ADVERTISEMENT

7-3 Can we win the next two?

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
Well, we beat a good team last night by 21. We got Obi back and he was a game changer for us. Outside of a slow start a pretty solid game for the Herd IMO. IG managed the game well, Knox was Knox and the Defense did their job. We are exactly where I thought we would be at this point in the year. I think we win the next 2 and play for a conference title. Are we an elite team? No, but I think we are better than some of you think. I am trying to enjoy the season and celebrate every win. I like Cramsey as he has added several new wrinkles this year. He has also made adjustments and adapted to the players we have on the field. Last night with Obi we played more down field that we did against Rice with our 3 TE sets. Defensive Coordinator Lambert is doing a solid job IMO of finding ways for our undersized defense to make plays. Strap yourselves in guys it;s going to be a fun ride the rest of the way. Go Herd!

In my opinion, La Tech is a very good team, and there's nothing misleading about their record going into last night's game.

They gave us more than we wanted and that's with their 2nd string QB and eventually their freaking 3rd string QB. Both of those backups are solid.

Getting Obi back made a huge improvement. At least that can take heat off our other WR's so they can get separation, since I'm positive Obi is going to be double and triple covered for the rest of the season.

Reactions: ohio herd
Well, we beat a good team last night by 21. We got Obi back and he was a game changer for us. Outside of a slow start a pretty solid game for the Herd IMO. IG managed the game well, Knox was Knox and the Defense did their job. We are exactly where I thought we would be at this point in the year. I think we win the next 2 and play for a conference title. Are we an elite team? No, but I think we are better than some of you think. I am trying to enjoy the season and celebrate every win. I like Cramsey as he has added several new wrinkles this year. He has also made adjustments and adapted to the players we have on the field. Last night with Obi we played more down field that we did against Rice with our 3 TE sets. Defensive Coordinator Lambert is doing a solid job IMO of finding ways for our undersized defense to make plays. Strap yourselves in guys it;s going to be a fun ride the rest of the way. Go Herd!

It was about as good of a game as you could realistically ask for from this team.

According to Chuck McGill's article,

'Louisiana Tech entered Friday's game tops in Conference USA in scoring offense and total offense, but the Herd held the Bulldogs to a season-low 261 yards of total offense. While Marshall gained 405 yards – 213 passing and 192 rushing – LA Tech managed 194 passing yards and 67 rushing yards.'

Reactions: ohio herd
If the team that showed up last night plays the next 2 games we will have no problem. If the team that played Cincinnati, WKU, Rice and ODU shows up we could lose both of them. I’m banking on the team that showed up last night plays the last 2 games and we will win the East and host the CUSA championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT