ADVERTISEMENT

The official Doc Holiday welcome back thread.

marshallsig

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2007
It was so good to see Doc coaching the 4th quarter against Va. Tech.

Look, I am just joking around. I am very happy after Saturday.

-The crowd showed up and stayed after halftime.
-The students showed and stayed after halftime.
-Great game and performance in perfect weather with a great crowd, hopefully translates to bigger crowds down the road.
-The game day experience is better coordinated and tries to engage the fans (still has room to grow but in the right direction.
-Speaker system sound great and does not make my ears bleed like that old one.
-The music selection was diverse enough to engage all generations.
-The band is bigger, not great, but bigger. It is a start.

-Fancher looked more comfortable, not a star but serviceable.
-The shakeup of the offensive line seemed to work, and the run blocking was better.
-The team stayed focused and played every play hard.
-Owen Porter is just a stud, and so is Conely.

But I felt like the 4th quarter we played not to lose, instead of to win. I remember Huff's introductory presser about never taking the foot off the gas. Especially the series where we just ran Ali the same basic play three times in a row. With the box loaded. Everyone could see what was coming.

I felt like Doc showed up to coach the 4th quarter. I like Huff, but I did not like the 4th quarter. Almost flashbacks of 2021 ecu. Did anyone else feel that way? What am I missing? Please help me to feel better. LOL (I Know we won, but that could have gotten away from us). Not a Trickett fan FWIW.

And for a good old fashion message board bitch, LOL, how about the playing of Sweet Caroline with 3 left in the 4th. Just did not fit the mood. Again, I am just joking around.

Happy Herd Fan Here!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News