ADVERTISEMENT

Typical Doc Holliday Football

I understand all that but other than a couple huge defensive stops, they played very uninspired and appeared gassed. Ragland is a good QB but we will play others as good or better and better offensive teams than Miami this year.
The D had better buckle down or the talent of IG and the offense will be wasted and we will be another 6-6 team.
I don't disagree, but we need to remember this is game 1. Fuller looks to be continuing heaters gameplanning. We replaced 2 defensive ends this year, it showed a bit. I think they will settle in a bit, tough opponent for a first game to learn your issues from, but at the same time it sure makes a team learn real quick against tough competition and not a patsy. Miami may have been more experienced than we are, definitely have more upper classman. They have a good team, tough lines on both sides of the ball and tough linebackers. I say wait a few games, Miami gets cincy next who beat UCLA last night, then Minnesota. Lets see how they progress and how we progress, we have a tune up and then SC. Time tells the story but I will say that Ragland and his receivers look awfully like tettleton from Ohio.

It seemed that a lot of our own fans were wondering if we would even beat Miami. The way I see it is we won the first game of the year agains lt a team that will be pretty darn good and was favored most of the summer. We won on the road with a new QB, New OC and DC. I sure as heck am not going to judge the next 11 on this game. I saw many productions from our fans say we would go 1-3 in The OOC portion of our schedule.

We get EKU at home this week and will really get going this game. We will be fine.

No need to get to high with wins or low for some and too low with losses. There are 11 games left. We are 1-0 and will be 2-0 next week. There are a lot of teams that struggled in wee one. We will see a ton of growth this week. We will he just fine. People should step back from the ledge after a win.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
It seemed that a lot of our own fans were wondering if we would even beat Miami. The way I see it is we won the first game of the year agains lt a team that will be pretty darn good and was favored most of the summer. We won on the road with a new QB, New OC and DC. I sure as heck am not going to judge the next 11 on this game. I saw many productions from our fans say we would go 1-3 in The OOC portion of our schedule.

We get EKU at home this week and will really get going this game. We will be fine.

No need to get to high with wins or low for some and too low with losses. There are 11 games left. We are 1-0 and will be 2-0 next week. There are a lot of teams that struggled in wee one. We will see a ton of growth this week. We will he just fine. People should step back from the ledge after a win.
This. 100%

Not sure if serious, but I will say sarcasm is sarcastic.

Cincinnati is garbage, do you have some stock in them beating UCLA? Chip Kelly beat himself coaching, and BOTH teams looked inept at everything. If you didn’t watch the game then I’m sure you’re confused about the quality of the teams.

Reactions: pdbailey
Please for the love of all that’s holy quit saying it was a tough opponent to start with. Miami is a 6-6 MAC school at best this year. Why do we always do this, whether it’s Akron or Kent State or any other MAC team that gives us a much closer game than it should have been we go on and on about how good they are. By the way Cincinnati went on the road and beat UCLA so I wouldn’t go too crazy with the Miami will beat them handily.

I was happy with how the offense performed. Green making his first start looked poise and I thought he did great for a first game. The one two punch at running back was great (minus the kick off blunder) and our receiving Corp taking away the sure touchdown drop that would have put the game away looks great this year. They were getting open, showed great hands and Brady is simply amazing. Best WR at MU since Moss in my opinion.

The defense played inspired ball in the first half and did what we needed them to do. I felt we went into the half dominating on both sides and thought we would blow it open in the 3rd.

But I can’t explain the defense in the second half. I know Bee was out and that’s huge but they were giving huge cushions, not tackling well and in some cases leaving people wide open. When our offense sputtered the defense did not help other than the one goal line stand and the last 4 plays of the game.

I really hope it was just first game adjustments and feeling everything out. But my confidence in my 11-1 prediction at the start of the year took a hit last night. But we still got the W and we are still 1-0, but I hope we are much better on defense when we go to South Carolina or we will get embarrassed. There is simply too much talent on this team to not handily beat the little Miami’s of the world.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Please for the love of all that’s holy quit saying it was a tough opponent to start with. Miami is a 6-6 MAC school at best this year. Why do we always do this, whether it’s Akron or Kent State or any other MAC team that gives us a much closer game than it should have been we go on and on about how good they are. By the way Cincinnati went on the road and beat UCLA so I wouldn’t go too crazy with the Miami will beat them handily.

I was happy with how the offense performed. Green making his first start looked poise and I thought he did great for a first game. The one two punch at running back was great (minus the kick off blunder) and our receiving Corp taking away the sure touchdown drop that would have put the game away looks great this year. They were getting open, showed great hands and Brady is simply amazing. Best WR at MU since Moss in my opinion.

The defense played inspired ball in the first half and did what we needed them to do. I felt we went into the half dominating on both sides and thought we would blow it open in the 3rd.

But I can’t explain the defense in the second half. I know Bee was out and that’s huge but they were giving huge cushions, not tackling well and in some cases leaving people wide open. When our offense sputtered the defense did not help other than the one goal line stand and the last 4 plays of the game.

I really hope it was just first game adjustments and feeling everything out. But my confidence in my 11-1 prediction at the start of the year took a hit last night. But we still got the W and we are still 1-0, but I hope we are much better on defense when we go to South Carolina or we will get embarrassed. There is simply too much talent on this team to not handily beat the little Miami’s of the world.

Do yourself a favor and watch the Cinci vs UCLA game.

I did, both terrible. UCLA will not win more than 2 all year.

It’s funny. I knew watching Green play “some arm chair QB, is going To mistake Green’s poise for not caring/showing effort.”

Honestly, is there nothing you guys won’t complain about??? I don’t understand why you choose a joyless life.

If you're referring to me I meant it as to how relaxed he was that he could have cared less about the defense. Green was unshakable. At times it almost looks as if he's bored. You don't get that from 1st time starting freshman.

Last edited:
You think 300 lb d lineman grow on trees? These type kids don’t go to Marshall in the first place. As for Doc, why anyone expected anything different than what you saw last night is comical.

Why not? Marshall......Because you have to recruit them Doc has not gone into those areas where good DT’s are and offer! If we are ever to move on into the future He will have to stock the team like Oline has been done.

Why not? Marshall......Because you have to recruit them Doc has not gone into those areas where good DT’s are and offer! If we are ever to move on into the future He will have to stock the team like Oline has been done.

Because we are low on the pecking order of college choices for D lineman in the 300 lb range.

Because we are low on the pecking order of college choices for D lineman in the 300 lb range.
Yep, any 300 lb DT from the HS level with talent to play at the FBS level will end up with several mid-to high level P5 offers. This results in our chances of landing the recruit to be minimal unless they have academic issues. The current philosophy is to take talented DEs with size and grow them into DTs in the 270-280 range. We are currently still fine against the run so I'm not sure why the cry for 300 lb DTs is so strong.

Last edited:
Yep, any 300 lb DT from the HS level with talent to play at the FBS level will end up with several mid-to high level P5 offers. This results in our changes of landing the recruit to be minimal unless they have academic issues. The current philosophy is to take talented DEs with size and grow them into DTs in the 270-280 range. We are currently still fine against the run so I'm not sure why the cry for 300 lb DTs is so strong.
That and the defensive game plan calls for quick lineman, not necessarily a bull rusher. We had a few during the Snyder era, via the juco route, but he had a different philosophy than Bob and Doc. Nyquan Harris was last big boy I recall Doc recruit. Rest were and are lighter, quicker lineman that can run sideline to sideline. That works well for us overall.

Yep, any 300 lb DT from the HS level with talent to play at the FBS level will end up with several mid-to high level P5 offers. This results in our changes of landing the recruit to be minimal unless they have academic issues. The current philosophy is to take talented DEs with size and grow them into DTs in the 270-280 range. We are currently still fine against the run so I'm not sure why the cry for 300 lb DTs is so strong.
A kid from Martinsburg wanted to be a Herd. Yes, he would have been a prop but the kid could play.

Reactions: 31Herd55
I find it concerning fans came out of that game feeling good about our team and upset that other fans weren’t happy with the the 7 point victory to a 5-7 MAC school from a year ago shows to me our fans have settled at being mediocre.. anything less then a conference championship is disappointing this year in my opinion. This team has way to much talent to be struggling on the defensive side of the ball

I only watched about half of the game, but there were two plays where Marshall had two receivers on the same side that were both on the line. That's either going to lead to a penalty if it's a pass and they both go out or it ends up being a huge tip that it is going to be a run play. Both plays that I saw they lined up like this ended up being run plays.

A good DC/quality control coach will pick up on that, alert the outside linebacker to look for it, and they will be able to cheat the run.

Reactions: sistersville
See what happened with Bee out! Defense got exploited in the second half and worn down by a bigger OLine play!

I find it concerning fans came out of that game feeling good about our team and upset that other fans weren’t happy with the the 7 point victory to a 5-7 MAC school from a year ago shows to me our fans have settled at being mediocre.. anything less then a conference championship is disappointing this year in my opinion. This team has way to much talent to be struggling on the defensive side of the ball

Two things here I’ve been saying for years.
1. The super fans on here will never allow for criticism and 2. The Doc era has been underachieving considering the supposed talent he’s brought in every season.

btw, did you know fromer Martinsburg QBTyson Bagent went 36-56 and 518 yards and 3 TDS in his first college football game. The word around the campfire is Walker and Doc don't get along.

Yeah and he did it against Notre Dame, lol.
His team lost the game.

Yeah and he did it against Notre Dame, lol.
His team lost the game.
the kid ran two back to back no huddle touchdowns and the wideout dropped the two pt conversations to tie. Not bad for only practicing three weeks and throwing for 500 yards. last years Shepherd QB is playing for the Redskins right now and the Shepherd coaches say he is better.

the kid ran two back to back no huddle touchdowns and the wideout dropped the two pt conversations to tie. Not bad for only practicing three weeks and throwing for 500 yards. last years Shepherd QB is playing for the Redskins right now and the Shepherd coaches say he is better.

They signed him last week as a back up for their last practice game. I thought they cut him right after that but hopefully I’m wrong.

btw, did you know fromer Martinsburg QBTyson Bagent went 36-56 and 518 yards and 3 TDS in his first college football game. The word around the campfire is Walker and Doc don't get along.

Lol same kid who said he turned D1 to play D2

No he was not. He participated in mini camp and that was it. He was cut without ever throwing a single pass and will not be added to the practice squad.

Congrats, I guess?
As of today he had not been cut yet? And, Shepherd coaches say Tyson is better then a kid that got NFL looks

When I see a BG33 rant, I just sit back and remember how incredibly wrong he was about D’Antoni.

Then I just shrug it off.

I WAS GOING TO POST THE SAME THING....He was wrong about Coach Dan....yet, like the LIBERAL he is...He will never admit it. Go HERD & Go TRUMP.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Herdzilla, poster child for all things right wing, you can keep him

Yep...for damn sure I am RIGHT WING..
......I don't like TRUMP for the person he is, but, I appreciate the good things he is doing for America.

BTW...did you catch any of John McCain's Farewell tour? Now that was an EGO-TRIP for sure......

US ARMY (Sgt) 1970-73, SE ASIA 1970-71.......HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: ibshep12
Yep...for damn sure I am RIGHT WING........I don't like TRUMP for the person he is, but, I appreciate the good things he is doing for America.

BTW...did you catch any of John McCain's Farewell tour? Now that was an EGO-TRIP for sure......

US ARMY (Sgt) 1970-73, SE ASIA 1970-71.......HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Like I said.....

Reactions: Herdfan1986

5uiryo.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT