ECU, bragging they would lose only 5 games a season, and winning 2 titles, you have a perfect mix of inflated dreams and egos of schools and teams who either got rejected by the P5 or felt they were too good for their current conference...only to end up in a conference blend of two jokingly bad personalities...
One saying, 'we were a BCS conference, we experienced greatness...but we did not move up.' As well as, 'We were too good for our conference, which was the best of the rest of the lesser conferences.'
Sad thing is, all the AAC has done is formed a wall between they and the G5 and the P5...thinking they are better than the G5 but ignored by the P5.

It is the best manifestation of Purgatory that one can get.

Reactions: andy4theherd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT