17 football promotions

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
9-2 Miami (not the real one, the one in Ohio) - Kelly Green Out
9-16 Kent State - Hall of Fame Game
10-14 Old Dominion - Homecoming
10-28 Florida International - Military Appreciation
11 - 11 Western Kentucky - Alumni Appreciation (odd you would not do the Military on Veteran's Day)
11-25 Southern Mississippi - Youth Night

9-2 Miami (not the real one, the one in Ohio) - Kelly Green Out
9-16 Kent State - Hall of Fame Game
10-14 Old Dominion - Homecoming
10-28 Florida International - Military Appreciation
11 - 11 Western Kentucky - Alumni Appreciation (odd you would not do the Military on Veteran's Day)
11-25 Southern Mississippi - Youth Night

Can't really believe Hammy is dumb enough to play the 11/25 game at night!! If anything, I think it ought to be an early afternoon game, 1 or 2 pm, followed up by a 7 pm game of Herd basketball at the Cam!! That's the kind of double header action that should please everybody: tailgaters, Huntington restaurant and motel operators, etc., etc.!

Might as well drink Hennessey

I think a local product would be better suited for drowning our sorrows.

moonshine2.jpg

I can't believe someone replied and didn't get my reference; Ten Cent Beer Night is an infamous day in sports history lol.

Can't really believe Hammy is dumb enough to play the 11/25 game at night!! If anything, I think it ought to be an early afternoon game, 1 or 2 pm, followed up by a 7 pm game of Herd basketball at the Cam!! That's the kind of double header action that should please everybody: tailgaters, Huntington restaurant and motel operators, etc., etc.!

First off, it's determined by TV and I'm sure TV will pick up that game like they always do.

So, what's alumni appreciation night going to offer alums?

Every game should be a Kelly green out IMO, I wear nothing but, looks good and shows up on TV.

If there's one thing I wish Marshall would do is to reach out more to community youth centers and church and synagogue youth groups. Do an email campaign , have bus parking pre arranged, discount tickets for lower use sections and offer a free coke or popcorn at half to those attending.

God knows with a 30% heroin addiction rate in some demographic segments and an unemployment rate close to that a little positive karma might go a long way. And as we all know those horrific results are directly from the thinking of the ruling eerbillys. Maybe Marshall can help the state out and provide something positive. Oh wait let's see that the eerbillys want to say to helping out youth first. Terrible idea right eerbillys?

First off, it's determined by TV and I'm sure TV will pick up that game like they always do.

Now wait a sec, Fever, "that game" has recently been the season ender against WKU. However, this year we end up with Southern Miss. If the Herd's season is in the dumpster again by midseason, I doubt if TV will pick up our last game in front of a massive throng of "hundreds"!!!

Hamrick should explain to those of us who are veterans why he chose a date other than 11/11. There is simply no excuse for that and it is an insult to those who served to be honored on "The Other Veterans Day."

while we are at it when was the last time the mens basketball team played a game the week of or the week after xmas at home? id love to go see them play but there always on the dam road at some other place not home in front of the home fans for the holidays.

Agreed on men's hoops herdinmeechegan. I come to WV for Christmas and there's never a game it seems. I think over Thanksgiving 3'years ago I watched Morehead pummel Danny's first team. I'd love to be able to drive down and see a game while killing time.

I think we should have a WVAns don't want to 49th out of 50 night , have everyone wear Kelly green and strap Dana Holegrson Gordon Gee Horseteeth and Drunk Thuggins dolls in the men's urinals so we can piss on them for creating such a horrible state in what should be such a great state! Oh and sell beer at a discount too!

Hamrick should explain to those of us who are veterans why he chose a date other than 11/11. There is simply no excuse for that and it is an insult to those who served to be honored on "The Other Veterans Day."

I don't know the answer but my first thought is that game is closest to 11/14 which has typically been black out because of the anniversary of the crash. Maybe the staff wanted to recognize veterans on a different day so they could have their day. Who knows because the fountain isn't shut off until 11/14.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT