ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Football Season

cottrell75

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 22, 2016
So what if we were predicted to win C-USA East? So what if we were predicted to win C-USA? So what if we lost to a bad MTSU team by double digits? So what if the attendance at the FIU game will be outdrawn by Herd basketball games? So what if we lost to Charlotte by double digits? So what if we were the biggest underdog in a bowl game this season? So what if we couldn’t even cover an 18 point spread? .....forgot where I was going with this, it was obviously a wonderful season worthy of another extension.

Yes, we had injuries. Yes, we had poor weather for some games. Yes, we lost key players. You also know what, so does EVERY program in the damn country.

This was about a C to C+ season. Just so disappointing to see us underachieve.
....but, but, but we only lost by 7 to a MWC team that was ranked and got blown out by 31 in their bowl game. Also in before someone comments about how we beat FAU, the conference champion, while also ignoring the fact we lost to MTSU and Charlotte.

Not a "C" in my grade book. Here are my test questions:

1) did you have a winning season and make a bowl? (3 points)
2) did you have a notable OOC win? (1 point each)
3) did you win the east division of CUSA? (3 points)
4) did you win a conference championship? (2 points)
5) did you win your bowl game? (1 point)

By my test we were 3/10 and 30% is an F. Simple fact is that you can not achieve a passing grade unless you win the east except for a year where you have multiple notable OOC wins. That's just in case you end up have a team like FAU be really good and go 12-0 or something, you can still have an acceptable season.

Someone should have told Byron that before he told the team "this is Marshall, we expect to win" that we don't do that anymore. That is a decades old expectation. Hamrick says we should be lucky to have a season like this year. What needs to happen is for everyone to lower expectations.

I also give it a C.

C for Crap.
CraftyFamiliarBushsqueaker-small.gif

So what if we were predicted to win C-USA East? So what if we were predicted to win C-USA? So what if we lost to a bad MTSU team by double digits? So what if the attendance at the FIU game will be outdrawn by Herd basketball games? So what if we lost to Charlotte by double digits? So what if we were the biggest underdog in a bowl game this season? So what if we couldn’t even cover an 18 point spread? .....forgot where I was going with this, it was obviously a wonderful season worthy of another extension.

Yes, we had injuries. Yes, we had poor weather for some games. Yes, we lost key players. You also know what, so does EVERY program in the damn country.
Yes, we did have injuries, poor weather, and we lost key players, just like 100 other teams. But what those other 100 teams had were a QB AND HC.

Reactions: cottrell75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT