ADVERTISEMENT

2 National Anthems

Jartard

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 29, 2019
Dems are hellbent on dividing the country. I’m not saying there’s not a time or place for, “Lift Every Voice and Sing”, but on par with the NATIONAL Anthem is not it.

Reactions: mlblack16.
For the record, I don’t like “America the Beautiful” being played just before the National Anthem as well.

Remember when people like you lost their collective shit when this commercial was played?

Let's be honest. It is probably easier for the NFL to play the stupd Let Every Voice Sing song just so those loudmouths will shut up for a minute. But, as longs as they take the easy road those loudmouths will never shut up complelelty

It is like their endzone End Racism virtue signaling. It does no damn bit of good but, it shuts people up for a second.

There is one national anthem and it is not Let Every Voice Sing.

Reactions: Jartard
Did that really happen or are you making sh*t up? I'm being serious because I don't remember the commercial or controversy.
What definitely never happened was 06 serving his country in the military.

As for the commercial, I'm sure there was a small number who were unhappy with the commercial, but the overwhelming majority were completely fine with it.

Did that really happen or are you making sh*t up? I'm being serious because I don't remember the commercial or controversy.
Yes. There were those that were upset because the "Star Spangled Banner" was being sung in other languages.

Let's be honest. It is probably easier for the NFL to play the stupd Let Every Voice Sing song just so those loudmouths will shut up for a minute. But, as longs as they take the easy road those loudmouths will never shut up complelelty

It is like their endzone End Racism virtue signaling. It does no damn bit of good but, it shuts people up for a second.

There is one national anthem and it is not Let Every Voice Sing.
Damn near 60% of the players are black. God forbid we let them signal some virtues.

I really can’t imagine caring about what songs they decided to sing before a football game. They still sang the Anthem last, who cares what they did before it.

Dems are hellbent on dividing the country. I’m not saying there’s not a time or place for, “Lift Every Voice and Sing”, but on par with the NATIONAL Anthem is not it.

How exactly was it "on par" it was sang much earlier and the singers were not even inside the stadium. There was not a military fly over with it. It clearly was not "on par". Explain how I am missing what you saw?

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
They don't sing sh*t at professional futbol matches - the way God intended it. Probably because there are so many nationalities, they would never get to the actual match.

How exactly was it "on par" it was sang much earlier and the singers were not even inside the stadium. There was not a military fly over with it. It clearly was not "on par". Explain how I am missing what you saw?
yeah this whole thing is showing how paper thin some people’s skin is. This is a total nothing-burger.

Tell me it’s not done to appease people? Why does it need sang at all? Why not have an Asian National Anthem played too? Maybe an Eskimo National Anthem? How about a Native American National Anthem? Maybe a Hawaiian National Anthem? Hell, let’s keep dividing the people instead of uniting them.

Tell me it’s not done to appease people? Why does it need sang at all? Why not have an Asian National Anthem played too? Maybe an Eskimo National Anthem? How about a Native American National Anthem? Maybe a Hawaiian National Anthem? Hell, let’s keep dividing the people instead of uniting them.
What an unhinged reaction to a hymn called Lift Every Voice and Sing.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

What does any of that have to do with my statement? You stated it was on par, I questioned that, and asked you to explain how i was missing your point.
Now your point has changed, so you agree it wasnt actual on par? they had all kinds of music that was part of the entire broadcast, concerts before, singers at halftime. It is called entertainment, not everything is going to be to every person's taste. So lift every voice and sing is not to yours. I guess in your mind only your tastes in music should be allowed at the Super Bowl.

I questioned your statement about it being treated as on par with the national Anthem. I asked you to point out how I was looking at wrong. You instead tried to divert the argument in another direction. What does that have to do with what race you are? So is your point that as a white man I have no right to question your statement?

Isn't the song referred to as the "Black National Anthem" or is that just something I have overheard/read incorrectly?

In any event, The Star Spangled Banner should no longer be our national anthem. It should be America The Beautiful instead.
quantum-leap-mirror.gif

@MichiganHerd is the token white unofficial black man here. You two are going to have to decide who's black ass should be kissed when you get pissed off.
He is my brotha from another motha, of course we have different fathers though. It’s hard being a strong black man trapped in the body of a Caucasian. No one uses my preferred race when they speak to me. Bunch of cracka @ss beeeotches.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
In any event, The Star Spangled Banner should no longer be our national anthem. It should be America The Beautiful instead.
Absolutely herdfella. The Star Spangled Banner should no longer be used as our national anthem, due to understandable ambiguity in reference to the following:

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
from the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave.
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
o’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

This reference to the Colonial Marines (a British unit comprised primarily of escaped slaves who were fighting for their own freedom) could certainly be construed that those who choose to fight for their own freedom (instead of continuing to be chattel in the U.S.) deserve nothing but terror and/or death. Of course, emancipation by the American government was certainly unthinkable to Francis Scott Key, as for example he sought the death penalty against a man who possessed abolitionist literature (while Key was a prosecutor in D.C.).

Absolutely herdfella. The Star Spangled Banner should no longer be used as our national anthem, due to understandable ambiguity in reference to the following:

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
from the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave.
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
o’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

This reference to the Colonial Marines (a British unit comprised primarily of escaped slaves who were fighting for their own freedom) could certainly be construed that those who choose to fight for their own freedom (instead of continuing to be chattel in the U.S.) deserve nothing but terror and/or death. Of course, emancipation by the American government was certainly unthinkable to Francis Scott Key, as for example he sought the death penalty against a man who possessed abolitionist literature (while Key was a prosecutor in D.C.).
We should probably scrap the entire constitution while we are at it. Minute parts of it were written with contemporary views and standards that we wouldn’t dare fathom today. And shew, those guys were all asshole slave-owners too.

We should probably scrap the entire constitution while we are at it. Minute parts of it were written with contemporary views and standards that we wouldn’t dare fathom today. And shew, those guys were all asshole slave-owners too.
I'm not sure why one would want to scrap the Constitution, as we do have an amendment process (as reflected in the Bill of Rights). Chattel slavery was of course abolished via the 13th Amendment (almost one hundred years after the Constitution was drafted). So why would we still want to embrace a song as our national anthem that celebrates slavery? There are many things in our nation's history that are repugnant, but we don't celebrate them. I don't see anyone singing songs celebrating Washington or Jefferson embracing chattel slavery.

I'm not sure why one would want to scrap the Constitution, as we do have an amendment process (as reflected in the Bill of Rights). Chattel slavery was of course abolished via the 13th Amendment (almost one hundred years after the Constitution was drafted). So why would we still want to embrace a song as our national anthem that celebrates slavery? There are many things in our nation's history that are repugnant, but we don't celebrate them. I don't see anyone singing songs celebrating Washington or Jefferson embracing chattel slavery.
When have you EVER heard those verses sang or played? Literally not one single damn person even knows them. As a strong black man, I say we keep the current National Anthem.

As yes, the "it's not part of our national anthem as most people don't sing it" chestnut. LOL

So wouldn't all of you agree to amend our federal law and strip that verse from being part of our national anthem?

I'm not sure why one would scrap the National Anthem, as we only sing/teach the first verse (and truthfully, I'd say less that 2% of people know or even realize there are additional verses). The verse we recite celebrates the flag and it's presence during an important time in our history. It's not like the song is worshiped. The cancelling of historic items/themes/monuments etc is one of the most ridiculous trends being championed today. Instead of trying to erase the sometimes ugly past, wouldn't it be more beneficial to educate folks about how we have worked to correct the wrongs, and continue to make strides so that we continue to make this the greatest nation in the world? Pretending things didn't happen by eliminating them is what children do, we should be better that that. Acknowledging the past for what it was while also acknowledging how things have changed is possible.
And as to Washington and Jefferson, let's not pretend that there aren't people/movements out there that would love nothing more that to do away with the monuments and statues based only on the grievance that they existed in a time where slavery was the norm and were active participants in the practice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT