ADVERTISEMENT

About that headset:

A couple years ago I was at a Media Day, in line to get my family's picture made with Doc - me, my wife, and our (at the time) two year old twins. Because of their age, I had to hold them while we waited, but there was only about ten people in front of me waiting to get pics with Doc.

Finally, I get to the front of the line, I'm next, looking right at Doc, when someone he knows walks over. They proceed to have a pleasant conversation for about ten minutes while I stand there, holding these squirming bags of potatoes. I keep waiting for the dude to give me the damn photo op so I can get out of there, but then I realize that he's actually trying to wait me out, to see if I'll give up.

Their conversation ends, Doc looks at me and my wife, turns to the AD staffer that was standing behind him, and walks right back into the Shewey. I kind of gave him a "Doc, please..." and he turns around and comes back out for one picture.

Marshall didn't hire Doc Holliday to be a good person, they hired him to win important football games, and maybe some day, he'll do that. Until then, I will always have my awkward picture of Doc looking like he wants to die, standing in between me and my wife, looking like we want to kill him.

I think he may have a touch of Amish in him. He may think the camera steals his soul. Seriously though. You ever see some of the pictures he takes on official in-home visits with recruits? He literally looks like he hates life. He may have social anxiety. One big thing I have always noticed about Doc. You never see his personal life. He's been here 10 years and I don't know what his wife's name is or even what she looks like. Just about every coach I can think of their wives are involved in some capacity. I mean Pruett and his wife did a commercial together and he referenced her a lot. We saw Snyder's family. I've never even heard him thank her. I know he has a son, but you never hear about him. Heck the man can't even tell people what his favorite music is. Doc is a complete fish out of water in social settings.

Last edited:
I think he may have a touch of Amish in him. He may think the camera steals his soul. Seriously though. You ever see some of the pictures he takes on official in-home visits with recruits? He literally looks like he hates life. He may have social anxiety. One big thing I have always noticed about Doc. You never see his personal life. He's been here 10 years and I don't know what his wife's name is or even if she looks like. Just about every coach I can think of their wives are involved in some capacity. I mean Pruett and his wife did a commercial together and he referenced her a lot. We saw Snyder's family. I've never even heard him thank her. I know he has a son, but you never hear about him. Heck the man can't even tell people what his favorite music is. Doc is a complete fish out of water in social settings.

Ahem...(cough, cough) I'll respond to this for the Waterboy @Aaron Perkins

FineDizzyAnkolewatusi-small.gif

I know he has a son, but you never hear about him

His son lived here in Raleigh at one time. (Not sure if he is still here). By a random chance, we were introduced to each other through a mutual acquaintance who had no idea of a "Marshall connection". After he learned I was a Marshall guy, we hung out at a couple different social events and would occasionally see each other at a gym. He seemed to be a really nice guy. When we ended up talking about Marshall football, I think he could sense I never really was a fan of his dad's style of play/coaching.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT