ADVERTISEMENT

WE ARE . . .

major-league-theyre-still-shitty.gif

Does Fancher know the playbook? There were several times he looked like he went to the wrong side on an option, and once or twice when he didn’t pull the ball. Kid was a bit of a mess.

Does Fancher know the playbook? There were several times he looked like he went to the wrong side on an option, and once or twice when he didn’t pull the ball. Kid was a bit of a mess.
He should by now. And there's no excuse otherwise

We are going to struggle this year. Offense is one dimensional and can’t throw down the field. Defense is not as good as last year. Tonight was a bad win vs. a mediocre FCS team.

Huff & Trickett have a blind spot with Fancher. I can’t understand what they see. He is a one read & put head down QB. Move him to a slot WR!

The sunshine crew will cite completion percentage, but he is only making high percentage throws. The problem with that is it allows the defense to ignore having to defend the whole field. I said somewhere else that our offense essentially makes play every snap like we’re in the redzone. We play in a compressed field.

If we are going to do that, we should bring in 2 TEs and a fullback and create some blocking mismatches for our run game. They had 8-9 in the box all night anyway, put in players that can block LBers and let Ali do work.

We won this game because of depth. The play calls from Trickett were the same from start to finish.

By the time we got to the 4th, Albany just didn't have the same energy they had through 2.5 quarters.

Banking on depth and only throwing sideline to sideline isn't going to work going forward.

If I were Huff I would find someone else to call plays because Trickett absolutely sucks. He makes Bill Legg look exciting.

Were;'t we favored by 23? Isn't Albany FCS/DIAA? If so, we came close to screwing the pooch like in 2007 against New Hampshire. We should include automatic termination for losing to lower division team in every coaches contract.

To who? No one else on the roster could beat him out in camp.
Well for starters, we're trusting the opinion and skill assessment capabilities of our coaching staff which, at this point, I have little faith in.

AND why aren't any other QBs developing? Are they all seriously worse than Cam? Or do Huff & Co lack the ability to develop players? Either way, it's on this coaching staff.

Most of those throws were glorified run plays as someone else said. It looks like an offense designed around a QB they don't fully trust. And why didn't they use Fanchers legs more? We need a few runs per game with him to keep the defense guessing because right now it ain't hard to guess.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I'm waiting for the "we were going vanilla with our offense to give us a better chance later in the season" excuse.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
Post game comments from Porter compared it to the Bowling Green game. That tells me they read their own press and thought they could just roll this team.

I thought the secondary looked suspect. Their receivers were getting open most of the game. Some of that was the elusiveness of their QB keeping plays alive but still. One their passing TD there wasn’t a defender on that side of the field.

Offense was boring as usual. One mid range pass to the TE but that was it.

The only positives from this game:
-they didn’t fold
-good crowd
-video board is a big upgrade

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
1-11. Fire Trickett he is the worst D1 OC there is.
Huff's gonna be here more years than he wants, unless Spears fires him after this year.
#bringbackdoc! Lol!

Reactions: The Real SamC
1-11. Fire Trickett he is the worst D1 OC there is.
Huff's gonna be here more years than he wants, unless Spears fires him after this year.
#bringbackdoc! Lol!
😆 with each season, Huff's stock continues to lower. Considering he has been looking for a way out the moment he put on the green blazer, you'd think he would dump any staff member who is underperforming.

I do not see another win on this schedule. This is a poorly coached, unmotivated, and, bluntly, not that talented group of individuals. At the end of this year, we need to blow it all up and start afresh.

😆 with each season, Huff's stock continues to lower. Considering he has been looking for a way out the moment he put on the green blazer, you'd think he would dump any staff member who is underperforming.
We can blame our esteemed BOG for swallowing the BS, hook, line and sinker.

I’ll take this bet.
I see quite a few more W’s.
Name them. This is, obviously, the worst team we play. There is not a game where we have a shot until Georgia State. South Alabama and Arkansas State are also possible wins, but this crew will be going through the motions by then.

This is a bad football team.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
To who? No one else on the roster could beat him out in camp.
Thats the line we are fed Bleeds. How many practices did you go to this year? Not being a smart butt. But you see where I'm coming from. I have a hard time believing we do not have a better overall qb on the roster. If....IF that's true, Trickett should immediately be let go of his duties and Huff right behind him if he isn't man enough to make the change. Sick of this BS crappy jv qb play. WE ARE MARSHALL, where is the excitement and fun on offense we were promised? All gas and no brakes! End rant/

I’ll take this bet.
I see quite a few more W’s.
Let's hear them. I want to know of all these W's. I only see possibly 3 more. Unless we just had that bad of night. Which is possible, players were not well coached and we had many blown assignments.

Granted it was only the first game of the season, but he didn't look any better than where he left off. He's athletic and could be used somewhere in our offense but he's too inconsistent.

Makes me wonder if he's really good in practice but in actual live games performs at a much lower level.

Thats the line we are fed Bleeds. How many practices did you go to this year? Not being a smart butt. But you see where I'm coming from. I have a hard time believing we do not have a better overall qb on the roster. If....IF that's true, Trickett should immediately be let go of his duties and Huff right behind him if he isn't man enough to make the change. Sick of this BS crappy jv qb play. WE ARE MARSHALL, where is the excitement and fun on offense we were promised? All gas and no brakes! End rant/
If I cosign on your point then that would mean that Huff and Trickett just ignored the other QBs and chose Fancher regardless of the production in practice. I have a friend that attended practice. He said the run game is good, defense should be solid but not great, and the QB situation was pretty bad. Said we were going to struggle to score.

And before you say, "no fans were allowed to watch so how did he see anything." The person that told me this works for the university.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
Post game comments from Porter compared it to the Bowling Green game. That tells me they read their own press and thought they could just roll this team.

I thought the secondary looked suspect. Their receivers were getting open most of the game. Some of that was the elusiveness of their QB keeping plays alive but still. One their passing TD there wasn’t a defender on that side of the field.

Offense was boring as usual. One mid range pass to the TE but that was it.

The only positives from this game:
-they didn’t fold
-good crowd
-video board is a big upgrade
Sorry. Even overlooking Albany shouldn't have resulted in the way that game went. Talent alone should have kept us out in front, but just been a sloppy game.

No this was a poorly coached effort and Fancher just sucks.

IF Huff and Trickett just decided to do the absolute bare minimum because they're scared of other teams getting film then they don't deserve to be coaches.

I get so sick of hearing Doc, Legg, and now Huff spew that garbage. If you're good enough and your team is good enough then line up and dictate your will. Since the days of Snyder our coaches have allowed the opposition to dictate how we play.

Most of today's coaches are pussies that constantly out think the room. I miss the days of football where the HCs were arrogant and dared the other teams to stop them. Pruett was like that. Coaches like Spurrier, Osborne, Johnson, and Switzer.

Name them. This is, obviously, the worst team we play. There is not a game where we have a shot until Georgia State. South Alabama and Arkansas State are also possible wins, but this crew will be going through the motions by then.

This is a bad football team.
$100 Big Green donation wager Sam that we win again before Georgia State.

Willing to accept?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT