ADVERTISEMENT

Wells

Hill > Wells.
And I have no idea why anyone puts Wells, BL, CP in a sentence together. The Skinner comparison is a bit harsh, Wells is better than that

What are you basing that off of?

Wells edges Hill in just about every comparable category.

Completion %

Wells - 63%
Hill - 62.1%

Passer Rating

Wells - 145.30
Hill - 131.50

TD:INT

Wells - 1.83
Hill - 1.46

Yes, I realize stats don't always tell the entire story, but through 13 games, that's about all we can compare them on.

Reactions: munotwvu342
What are you basing that off of?

Wells edges Hill in just about every comparable category.

Completion %

Wells - 63%
Hill - 62.1%

Passer Rating

Wells - 145.30
Hill - 131.50

TD:INT

Wells - 1.83
Hill - 1.46

Yes, I realize stats don't always tell the entire story, but through 13 games, that's about all we can compare them on.

Hill played against Tennessee, UGA, Ohio State, Led us to a title up against Big Ben.

Hill played against Tennessee, UGA, Ohio State, Led us to a title up against Big Ben.

What's your point?

Wells is scheduled to play Notre Dame, VT (x2), and any other P5 school we play during his tenure here.

Were you not the one comparing him to Skinner??

No one in this thread has put him at the level of Byron or Chad. Period. There are components of his game that if he can eliminate errors and improve could make him a very, very good QB.

Denying he has an arm with the strength to make professional level throws demonstrates not many are watching him. (That doesn't mean he's a professional level QB or will make the league)

We've also had posters point out correctly that not all the passes dropped or intercepted were completely on Wells which some of you continue to ignore.

It's comments and pitiful comparisons like you make that "hurt the kid"....(skinner)
Ok man… I’m sorry comparing him to skinner hurt you (or apparently your sons) feelings. I already said in this thread that was probably a bit harsh. I should have said he’s an average QB.

comparing him to skinner doesn’t hurt him, it’s literally setting expectations low which is a good thing.

What's your point?

Wells is scheduled to play Notre Dame, VT (x2), and any other P5 school we play during his tenure here.
I’m pretty sure his point was in the stats that you were comparing the two. Hill’s body of reference includes those P5 teams.

What's your point?

Scheduled to, not the same as did already. You can’t discount the difference in competition that Hill played vs Wells thus far.

I’m pretty sure his point was in the stats that you were comparing the two. Hill’s body of reference includes those P5 teams.

Ok.

In those three games, Hill averaged 168 ypg while completing 60.4% passes. He also threw four touchdowns.

I wouldn't necessarily use those #'s as a focal point of my argument.

Scheduled to, not the same as did already. You can’t discount the difference in competition that Hill played vs Wells thus far.

You're acting like Hill was playing top of the line competition every week.

He struggled against those teams you listed and made up for it against lower level competition.

It's ok to admit that something Bob Pruett put his hands on wasn't better than things we have now.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
redsfan5590 - I would imagine you are the type of fan who never shows up to games, puts zero investment into the program but loves to throw shit at our players, coaches & university. Don't seem to remember seeing you on here much after a win? The rest of you - Jesus, Joseph & Mary!! You-all acting like 'Bama fans! All big & bad internet tuffs throwing out your spew all over the Herd. Like Huff said:

"If you're gonna get off the train? Do it now. Because you won't be able to get back on, it'll be moving too fast."
This thread makes me sick & ashamed to be a part of this right now..........

Ok.

In those three games, Hill averaged 168 ypg while completing 60.4% passes. He also threw four touchdowns.

I wouldn't necessarily use those #'s as a focal point of my argument.

Let’s see what Wells does against ND, Hill played 3 ranked teams and gave us a chance to win in all 3.

redsfan5590 - I would imagine you are the type of fan who never shows up to games, puts zero investment into the program but loves to throw shit at our players, coaches & university. Don't seem to remember seeing you on here much after a win? The rest of you - Jesus, Joseph & Mary!! You-all acting like 'Bama fans! All big & bad internet tuffs throwing out your spew all over the Herd. Like Huff said:

"If you're gonna get off the train? Do it now. Because you won't be able to get back on, it'll be moving too fast."

Superfan much?

Stan was actually an above avg QB, that unfortunately suffered an injury and was never the same after.

Who put the Pennington Leftwich crown on him? Answer: the same fan that now insinuates that he is failing at his job???
Those high jumping chest bumps will do that to you

TO me Stan Hill never lived up to his potential. But, if he would have he was the third Best QB since Pennington.

Pennington, Leftwich, HIll.

Hill was better than Cato and Litton. Wells is still playing.

IMO. It's not all on the DBs. The defensive scheme overall we were playing in the 4th had a lot to do with it. Appeared to be more zone type defense allowing underneath completions off QB 2 step drops. When we went man to man, our coverage appeared much better. ECU made some good catches during tight m2m coverage. The tight end for ECU was a big target and mismatch on our guys when he got open too. We failed to adjust and account for him. The defensive dead ball personal foul on the one scoring drive was a big penalty. That was an extra 15 yds on top of the play.

I expect our team to get better and better this season. I'm not seeing frustration from players on the field or sidelines. I'm not seeing hands on hips and hung heads. I see them starting to learn and believe in a process of what it means to be a team that executes effectively. Regardless of the talent we face on the remaining schedule, we have some kids capable of big plays and improving performance. We have some really good wins ahead of us.
I've watched our DB's for decades and few ever turn and look for the ball. It's pitiful to watch them look at the WR and never get in the position to look for the ball or make a play on it. If we faced high caliber QB's I could give them a pass but we don't. Most QB's we face aren't great and don't have cannon arms.

I've watched our DB's for decades and few ever turn and look for the ball. It's pitiful to watch them look at the WR and never get in the position to look for the ball or make a play on it. If we faced high caliber QB's I could give them a pass but we don't. Most QB's we face aren't great and don't have cannon arms.
I cant disagree. Huff (this week) is the first MU coach in 10 years actually admit that this very issue has to be addressed/changed for us to improve defensively.

Reactions: Marine03

I am sorry. I should have known that unless I donate a large portion of money to the university (and my alma mater) then I don’t have a right to comment.

I can’t imagine why we have a problem keeping young fans around and filling the stadium 🤔.

I’ll go ahead and donate my season tickets, which of course are only general admission, im not as good as some on here.

redsfan5590 said:
I’ll go ahead and donate my season tickets, which of course are only general admission, im not as good as some on here.

…….you might as well. Sounds like you’re one that sits on his hands & bitches loudly when we have a bad play & is stone silent when good things happen. Make room for some positivity!!
Go Herd!

redsfan5590 said:

…….you might as well. Sounds like you’re one that sits on his hands & bitches loudly when we have a bad play & is stone silent when good things happen. Make room for some positivity!!
Go Herd!

Marshall fans: “why can’t we fill the stadium?”

Also Marshall fans: “you shouldn’t even come to the game if you don’t cheer the right way!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT