ADVERTISEMENT

Trick Daddy and Legg

I can’t continue wasting my $200/hour salary time repeating the same thing just because your reading comprehension is poor.

What I continued to argue was that Trickett’s play calling wasn’t his issue. He called plays that his talent level could execute. The fact that his offense’s talent level left them one-dimensional made his play calling not substantially effective. You can execute a two yard pass, but it still leaves you at 2nd-and-8.

His issue wasn’t play calling. It was recruiting and development, just like I said years ago when he was first hired.
So he rightfully was fired as OC?

$200/hr is only $400k a year. If you do all you say you do, and buy all you say you buy, I hope you have other sources of revenue that are independent of that figure.
As I said, "salary." That doesn't include music money. It doesn't include quarterly and annual bonuses. It doesn't include rent from two fully paid mortgages. It doesn't include interest. It doesn't include dividends from my other company (which I have always put back into the company).

I could spend every penny that I make each year and still be set for life. I don't know why I have to keep saying things similar to that. I'm rich, bitch.

As I said, "salary." That doesn't include music money. It doesn't include quarterly and annual bonuses. It doesn't include rent from two fully paid mortgages. It doesn't include interest. It doesn't include dividends from my other company (which I have always put back into the company).

I could spend every penny that I make each year and still be set for life. I don't know why I have to keep saying things similar to that. I'm rich, bitch.
Rich? Maybe. Wealthy? No. Believing you are set for life? Naive. I’ve seen too many fortunes disappear for people that thought the same thing.

All that said, glad you’re doing well.

$200/hr is only $400k a year. If you do all you say you do, and buy all you say you buy, I hope you have other sources of revenue that are independent of that figure.
My wife makes $200/hr, not hard to do when you put your mind to it… i just wish he start paying the girls at the front desk to take his pics because his old Polaroid camera needs to go..

Glad to see Trick Daddy and Legg gone! Maybe James Madison needs some help on their staff..

Huff has a chance to prove he wants to win and grow Marshall football. I don’t expect an overnight improvement to our offense, but I do hope to see Huff adding staff that makes sense, seasoned veteran type coaches that can develop talent and not screw up everything they do..

My wife makes $200/hr, not hard to do when you put your mind to it… i just wish he start paying the girls at the front desk to take his pics because his old Polaroid camera needs to go..
Incredulous Excuse Me GIF

Will be very interesting to see if Huff is capable of finding replacements for all of these positions, especially considering his previous search appeared to go no further than the end of his nose.

What's next, is he going to approach the Shewey housekeeping staff to see if any of them would like a job as a coordinator?
It's firing season. There are plenty of coaches available. MU would be a good place for a fired coach to come and improve the unit that is open and put themselves inline for a more lucrative job. Our former OL coach, Greg Adkins coached at some big places before coming here and is now at South Carolina. Out former DC, Guidry did the same. Can/will Huff get them? I'd be on the phone with Jeff Grimes as OL coach yesterday. He just got fired by Baylor as OC but his specialty is OL.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Glad to see Trick Daddy and Legg gone!
This.

Legg has been openly bad mouthing the program in the community the last 2 years. He needed removed a long time ago. I was disappointed when he was brought back into the Shewey 3 years ago.

Giving Trick the OC job was a hope and prayer based on his family's coaching background and most likely a quick promotional hire because of an anticipation for a quick exit from Marshall by Huff. The 4-0 start and the strong showing offensively at NCSt this season fueled the hubris. The lack of player development on the offensive side of the ball made all their firings inevitable and necessary.

Additionally, whomever gets the job(s) needs to be able to recruit effectively. The only coach I see delivering consistent recruits with consistent outcomes the last 2 seasons has been Ralph (Dline/Assit D Cord). He would be sorely missed if he chose to move on at this time.

This.

Legg has been openly bad mouthing the program in the community the last 2 years. He needed removed a long time ago. I was disappointed when he was brought back into the Shewey 3 years ago.

Giving Trick the OC job was a hope and prayer based on his family's coaching background and most likely a quick promotional hire because of an anticipation for a quick exit from Marshall by Huff. The 4-0 start and the strong showing offensively at NCSt this season fueled the hubris. The lack of player development on the offensive side of the ball made all their firings inevitable and necessary.

Additionally, whomever gets the job(s) needs to be able to recruit effectively. The only coach I see delivering consistent recruits with consistent outcomes the last 2 seasons has been Ralph (Dline/Assit D Cord). He would be sorely missed if he chose to move on at this time.

What has he been saying in the community.

I am curious because I have felt he should have been allowed to retire instead of being fired. But I would easily change my mind if I knew he was bad mouthing what we love.

What has he been saying in the community.

I am curious because I have felt he should have been allowed to retire instead of being fired. But I would easily change my mind if I knew he was bad mouthing what we love.
Lets just say he opined that in no way were we going to be competitive against ND (I believe the words he used specifically were "It will be a blowout loss") and openly laughed when Cole Pennington was named the starter ("no way he will turn the offense around"). Now, do I think he was/is 100% wrong on either opinion. No. But as a coach, supposedly looking to help build a program with community support, do you openly (yes...openly in public) put that kind of garbage out about your team or players outside of the coach's meetings???? IMO, hell no. The guy needed put out on his ass long ago.

I’m not ready to be an OC tomorrow. But I would be the best QB coach that Marshall had had in 20 years and the best recruiter it has ever had.

Sincerely,
Two different FBS classes ranked #1 in their conference, an FCS top 10 recruiting class, a different FCS’ top 20 recruiting class, and three QBs who signed NFL/CFL deals plus a fourth who was the most successful of that group in college and a fifth started at an FBS after I was his only FCS/FBS offer and coached him.

What you don’t understand, is that head coaches want to see a coach with a track record of success at their position. It’s how Huff ended up at Alabama. Recruits want to see a track record of success getting guys to the next level.

Then prove it. Or forever shut up about it. This whole "I'm the best, $200/hr salary, Blah blah blah" Nick Adams crap is getting old.

Send your resume, take an interview and prove that they offer you the job. If you don't want to take it because "I make too much money to do that" then so be it you can turn it down.

• Haha
Reactions: goherdorgohome2
This.

Agreed,

I never even knew Legg bad mouthed or talked negatively about Herd Football. I just never seen any positives from the guy. He’s bounced around quite alot for people to think he is so good at coaching. He was bad when Doc was here and he was Docs buddy so he never got fired, he just quit because he was told to….

Trickett, might be a nice guy and probably a ok positions Coach “not QB”. He definitely isn’t a OC or ready to be a OC.

Time to move on and hire help.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
It's firing season. There are plenty of coaches available. MU would be a good place for a fired coach to come and improve the unit that is open and put themselves inline for a more lucrative job. Our former OL coach, Greg Adkins coached at some big places before coming here and is now at South Carolina. Out former DC, Guidry did the same. Can/will Huff get them? I'd be on the phone with Jeff Grimes as OL coach yesterday. He just got fired by Baylor as OC but his specialty is OL.
Fired = unsuccessful. If you were a good OC your HC probably would still have a job.

Go get an FCS OC that is throwing up big numbers and is winning. Look what Mack Leftwich did at Texas State this year moving up from Incarnate Word.

Fired = unsuccessful. If you were a good OC your HC probably would still have a job.

Go get an FCS OC that is throwing up big numbers and is winning. Look what Mack Leftwich did at Texas State this year moving up from Incarnate Word.
I disagree with the first part. Just because a coach has been fired doesn't mean they're not a good coach. Talent improves a lot of coaching. A lot of MU fans, myself included, question why Shannon Morrison was fired.
Is he deemed unsuccessful because he was fired? I'd question that premise.

Also, I didn't reference the OC position in my post other than Jeff Grimes was fired as the OC at Baylor and I added that his specialty is the OL, meaning we need an OL coach. Going the FCS route for OC, whatever works. Need somebody creative that uses bubble screens on occasion and not as #1 play, IMO. My post was for coaches in general and we need OL, LB and WR coaches as well and was pointed to the ones asking "who's Huff gonna get".

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT