ADVERTISEMENT

28 bucks for one person at BW3.

You know that going in yet still chose to eat there. Man you just keep making yourself look worse and worse
Hadn't been there in awhile. Thought would report it.

Whar are you? Their marketing manager? I am filling out their review request now.

At Chuys :

I can get chips with two salsas, enchilada, Taco, rice, beans for 10.95 add drink for 3 bucks or.so.

Thefajitas with steak and chicken, rice, beans, chips two salsas ans it was still 6 bucks cheaper. A hell of lot more food.

That stuff at bw3 should 10 bucks lower. You are paying for their atmosphere and the tvs and name. Their wings aren't that good.
My enchilada and chili rellano with refried beans and an avocado salad with corn chips and spicy sauce cost me 6.50 at a mexican restaurant here in Richmond, KY. Not too bad huh? You know nobody is forcing you to pay those prices you are talking about. Find better prices or just dont patronize them anymore. I seldom eat out anyway because it just is not healthy.

My enchilada and chili rellano with refried beans and an avocado salad with corn chips and spicy sauce cost me 6.50 at a mexican restaurant here in Richmond, KY. Not too bad huh? You know nobody is forcing you to pay those prices you are talking about. Find better prices or just dont patronize them anymore. I seldom eat out anyway because it just is not healthy.
That'd a good deal Oldie. We havea couple of Mexican joints around us. I go to them often.

So that $28 includes tax?! Ha! This keeps getting better! If we want to add tax in, then Chuy's is up to $25. So tell us again how BW is so overpriced while Chuy's is not, even though you get an extra appetizer with BW AND an add-on with that appetizer. And it looks like you got screwed, because all BW menus show the soda as $1.99 with an entree, not the $3 something that you were charged.

God, I LOVE when the numerically challenged banker tries doing math.

$12.29 vs. $13.39 = 9% increase
$6.49 vs. $7.99 = 23% increase

$18.78 vs. $21.38 = 13.8% increase

Show us that 30% increase, again.

I was using his stated $28 total versus this total from the 2021 menu of $18.78 plus tax. So about $22 with tax, 22 to 28 is a 27% increase.

Went to a local places this evening. Better deal.

10 wings which equal at least 15 but maye 20 BW3 midget skinny wings. Stromboli for the wife and she can take leftovers to work. One of those homemade Stromboli that is as big a pizza pan. 2 cokes.

$36.15 which includes tax.

That's 15 to 20 wings at bw3 plus the Stromboli which would be at least two meals at BW3. Drinks were cheaper. I would much rather pay 36.15 than 28.22 for what I got at bw3. Their wings at bw3 are tiny. They should be ashamed of selling those sickly wings.

Bw3 is on the suspension list.

I was using his stated $28 total versus this total from the 2021 menu of $18.78 plus tax. So about $22 with tax, 22 to 28 is a 27% increase.

Jesus, you're so lost. You're not comparing apples to apples.

You can't use $18.78 + tax for just the food and compare that to his $28 because his $28 included a DRINK and TAX. HerMan also said that he bought even more (chili topping), which was an additional $.60. So with tax, that's an additional $.65 that needs to be reversed out of his $28 since that wasn't factored into your $18.78. That puts him at $27.35 for the food, drink, and tax (minus the chili topping). But it makes no sense to to calculate tax, because the issue we are discussing is the increase in food costs, not taxes.

The $18.78 you attempted to use needs to have the $2 drink added plus tax. That equals $22.50.

So, at best, even if you illogically add the tax for both, it is a 21% difference. When you logically remove the taxes, it is under 20%.

Went to a local places this evening. Better deal.

10 wings which equal at least 15 but maye 20 BW3 midget skinny wings. Stromboli for the wife and she can take leftovers to work. One of those homemade Stromboli that is as big a pizza pan. 2 cokes.

$36.15 which includes tax.

That's 15 to 20 wings at bw3 plus the Stromboli which would be at least two meals at BW3. Drinks were cheaper. I would much rather pay 36.15 than 28.22 for what I got at bw3. Their wings at bw3 are tiny. They should be ashamed of selling those sickly wings.

Bw3 is on the suspension list.

This discussion wasn't about which restaurants give you more food. The discussion was your claim that for an entree salad with buffalo chicken, an appetizer (with add-on), a refillable soda, and tax, that $28 was unreasonable at a casual restaurant.

This discussion wasn't about which restaurants give you more food. The discussion was your claim that for an entree salad with buffalo chicken, an appetizer (with add-on), a refillable soda, and tax, that $28 was unreasonable at a casual restaurant.
It is unreasonable. I am not going back. If I do I will just order a cheeseburger.

Let me guess, this "Mexican restaurant" is your local MCL?

There is no amount of savings that is worth having to be in Richmond, Kentucky.
Well rifle I have been all over did so many things in my life and lived in 14 states . I retired early at the age of 54 and have been to so many national parks including Yellowstone 14 times. I am 83 years old now and cant drive anymore and I have settled down here because my youngest daughter lives here and she can do errands for me and take me where I want to go. Wish I could do all the things I used to do but those days are gone. The memories are still great though. Glad you are able to do the great things you do now.

I am not going to stop giving my restaurant reviews, 429. Trying to save some people here some money and time.

I'll never go back. Remember when I went in one last month and they didn't have any wings. How does that happen? It's like the local chink joint not having any cats. Ended up eating tacos at the chicken wing joint.
The guy at the local place i mentioned in this thread told me it was because places like BW3 serve this scrawny ass chicken wings. BW3 doesn't want the bigger chicken wings with some meat on them. So, BW3 ran out of those scrawny ass chicken wings. They could get the premium or better wings, but they didn't want to pay for them. For what their cost they should have been serving a 6 oz File Mignon.

You ever paid attention to the size of their chicken wings? What kind of chickens are those? The ones right went they hatch out of the egg?

frankly, anybody that goes to BW3's expecting a decent meal and decent prices is out of their mind. did a grandkid slip you an edible or two and you had a case of the munchies, or what?

speaking of edibles, my son's friend gave his dad an edible over the weekend. said his dad was giving him hell about something one minute then was admiring the elephants outside the next (it was cows). told my son that those weren't thc edibles, they had to have been shrooms.

• Haha
Reactions: i am herdman
Well rifle I have been all over did so many things in my life and lived in 14 states . I retired early at the age of 54 and have been to so many national parks including Yellowstone 14 times. I am 83 years old now and cant drive anymore and I have settled down here because my youngest daughter lives here and she can do errands for me and take me where I want to go. Wish I could do all the things I used to do but those days are gone. The memories are still great though. Glad you are able to do the great things you do now.
Understandable. 83 is young to a lot of people. It’s a mindset. I bet if you got out to Yellowstone again, you’d get that spark and would be able to start doing the things that you used to.

I pay the America the Beautiful pass each year since I love national parks. Went to Joshua Tree a few months ago and was underwhelmed. Need to get to Yosemite.

Big Bend and Yellowstone (been four or five times) have been my two favorite.

Understandable. 83 is young to a lot of people. It’s a mindset. I bet if you got out to Yellowstone again, you’d get that spark and would be able to start doing the things that you used to.

I pay the America the Beautiful pass each year since I love national parks. Went to Joshua Tree a few months ago and was underwhelmed. Need to get to Yosemite.

I have been to Yosemite a couple of times and it is more interesting if you go above the main part of it down where the lodging is. Yellowstone is by far my favorite and also Jackson Hole I took in when I went to Yellowstone all those times. Wish I could go back but my back isnt in good shape anymore.

I have been to Yosemite a couple of times and it is more interesting if you go above the main part of it down where the lodging is. Yellowstone is by far my favorite and also Jackson Hole I took in when I went to Yellowstone all those times. Wish I could go back but my back isnt in good shape anymore.
Have you met my romantic relationship advisor, @greengeezer ? He once met a woman in a greenhouse who was so good with her hands that she was able to pop his back, among other things. He may have somebody in Richmond for you.

Jesus, you're so lost. You're not comparing apples to apples.

You can't use $18.78 + tax for just the food and compare that to his $28 because his $28 included a DRINK and TAX. HerMan also said that he bought even more (chili topping), which was an additional $.60. So with tax, that's an additional $.65 that needs to be reversed out of his $28 since that wasn't factored into your $18.78. That puts him at $27.35 for the food, drink, and tax (minus the chili topping). But it makes no sense to to calculate tax, because the issue we are discussing is the increase in food costs, not taxes.

The $18.78 you attempted to use needs to have the $2 drink added plus tax. That equals $22.50.

So, at best, even if you illogically add the tax for both, it is a 21% difference. When you logically remove the taxes, it is under 20%.

Go back and read my post with the menu, I included the drink. The total was 20 and change. 7% tax makes it $22. You are the moron that thinks the drink was left out, unless you think food tax is 22%. Idiot.

Reactions: 19MU88
Go back and read my post with the menu, I included the drink. The total was 20 and change. 7% tax makes it $22. You are the moron that thinks the drink was left out, unless you think food tax is 22%. Idiot.
But he thinks he's clever 😂😂😂

Go back and read my post with the menu, I included the drink. The total was 20 and change. 7% tax makes it $22. .
And you round down with everything when it works in your favor. It’s either dishonesty or stupidity, just like your attempt to use tax when debating the cost of food increasing.

You are the moron that thinks the drink was left out, unless you think food tax is 22%. Idiot.
I don’t think it’s 22%. Want to know why? Because HerMan gave the exact tax amount, yet you still shortchanged that and did a lower amount because it worked for your argument. Dishonesty or stupidity? You choose.

It’s one thing to be bad at math. It’s another to be mad at math and reading comprehension. Go back, read what he said tax was, readjust your numbers (again), and then apologize.

Have you met my romantic relationship advisor, @greengeezer ? He once met a woman in a greenhouse who was so good with her hands that she was able to pop his back, among other things. He may have somebody in Richmond for you.
I have a cracked disc in my spine so I cant be popping my back but thanks for the suggestion. I can only hope it heals back up. It is getting better but still hurts a lot when I am not sitting or laying down.

I just had BW3 for lunch yesterday. They have a lunch special 10 boneless wings, fries and drink for $10. That seemed fair to me.

Always wanted to visit Yellowstone, but don't want to deal with the crowds. Any areas or time of year you'd recommend to avoid them?

Always wanted to visit Yellowstone, but don't want to deal with the crowds. Any areas or time of year you'd recommend to avoid them?
September. Kids are in school, field trips haven’t started yet, not too cold there yet, and the animals haven’t hibernated yet. The first time that I went, it was before I went to the Boise game, and I was still living in Texas. Even when I moved a few hours away to Utah, I still think the first trip was the best timing.

But it’s huge. You could spend all day (or two) driving the different areas. Definitely target what you want to see (animals are aplenty in certain regions and scarce in others).

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Yellowstone is a must go to place. There are may areas where you can hike but do not go alone because of wild animals including grizzly bears. I dont mind the crowds because everyone is pretty laid back there. There are many wide open areas and lots of things to do and see. Yellowstone is a whole different world . If you like the outdoors you will love it. Best place by far I have ever been. I have always gone in the warmer months as that is when most of the park is open and it is not so cold. If you like to snowmobile some do that in the winter. I have been there 14 times for a month at a time anytime from April thru September. One summer in 1998 I spent the whole summer there.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThunderCat98
Yellowstone is a must go to place. There are may areas where you can hike but do not go alone because of wild animals including grizzly bears.
beth-dutton-yellowstone.gif

September. Kids are in school, field trips haven’t started yet, not too cold there yet, and the animals haven’t hibernated yet. The first time that I went, it was before I went to the Boise game, and I was still living in Texas. Even when I moved a few hours away to Utah, I still think the first trip was the best timing.

But it’s huge. You could spend all day (or two) driving the different areas. Definitely target what you want to see (animals are aplenty in certain regions and scarce in others).

Like rifle said, September-October is the best time. Weather is still great. Less crowds and most importantly it's time for the elk rut. The elk herds are very active that time of year. You will get to hear the bull elk bugle.

Like rifle said, September-October is the best time. Weather is still great. Less crowds and most importantly it's time for the elk rut. The elk herds are very active that time of year. You will get to hear the bull elk bugle.
I might add be careful of the bull elk in September when they are rutting because they are more dangerous now and can attack you if you get to close to where they are rutting. I once saw one almost ram a car that was a little in front of me . It was rather shocking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT