ADVERTISEMENT

About 15 D1 coaches…..

Platinum Buffalo
Jun 1, 2002
…..has started following Tyson Bagent on Twitter after having his great performances the last two weeks(yesterday’s was on ESPN) in case he inters the transfer portal. One of those is Clint Trickett. Also after watching yesterday’s Stare Championship game Martinsburg High is loaded with Talent( their two best players were hurt yesterday).

Reactions: Catfanatic1979v1
…..has started following Tyson Bagent on Twitter after having his great performances the last two weeks(yesterday’s was on ESPN) in case he inters the transfer portal. One of those is Clint Trickett. Also after watching yesterday’s Stare Championship game Martinsburg High is loaded with Talent( their two best players were hurt yesterday).

Awesome.

I bet Nick Saban is in a private jet to Martinsburg. He wanted to see so much talent.
I know Trickett is talking to some of Martinsburgs kids. Tailback committed to Miami(oh), outside linebacker is 6-2, 215 lbs they said on TV Marshall has offered(grades my be a problem), understand Hudson Clement is at WVU today visiting and his brother is better then Hudson. So before you make fun that team play an out of state schedule and won a state title without two of there best players.

btw, late I. The game Martinsburg but in there 6-2, 230 lb tailback Eric Green.

I know Trickett is talking to some of Martinsburgs kids. Tailback committed to Miami(oh), outside linebacker is 6-2, 215 lbs they said on TV Marshall has offered(grades my be a problem), understand Hudson Clement is at WVU today visiting and his brother is better then Hudson. So before you make fun that team play an out of state schedule and won a state title without two of there best players.

btw, late I. The game Martinsburg but in there 6-2, 230 lb tailback Eric Green.
I am not making fun of Martinsburg.

Reactions: 5150
That is definitely a high school to raid.
Doc and the Martinsburg coach never got along. I heard a story recently that when Dave Walker took over the Concord job he started recruiting Marshalls walkon candidates and non-qualifier kids. He knew he was not going to our recruit Marshall but did it to get under Docs skin. I don’t think there was any loved lost between those two. Marshall needed a reset with Martinsburg High that’s for sure.

The biggest miss was Juwan Green now in the NFL. Perfect Marshall recruit. Dad played at Md, kid only played one yr of high school football (was a hoops player). Should have been brought in on potential.

giphy.gif

Doc and the Martinsburg coach never got along. I heard a story recently that when Dave Walker took over the Concord job he started recruiting Marshalls walkon candidates and non-qualifier kids. He knew he was not going to our recruit Marshall but did it to get under Docs skin. I don’t think there was any loved lost between those two. Marshall needed a reset with Martinsburg High that’s for sure.

The biggest miss was Juwan Green now in the NFL. Perfect Marshall recruit. Dad played at Md, kid only played one yr of high school football (was a hoops player). Should have been brought in on potential.
He played at Albany so ever school on our level missed on him. I'm all for recruiting in-state, but the Eastern Panhandle is several hours away and isn't this enormous recruiting hotbed.

A lot of former Martinsburg players have gone on, during the school's great run in WV high school play, to have some good careers at D2 schools, like Shepherd. Some have played at WVU and did OK. Good for them!

Doesn't mean it is a big hot bed for quality D1 players year in and year out! I would say as many, if not more, quality D1 players during the same time period have come out of Spring Valley down in West Huntington area. Heck, almost every year there are some D1 players who come out of the upper Ohio Valley area, Wheeling, etc. In the past the Herd use to get players from that area, around New Martinsville on up to Weirton, etc. A few players from that area today may end up going to MAC schools, like Miami, or others, Akron, Kent, etc., due to PROXIMITY!. Perhaps a player or two who could play at the G5 level have come out of Martinsburg but preferred to go to nearby Shepherd, or other close by D2 schools in Maryland and PA, mainly to be CLOSE TO Home, rather than make the long, 7-8 hour trip to Huntington, to play for MU!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT