ADVERTISEMENT

WSAZ FRIDAY FORECAST

It wont be Sunny at 7pm!!!!!

Love it, I hope it is about 30 at kickoff!

And we have a loud crowd!

Should be a fun night. This is what fans want. Chances to win championships.

Everyone talks about how we "used" to play for Championships. Welp, thats what we are playing for Friday, so that means everyone SHOULD be there!!!

I really hope the fans show up. We need a good crowd but we have a lot working against us.

Friday game rules out some traveling from a long distance, lots of local HS football playoffs, and the folks that aren’t coming back until Doc is gone.

But it is the anniversary game and a huge game from a conf stand point.

The forecast, combined with the game being on TV, will keep some away.

yep. Our fans will use its cold as an excuse to not come out. Geez...we are heading up mid afternoon Friday getting my son out of school and my wife and I leaving work early. Should be a fun environment that night at least for those of us that are there.

We need that temp. to drop about 10 degrees or so by game time. Don't believe those swamp creatures from down bayou country are crazy about "cold". LA Tech played at Bowling Green, OH, in early September but all of their other road games have been in TX! Welcome to mid November nights in West by God Virginia!!!!

90% of the kids who start and play lots of minutes for us are from Florida. They aren’t WV kids. They hate the cold weather as much as the Louisiana kids.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Hey we like mayonnaise in North La!! The low will be in the teens this week tomorrow night.

Hey dawg - welcome to the board. What can you tell us about Skip's 2019 squad? Somehow, I don't think we have played a game in Ruston? The only game between the two teams afaik was 2014 CUSA Title game in Huntington.....

The most physical team Skip has had since being here(beat up on North Texas).We switched to a 3/4 this year and have a new coordinator in Bob Diaco. There were some growing pains early, but we have been pretty salty lately on D. J’Mar Smith is a 3 yr. starter at QB and has had a good year. He has a cannon, but can be a little erratic with his accuracy. We have a bowling ball RB (Henderson#33)who has really come on this year. He can run you over or hurdle ya.
We tend to play soft early on D, yet have been really good in the red zone.

The couple of times I have got to see Marshall this year, looks like you guys will be one of the more physical teams we play.

Cavedawg, that name "Diaco" sounds familiar. If he is the same guy as the one with the same last name who was the HC at UConn a few seasons back, then some of our staff may be a little familiar with the defense he likes to run. We played the Huskies under "Diaco" in the Boca Bowl 3 or so years ago. Doc may want to break out the tapes of that game, since it was a defensive battle of sorts.

I will be surprised if we have more than 20 thousand... no fun to watch. Layed a big goose egg last big home game. People just don't like watching this style

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT