ADVERTISEMENT

Trick Daddy and Legg

Will be very interesting to see if Huff is capable of finding replacements for all of these positions, especially considering his previous search appeared to go no further than the end of his nose.

What's next, is he going to approach the Shewey housekeeping staff to see if any of them would like a job as a coordinator?

Have there been any official announcements or verified reporting about the terminations?

Four coaches gone

Youre Out Puerto Rico GIF by MLB

Much needed on the offensive side. The DC should have gone with them. Not so much Morrison, Jmo.

You fire them now as they bring nothing to the table. No need to prolong the inevitable.looks like Morrison took it on the chin for Semore.

Reactions: FreddyReef
As predicted, CS allows CH yet another year and throws a bone with a "fire the assistants" deal. These never work, but it is something to try to fool the great unwashed. If CH were capable of hiring better assistants, why did he hire these losers in the first place?

CS accepts mediocrity.

As predicted, CS allows CH yet another year and throws a bone with a "fire the assistants" deal. These never work, but it is something to try to fool the great unwashed. If CH were capable of hiring better assistants, why did he hire these losers in the first place?

CS accepts mediocrity.

Post the schedule for the soccer tournament today.

Will be very interesting to see if Huff is capable of finding replacements for all of these positions, especially considering his previous search appeared to go no further than the end of his nose.

What's next, is he going to approach the Shewey housekeeping staff to see if any of them would like a job as a coordinator?

It'll be something to see, since he is likely going to find his replacement as well.

Huff didn't sign an extension and it likely could be that Spears won't offer him one anymore.
That is odd since he should sign it just for insurance sake. If he makes some ridiculous turnaround next season, he's gone anyway, and his buyout would be big since he just signed.
But if he doesn't win, he's going to decrease his chances of landing a better job and can still have the position of head coach to fall back on until he does better.
Instead he'll essentially be out anyway.

But the new positions, I would think, are also in the interest of possibly taking over for him after next season.
Which makes me wonder if he's gonna try to find a Marshall football alumni to be say, OC and is easily promotable.

CS accepts mediocrity.

Dumb. Full of ignorance. Congrats.

Post the schedule for the soccer tournament today.

excerpt:

We are fortunate to have found a coach with this amount of success,” Marshall athletic director Mike Hamrick said. “We are excited to have someone who has competed for championships, who has played professionally and has developed professionals. He has a degree from Marshall and he lived in Huntington and wanted to come back and be part of the Thundering Herd family. That makes this a perfect fit.”

excerpt:

“This is an exciting and historic day for Marshall University athletics,” said Mike Hamrick, MU’s director of athletics. “Our soccer teams will now have one of the top, if not the top, facilities in the country. It’s also historic because this is the first step toward continuing our facilities enhancement.”

Dumb. Full of ignorance. Congrats.
And its children's hour. How was Sunday School? Did they give you an oatmeal cookie and a juice box?

And we see the childish come back. Just call people that say true things that you wish were not true "dumb". No adult facts, no takes, no argument. Just childish namecalling. Like most 10 year olds.

I'm confused. About 6 weeks ago you were "confident" (which is a big word for a little kid) that this coaching (which presumably includes the now fired assistants) would lead us to "the championship".

But,

we finished LAST. LAST.

LAST.

Saying anything with "Marshall" on it is the bestest eveeeeer is not a take. It's childish.

As are you.

Once again anyone with a brain knew that firing staff was going to be what happened. All you morons like Sam and Sluggo knew it to but are blinded by their hatred of spears

Once again anyone with a brain knew that firing staff was going to be what happened. All you morons like Sam and Sluggo knew it to but are blinded by their hatred of spears
I knew it, I, in fact I predicted it, back when I, and many others, correctly pointed out how bad this team was and most were busy name-calling and posting great takes like "not" "is not either" and "you are dumb". I said, weeks ago, that after this season fell apart, we would get a "fire the assistants" deal and be stuck with CH for another year. I was right. As usual.

I was just hoping for better. I was hoping that CS would show leadership and do the right thing.

He isn't that kind of guy. He is a go along to get along type, doesn't want to rock the boat, whatever sort of guy. Others in his position demand better. He doesn't. I don't hate him, in fact I pity him. Those types of people never take a chance, and thus never see what can be accomplished.

BTW, Houston joins the list of those demanding better today, firing Horseface.

Serious question here. You are on record as defending Trickett’s play calling. Was Trickett bad, or is Huff wrong for firing him?
I can’t continue wasting my $200/hour salary time repeating the same thing just because your reading comprehension is poor.

What I continued to argue was that Trickett’s play calling wasn’t his issue. He called plays that his talent level could execute. The fact that his offense’s talent level left them one-dimensional made his play calling not substantially effective. You can execute a two yard pass, but it still leaves you at 2nd-and-8.

His issue wasn’t play calling. It was recruiting and development, just like I said years ago when he was first hired.

excerpt:

“We will now have one of the top, if not the top, facilities in the country. It’s also historic because this is the first step toward continuing our facilities enhancement.”
Why do you allow Hamrick to lie?

How many football championships did we win under Hamrick? How many basketball championships in a conference that you said didn’t put any effort into the sport?

See, Samantha, what you’re doing is called “intellectual dishonesty.” If a coach fails (which you claim Danny was/is doing), you blame the coach but didn’t say a thing about Hamrick hiring him and keeping him around. On the other hand, when a coach succeeds (like you’re showing with Grassie), you want to give the old AD the credit.

Let’s show some more: When a coach fails (like you claim with Huff), you don’t blame the AD that hired him even though you credit the AD who hired Grassie for his success. And then you blame the current AD (not the one who hired him) if that coach fails . . . unless, of course, it works in favor of Hamrick.

Rifle… there is an OC opening at Marshall. Send them your resume, make sure to talk about the NFL guys and all that.
I’m not ready to be an OC tomorrow. But I would be the best QB coach that Marshall had had in 20 years and the best recruiter it has ever had.

Sincerely,
Two different FBS classes ranked #1 in their conference, an FCS top 10 recruiting class, a different FCS’ top 20 recruiting class, and three QBs who signed NFL/CFL deals plus a fourth who was the most successful of that group in college and a fifth started at an FBS after I was his only FCS/FBS offer and coached him.

What you don’t understand, is that head coaches want to see a coach with a track record of success at their position. It’s how Huff ended up at Alabama. Recruits want to see a track record of success getting guys to the next level.

I’m not ready to be an OC tomorrow. But I would be the best QB coach that Marshall had had in 20 years and the best recruiter it has ever had.

Sincerely,
Two different FBS classes ranked #1 in their conference, an FCS top 10 recruiting class, a different FCS’ top 20 recruiting class, and three QBs who signed NFL/CFL deals plus a fourth who was the most successful of that group in college and a fifth started at an FBS after I was his only FCS/FBS offer and coached him.

What you don’t understand, is that head coaches want to see a coach with a track record of success at their position. It’s how Huff ended up at Alabama. Recruits want to see a track record of success getting guys to the next level.
Then prove it. Throw in your application.

Then prove it. Throw in your application.
Yesterday, I flew first-class from NY back to SoCal, because ya’ know, rich. I’m currently the only one at this heated, resort-style pool - one of seven or eight in my unincorporated small town. Later today, I’ll go for a 20 mile bike ride, possibly including to the beach a few miles away.

Earlier in the week, I was in Raleigh to see a $1.5 million home with an elevator I was interested in buying, because ya’ know, wealthy. The week prior, I was in Dallas to sleep with a smokeshow doctor.

This year alone, I’ve been to Tokyo, Oslo, Stockholm, Paris, Vienna, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, Prague, Brussels, London, Havana, and probably more that I can’t quickly remember. And in many of those, I either went with or linked up with major music artists.

And you want me to leave this lifestyle for $50k - $100k in Huntington Fvcking West Virginia? That’s almost as dumb as going to school to give body rubs to adolescents.

Yesterday, I flew first-class from NY back to SoCal, because ya’ know, rich. I’m currently the only one at this heated, resort-style pool - one of seven or eight in my unincorporated small town. Later today, I’ll go for a 20 mile bike ride, possibly including to the beach a few miles away.

Earlier in the week, I was in Raleigh to see a $1.5 million home with an elevator I was interested in buying, because ya’ know, wealthy. The week prior, I was in Dallas to sleep with a smokeshow doctor.

This year alone, I’ve been to Tokyo, Oslo, Stockholm, Paris, Vienna, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, Prague, Brussels, London, Havana, and probably more that I can’t quickly remember. And in many of those, I either went with or linked up with major music artists.

And you want me to leave this lifestyle for $50k - $100k in Huntington Fvcking West Virginia? That’s almost as dumb as going to school to give body rubs to adolescents.
Exactly what I thought. You're all talk. " I'm so rich but I'm also one of the greatest coaches/recruiters in the history of the world but also I'm just better than the school that gave me a chance to play collegiate sports. "

but also I'm just better than the school that gave me a chance to play collegiate sports. "
Marshall didn’t give me a “chance” anymore than I gave them the opportunity to have me on campus. You act like Marshall was my only scholarship offer.

Now, you, the moron who brought me into this thread, and the other guy who directed a question at me should try to stay on topic and not make every thread be about me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT