ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 Basketball Schedule News Per Landon

Chris McLaughlin

Grammar Snob
Staff
Feb 14, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
marshall.rivals.com
https://www.herald-dispatch.com/spo...cle_8adbae2d-6b8e-5283-92f7-ee080b27eec7.html

We will play:
@Notre Dame
@Florida
@Toledo
@Morehead State
Akron
Duquesne
Eastern Kentucky
Will also play these three games but Landon did not specify if they were home or away:
Northern Iowa
Robert Morris
Howard

That makes 10 OOC games and we played 13 this year. Surprised Ohio wasn't listed. If we re-up with them they should play in Huntington in 2019 being that we played in Athens this year.

IMHO, awesome. Playing at an ACC and SEC team is a great test and both games will be on real national TV. Playing a few MACers is playing good nearby teams from a similar level conference. The OVC games are supposed to be tune ups. The Duquesene game we knew about, return from last year.

Assuming the rest are one for ones over time, Northern Iowa seems like a long trip to play a one bid league team We travel enough already. Robert Morris, located 40 miles from the northern panhandle, and Howard, located 50 miles from the eastern panhandle, are smart. MU is a state wide school with students and alumni from every county. Making appearances near the distant parts of the state is good for alumni relations. We also have 1000s of alumni in the DC metro region.

Reactions: Always The Herd
https://www.herald-dispatch.com/spo...cle_8adbae2d-6b8e-5283-92f7-ee080b27eec7.html

We will play:
@Notre Dame
@Florida
@Toledo
@Morehead State
Akron
Duquesne
Eastern Kentucky
Will also play these three games but Landon did not specify if they were home or away:
Northern Iowa
Robert Morris
Howard

That makes 10 OOC games and we played 13 this year. Surprised Ohio wasn't listed. If we re-up with them they should play in Huntington in 2019 being that we played in Athens this year.
Northern Iowa is on the road. It is a part of the new mid major challenge next year like one Toledo game is as well. There will be a return the following year

As for Ohio, the AD wouldn't sign a new contract since he knew they were changing coaches. Now that Boales is in place, I would expect that to continue

Northern Iowa is on the road. It is a part of the new mid major challenge next year like one Toledo game is as well. There will be a return the following year

As for Ohio, the AD wouldn't sign a new contract since he knew they were changing coaches. Now that Boales is in place, I would expect that to continue
I wish we could get NKU on our schedule. I know there's a chance they could fall through the floor once they lose Brannen, but they're close in proximity and gaining some name recognition.

Reactions: The Real SamC
NKU, in athletics and as a school is on the move up. School is growing, in a state and metro region that isn't, adding programs. Really nice arena.

Not about the play, is about the money. Show me the money. I think, according to some stuff I found late last week, he is only making $300,000 per year; sure some bonuses apply as well.

We will play:
@Notre Dame
@Florida
@Toledo
@Morehead State
Akron
Duquesne
Eastern Kentucky
Northern Iowa
Robert Morris
Howard

Thoughts were that earlier this year, Danny wasn't all that enthused on renewing the EKU series,

Bet the last 3 teams, No. Iowa, Robert M., etc., are foes in the Global Tourney, with either Florida or Notre Dame being the "road major" and those 3 to be foes at the CAM. We may even get Morris in the CIT next week.

We need more foes in Virginia, a neighboring state with lots of HS talent; would like to see us get home and home deals with George Mason, in Fairfax County, right outside Washington. Or, perhaps, teams like Richmond or VCU in the state capital; or even another series with JMU, not that far away in Harrisonburg.

Agree that with Boals, a long time Greg White assistant, now in charge at OU that series, hopefully, can and will continue, if not next year,then in 20-21.

Finally, why not try to get games with old So. Con. foes, like we had recently with UTC? With ETSU, UNC-Greensboro, Wofford and Furman all pretty good and in post season play, it sure couldn't hurt our "Net". Again, Johnson City, TN, not a daunting trip; cross the Big Sandy, get on US 23 South, all the way down to Kingsport, then I-26 to JC!! Then, again, we may see the ETSU Bucs in this year's CIT!!

Thoughts were that earlier this year, Danny wasn't all that enthused on renewing the EKU series,

Bet the last 3 teams, No. Iowa, Robert M., etc., are foes in the Global Tourney, with either Florida or Notre Dame being the "road major" and those 3 to be foes at the CAM. We may even get Morris in the CIT next week.

We need more foes in Virginia, a neighboring state with lots of HS talent; would like to see us get home and home deals with George Mason, in Fairfax County, right outside Washington. Or, perhaps, teams like Richmond or VCU in the state capital; or even another series with JMU, not that far away in Harrisonburg.

Agree that with Boals, a long time Greg White assistant, now in charge at OU that series, hopefully, can and will continue, if not next year,then in 20-21.

Finally, why not try to get games with old So. Con. foes, like we had recently with UTC? With ETSU, UNC-Greensboro, Wofford and Furman all pretty good and in post season play, it sure couldn't hurt our "Net". Again, Johnson City, TN, not a daunting trip; cross the Big Sandy, get on US 23 South, all the way down to Kingsport, then I-26 to JC!! Then, again, we may see the ETSU Bucs in this year's CIT!!
Notre Dame and Robert Morris are in the Global event

Notre Dame is the "MONEY GAME" of the Global Classic and Robert Morris is a part of it as well. N. Iowa and Toledo are opponents in a new Mid Major Challange event. Due to that we have a home and home next year with Toledo. We had them already on the schedule for a trip there next year. We asked if they wanted to delay that and just play one time next year, they said no, they would rather play us 2 times next year.
As for EKU and Morehead. Correct, Danny does want to end those series once they are completed.

Reactions: oldeherd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT