ADVERTISEMENT

25 Fastest Shrinking Cities

Damn I’m shocked. I mean what’s not to love. Junkies all over the place, everyone else has some type of lifestyle disease diabetes or heart disease. Terrible healthcare and rampant poverty. No one works a third of the population is on disability.

Very comparable to a shithole third world country.

Damn I’m shocked. I mean what’s not to love. Junkies all over the place, everyone else has some type of lifestyle disease diabetes or heart disease. Terrible healthcare and rampant poverty. No one works a third of the population is on disability.

Ohio is on the list 4 times, so I agree with everything you say about the place. You left out the shitty drivers though...

And the majority of them are deplorables. What a state.

And the majority of them are deplorables. What a state.
you mean, winners. you know, those of the winning party. the party that beat those of you who are still "with her".

how's it feel to be beaten by those you look down your nose at?

Reactions: 19MU88
Those are metro numbers. From 2013 to 2017 Huntington/Ashland Metro has increased from 361,580 to 363,325.

Reactions: GreenDuke
Shocked Huntington isn't on the list. It's an easy target. While we are talking shitty cities, was in Dayton for a tournrament. That is one shit hole town. From what I hear, the city and county have taken over as OD capital of the country. Sad.

Shocked Huntington isn't on the list. It's an easy target. While we are talking shitty cities, was in Dayton for a tournrament. That is one shit hole town. From what I hear, the city and county have taken over as OD capital of the country. Sad.

Just a guess, but since Hurricane/Teays Valley is part of the metro area for Huntington, technically, that is probably why Huntington is not on the list. Putnam county has been growing, and anybody coming from Charleston would deduct from Charleston and only add to Huntington Metro. Reality is it is almost exactly halfway in between both.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
In 2013 the OMB moved Putnam county from the Charleston metro area to the Huntington metro area. If I remember correctly the reasoning was the majority of the Putnam population was in the western part of the county and the majority tended to shop and work in the Huntington area rather than the Charleston area (thanks Huntington Mall).

I talked to an ER doctor from there, he said it was bad. He said he loved it when heart attacks came in, because he could help with those.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Just a guess, but since Hurricane/Teays Valley is part of the metro area for Huntington, technically, that is probably why Huntington is not on the list. Putnam county has been growing, and anybody coming from Charleston would deduct from Charleston and only add to Huntington Metro. Reality is it is almost exactly halfway in between both.

So basically Huntington is still losing population but very slowly and by not as high numbers as before?

I did see in an edition of WV Journal that Huntington is projected to be the largest city in the state by 2021. Not that that is saying a hell of a lot.

Considering Charleston is bleeding out and dying, their mall is a haven for drugs, hoodrats, and general idiocy, it may not be too far fetched of a prediction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT