ADVERTISEMENT

5 hrs from Myrtle Beach

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
First time going there in 15 yrs. My grandson is my side kick. Our balcony is 200 square foot. Room has 3 bedrooms and a kitchen and living room. 5 nights for 4000. We are paying 1800 for 5 nights. Anyway I'm not sure about the price because My daughter wanted 300 from me and her mom. Thousand bucks to spend. 200 a day. Going to go fishing. Going to ride some waves.Rainy days We will go to the theater. Gonna eat alot of steaks and shrimp. Not having Mom is like a dark cloud hovering over me. My fun is seeing mom having fun. I'm trying to get in the mood. We rented a dodge caravan. 6 of us but have plenty of room. Will want to see some live bands. A lot of bands in myrtle beach this weekend. Just curious after 15 yrs I am hoping its A lot nicer. Grandson wants to take a helicopter ride. Check in later. Take care of rifle. He is a son of marshall

sisters - have a great time. You will enjoy watching your g-son having fun! Sons of Marshall are a unique set of folks....Go Herd!!!

First time going there in 15 yrs. My grandson is my side kick. Our balcony is 200 square foot. Room has 3 bedrooms and a kitchen and living room. 5 nights for 4000. We are paying 1800 for 5 nights. Anyway I'm not sure about the price because My daughter wanted 300 from me and her mom. Thousand bucks to spend. 200 a day. Going to go fishing. Going to ride some waves.Rainy days We will go to the theater. Gonna eat alot of steaks and shrimp. Not having Mom is like a dark cloud hovering over me. My fun is seeing mom having fun. I'm trying to get in the mood. We rented a dodge caravan. 6 of us but have plenty of room. Will want to see some live bands. A lot of bands in myrtle beach this weekend. Just curious after 15 yrs I am hoping its A lot nicer. Grandson wants to take a helicopter ride. Check in later. Take care of rifle. He is a son of marshall

Holy Shit Sisters.....you need to move to Charlotte (only 3 hours away from MB)...then you can join the West Virginians that settled here because we ran out of gasoline in Charlotte on our way from the Mountain State to Myrtle Beach. I HERD that comment a million times since settling in Charlotte in 1977.

Rifle? I HERD he gotten eaten by a great White Shark at MB last week!

Enjoy yourself with FAMILY and don't go out too far in the Ocean......those SHARKS love Kentucky meat.

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney) in Charlotte

Reactions: 19MU88
MB becoming a high-crime area, especially after dark due to some very dangerous locals...local media
guilty of under reporting all the argy-bargy so as not to scare off money-spending tourists.

I'm not a MB expert, but I've driven through there a couple of times (one during black bike week) and stayed one night there on two separate occasions.

I get the redneck riviera comments, etc. But a little rationality needs to be used. Large beach/tourist areas bring in a bit of a rogue element, especially those in nicer weather areas where homeless can spend all year.

Look at the most visited beaches in the U.S.: Daytona Beach, Huntington Beach, Ocean City, Panama City Beach, Virginia Beach, Myrtle Beach, Honolulu, Miami Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic City/Jersey Shore, Newport Beach . . .

Every single one of those has an issue with high petty crime (property damage, vehicle break-ins, drugs, prostitution, etc.), especially in the high-traffic areas. Yet in almost all of those, you can go simply a few miles away from those areas and have beautiful and safe beach areas:

Daytona Beach - Daytona Beach Shores/Ormond Beach
Myrtle Beach - North Myrtle
Miami Beach - North Beach, Surfside Beach
Jacksonville Beach - Ponte Vedra, Amelia, Fernandina
Panama City Beach - Laguna, Rosemary, Seaside

I stayed a night at the Marriott Resort & Spa at Grand Dunes in North Myrtle, and it was a great hotel on a beautiful stretch of quiet, mostly residential beach area.

I know you all refuse to vacation anywhere other than the beachside mansion in the Caymans, but claiming that all of Myrtle is a dangerous shithole is a disservice to reality.

I'm not a MB expert, but I've driven through there a couple of times (one during black bike week) and stayed one night there on two separate occasions.

I get the redneck riviera comments, etc. But a little rationality needs to be used. Large beach/tourist areas bring in a bit of a rogue element, especially those in nicer weather areas where homeless can spend all year.

Look at the most visited beaches in the U.S.: Daytona Beach, Huntington Beach, Ocean City, Panama City Beach, Virginia Beach, Myrtle Beach, Honolulu, Miami Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic City/Jersey Shore, Newport Beach . . .

Every single one of those has an issue with high petty crime (property damage, vehicle break-ins, drugs, prostitution, etc.), especially in the high-traffic areas. Yet in almost all of those, you can go simply a few miles away from those areas and have beautiful and safe beach areas:

I stayed a night at the Marriott Resort & Spa at Grand Dunes in North Myrtle, and it was a great hotel on a beautiful stretch of quiet, mostly residential beach area.

I know you all refuse to vacation anywhere other than the beachside mansion in the Caymans, but claiming that all of Myrtle is a dangerous shithole is a disservice to reality.

I was actually in Seaside in late July. Great place, as is Rosemary.

I live an hour up the coast from MB. But it is part of my sales territory. As stated above yes they do not report much of the crime there. And missing teens seem to be an issue there too. But most of WV seems to vacation there and must enjoy it as they seem to always go back. Try the Brunswick Beaches sometime for some relaxing beach time! Go Herd!

I live an hour up the coast from MB. But it is part of my sales territory. As stated above yes they do not report much of the crime there. And missing teens seem to be an issue there too. But most of WV seems to vacation there and must enjoy it as they seem to always go back. Try the Brunswick Beaches sometime for some relaxing beach time! Go Herd!
Wilmington has it's own issues as well. Just like any other place. So does any other beach town.

Just like any other area there are places to not stay. Stay north or south in myrtle you are fine. North myrtle beach, cherry grove, little river and the north Carolina barrier islands are fine. Surfside beach, garden city, Litchfield beach, and pawleys island are fantastic. Murrells inlet is incredible

Lumping all that into myrtle is not a fair judgment. The bad parts of myrtle are in the old downtown part of myrtle.

Last edited:
You aren't missing anything. We go to Sandbridge Beach instead which is just outside of VA Beach. Much less crowded and you see way less WVU fans. And it's nice. I'll never go back to Myrle.

I agree. Far better beaches and areas to visit.

Sisters, I hope you have a good time.

Holy Shit Sisters.....you need to move to Charlotte (only 3 hours away from MB)...then you can join the West Virginians that settled here because we ran out of gasoline in Charlotte on our way from the Mountain State to Myrtle Beach. I HERD that comment a million times since settling in Charlotte in 1977.

Rifle? I HERD he gotten eaten by a great White Shark at MB last week!

Enjoy yourself with FAMILY and don't go out too far in the Ocean......those SHARKS love Kentucky meat.

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney) in Charlotte

did the shark get herpes?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I just got back from there, my youngest son transferred from a 3A school to a 5A school(Conway High School) for his sophomore year. He made the varsity, but they were only going to play him on special teams so he talked the coaches into letting him play on JV....they can pull him up at any time, and especially after the JV season(only 6 games scheduled). He's a 6 foot, 184 pound slot receiver and safety....I'm hoping to get him up to our prospect/Elite camp next summer.

AGREE 100% with your comments. When in MB...stay NORTH away from the southern part....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Wilmington, NC is a great city on the Coast.
You can drive south to MB in about an hour for some entertaining night life at OD (shag bars====Ducks & Fat Harolds)

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Just sold our 2nd home in Garden City (south end of the Myrtle strand) when we sold out in WV too as we moved to Florida. There isn’t, in my opinion, a nicer place to stay than the family oriented beaches in the area there. Stay away from downtown Myrtle and you’ll love it. The only reason we moved out was that our family moved to Florida for work opportunities.

I just got back from there, my youngest son transferred from a 3A school to a 5A school(Conway High School) for his sophomore year. He made the varsity, but they were only going to play him on special teams so he talked the coaches into letting him play on JV....they can pull him up at any time, and especially after the JV season(only 6 games scheduled). He's a 6 foot, 184 pound slot receiver and safety....I'm hoping to get him up to our prospect/Elite camp next summer.
I have a nice green t-shirt I need to send to your son.

Just sold our 2nd home in Garden City (south end of the Myrtle strand) when we sold out in WV too as we moved to Florida. There isn’t, in my opinion, a nicer place to stay than the family oriented beaches in the area there. Stay away from downtown Myrtle and you’ll love it. The only reason we moved out was that our family moved to Florida for work opportunities.
off topic. but aren't you one of the guys with a nice herd mini helmet collection?

I have a nice green t-shirt I need to send to your son.
He has a few....but honestly has outgrown them over the last year. He's a slot receiver on offense and a safety on defense. He's been lifting for about a year now and is benching 225...which is pretty good for his positions and just going into his sophomore year. I'd love for him to end up at Marshall, but will be happy wherever he ends up. My oldest son is a freshman OL at Wofford, but I'm thinking little brother goes FBS instead of FCS.

He has a few....but honestly has outgrown them over the last year. He's a slot receiver on offense and a safety on defense. He's been lifting for about a year now and is benching 225...which is pretty good for his positions and just going into his sophomore year. I'd love for him to end up at Marshall, but will be happy wherever he ends up. My oldest son is a freshman OL at Wofford, but I'm thinking little brother goes FBS instead of FCS.
Great to hear about the sons... & best of luck on all fronts.

Have fun. I am the only WVian to have never been to MB. I have been to 10 foreign countries and 44 states but not MB
I think we have been through there twice but never stayed. I didn't see anything great about it. I (for one) do not want to be on a beach and feel like I am in a "can of sardines".

He may be. I think I've got them all as well.
I pretty much do too. I just recall refiner having a couple more. I just did the one silver helmet from 50s. They were all almost identical with some stripe variations. After that I have them all. One problem I have is the recent young thundering herd helmet with 75 on the back that we recently wore. The green decals are not kelly

I pretty much do too. I just recall refiner having a couple more. I just did the one silver helmet from 50s. They were all almost identical with some stripe variations. After that I have them all. One problem I have is the recent young thundering herd helmet with 75 on the back that we recently wore. The green decals are not kelly

I have the following seasons: One day, I'll figure out how to post some pics.

39-42 (is there 43-46 or none due to WWII)?
47-48
49-52
53-55
56-58
59-61 (62???)
63-64
65 Early Season (Bison Head)
65 Solid Green
65 Full Bison Image
66-67 (68???)
72-74
77-82
84-85
86-88
90-92
93 - Current
08-09 (Green w/white M)
Military Bowl (Flag & 75)
Special 75 & M

When I get back in town I’ll do a little inventory. I’m thinking I am close to your #

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT