ADVERTISEMENT

Americas favorite grocery store:

Kroger stores have the same things as Wegmans

Some do. I just looked this up: Wegmans has 98 stores, Kroger has 2,764. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Kroger has at least 98 stores that have all the kinds of shit Wegmans does.

Kroger is a HUGE company. Here's some facts I just learned: Kroger is the #2 retailer in the nation (behind Walmart), the fifth largest retailer in the world, and the 17th largest corporation in the nation. Shit, their store in Shelbyville KY has a jewelry store. I don't mean like Walmart, I mean like $5k rings and shit. I know that isn't Kobe and Jay-Z levels of rings, but still. Apparently Kroger owns 253 jewelry stores.

Are there "ghetto Kroger"s? Of course! That's why that phrase also exists. And that's a good thing! Less affluent parts of town need grocery stores, too. And some are just smaller stores that don't have as much selection as Gucci or Regular Kroger, but maybe they are more convenient to just pop in ( we have one of those nearby, plus a Regular and a Gucci). Gucci Kroger has giant, wide aisles as well, so you would be happy there.

I once bought a pair of New Balance shoes at Gucci Kroger. That's smart marketing to white people right there.

45 minutes to grocery shop? Fvck that. I can get a week's worth of food in 15 minutes. I did spend 10 minutes looking at craft beer at my daughter's local Gucci Kroger. I swear they have about 500 varieties of beer. I picked up some sixers of stuff that isn't sold in Indiana.

Reactions: ohio herd
true black. My sons are all college age now. However we never would have went to the store and dropped them off in daycare so we could shop and save 15 minutes LOL. Crap getting them settled in would take 15 minutes. That's why you have a wife.The two of you make a team. Either she does the grocery gig or you do it when the kids are little. Maybe you can have grandma over so you can go together.Taking the boys to Kroger was always an adventure when they were little.

You ever been to the Kroghetto in Bexley? It is the most bizarre location for a Kroger. It has customers which range from rich old Jewish lady wearing real fur, to ghetto thugs walking in with their pants hanging down below their ass, and these are guys you don't want to mess with.

Last edited:
You ever been to the Kroghetto in Bexley? It is the most bizarre location for a Kroger. It has customers which range from rich old lady Jewish lady wearing real fur, to ghetto thugs walking in with their pants hanging down below their ass, and these are guys you don't want to mess with.
No, I am only in Columbus about one day per week at Riverside. I do find Bexley to be an interesting area . It seems to me that is where two cultures collide.

Some do. I just looked this up: Wegmans has 98 stores, Kroger has 2,764. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Kroger has at least 98 stores that have all the kinds of shit Wegmans does.

Kroger is a HUGE company. Here's some facts I just learned: Kroger is the #2 retailer in the nation (behind Walmart), the fifth largest retailer in the world, and the 17th largest corporation in the nation. Shit, their store in Shelbyville KY has a jewelry store. I don't mean like Walmart, I mean like $5k rings and shit. I know that isn't Kobe and Jay-Z levels of rings, but still. Apparently Kroger owns 253 jewelry stores.

Are there "ghetto Kroger"s? Of course! That's why that phrase also exists. And that's a good thing! Less affluent parts of town need grocery stores, too. And some are just smaller stores that don't have as much selection as Gucci or Regular Kroger, but maybe they are more convenient to just pop in ( we have one of those nearby, plus a Regular and a Gucci). Gucci Kroger has giant, wide aisles as well, so you would be happy there.

I once bought a pair of New Balance shoes at Gucci Kroger. That's smart marketing to white people right there.

45 minutes to grocery shop? Fvck that. I can get a week's worth of food in 15 minutes. I did spend 10 minutes looking at craft beer at my daughter's local Gucci Kroger. I swear they have about 500 varieties of beer. I picked up some sixers of stuff that isn't sold in Indiana.
Kroger also owns Harris Teeter. Don't know if that is their total store count. But, they bought Harris Teeter where I live and closed all the Krogers and/or converted them to Harris Teeter.

Maple Fork Rd dumbass not Mt. Hope and I never lived in Sophia. Aren’t you and Gary Sweeney from the same hometown?
No, you and Gary went to Mt. Hope. My wife just told me she wants to do the grocery shopping on Saturday afternoon. Do you happen to have any outstanding advice to give her, in order to optimize her shopping experience? I think she'll likely to go Horrocks's Farm Market, while I'll be sitting patiently at Horrocks's 30 tap Tavern.

Thread is still going you ignorant fvcking hilljack
yeah, and i've lost what little respeck i had for damn near everybody that's posted. damn, how pathetic is it for a bunch of grown ass men to argue about which damn grocery store is the best. i realize i'm a hillbilly from the sticks without all these precious grocery store options, but i actually have made it out of the holler once or twice in my life and to a ritzy grocery store like these faggits are argeeing over, probly because we were somewhere on vacation and staying in a condo or something and ate in, and i can guaran-damn-tee you i didn't pop a boner when walking into one of these places.

gay_thread.gif

ENGLISH MOTHERFVCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

This thread is worthy, because we are telling Rifle his fancy New York can go suck one. This should be something all of us rednecks can agree on.
look at this wannabe uppity faggit attempting to release his redneck roots and go all city pertending he doesn't comprehend the lingo. get the fvck outta here with that shit.

oh, and agreed.

This thread is worthy, because we are telling Rifle his fancy New York can go suck one. This should be something all of us rednecks can agree on.
Yep, while making fun of a WV holler dwelling hick who moved to N.E., for being a braggert about a damn grocery store chain. Redneck wants to fit in so badly with those Yankee snub noses, that he's even dropping the 'r' when he prounounces his words.

yeah, and i've lost what little respeck i had for damn near everybody that's posted. damn, how pathetic is it for a bunch of grown ass men to argue about which damn grocery store is the best. i realize i'm a hillbilly from the sticks without all these precious grocery store options, but i actually have made it out of the holler once or twice in my life and to a ritzy grocery store like these faggits are argeeing over, probly because we were somewhere on vacation and staying in a condo or something and ate in, and i can guaran-damn-tee you i didn't pop a boner when walking into one of these places.
i agree who cares about ****ing grocery stores

Most of us rednecks will agree but you will never knock Marine off Rifles nut sack

Reactions: ThunderCat98
No, you and Gary went to Mt. Hope. My wife just told me she wants to do the grocery shopping on Saturday afternoon. Do you happen to have any outstanding advice to give her, in order to optimize her shopping experience? I think she'll likely to go Horrocks's Farm Market, while I'll be sitting patiently at Horrocks's 30 tap Tavern.

Yes, tell her to stand in the freezer aisle until her nipples harden up.

Yeh Krogers is so bad. That is why they had 105 billion in sales in 2017. Wegmans had 9 billion.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/197899/2010-sales-of-supermarket-chains-in-the-us/

This wins the dumbest argument of the month award. Sorry, BC, you've finally been outdone.

Just because you grew up without a father doesn't mean you have to act like it.

You tried this failed attempt about a week ago, and it blew up in your face just like your dream of having any type of successful future. My dad coached my baseball teams until I was 12 and went to high school baseball. My dad coached my hockey teams from age 5 - 12. It is the same dad, who along with my mom, took me to Disney World for the first 12 years of my life. Unlike you, he loved his children enough to make them happy and provide quality development opportunities without caring if we would remember those specific incidents when we were older. I know it hurts that your selfish parenting was exposed and that other parents clearly love their children more than you love your own.

Families sure as fvck don't go to hang out at grocery stores. In fact, they spend as little time there as possible. Just because you're a loser without a wife and kids at the age of 40, and you hang out at grocery stores for a good time, that doesn't mean anyone else likes to do the same.

I can't dumb this down any more for you. When parent(s) are shopping, it takes a lot longer if you have kids tagging along with you. As a result, you can throw them in the childcare center, a spouse can sit down for a drink and snack, etc. Doing those things speeds up the shopping process, moron. It doesn't mean they spend more time there. It's the complete opposite.

Just because you're a loser without a wife and kids at the age of 40,

But you keep doing it. Hell, maybe you'll finally meet someone there who can tolerate you enough to get married, then you'll see how much your life changes.

If my standards for a wife were as severely low as yours, I'd have about 170 million choices of suitable wives in this country alone.

Crap getting them settled in would take 15 minutes.

Sounds like you did a poor job disciplining your children and teaching them how to act appropriately. 15 minutes to get them "settled in"? What kind of animals did you raise?

However we never would have went to the store and dropped them off in daycare so we could shop and save 15 minutes LOL.

Well, that just went against everyone else who claimed their goal was to get in and out as fast as possible. Then, again, those people are the ones who haven't been successful enough in life to be able to have time on their side. They slave away working for other people so that they can put food on the table and take their kids to Disney (well, except for Black who refuses to provide happiness and learning opportunities for his children until they are old enough to have vivid memories of it a decade later).

45 minutes to grocery shop? Fvck that. I can get a week's worth of food in 15 minutes.

Reading comprehension. The 45 minutes was the estimate used for having to shop with little brats tagging along with you. I cut that estimate down significantly for just having a parent(s) shop without kids as a reason why the childcare is essential. Further, you shopping for 1-2 people is surely going to take a shorter amount of time than a person shopping for a family of 4-5.

I think she'll likely to go Horrocks's Farm Market, while I'll be sitting patiently at Horrocks's 30 tap Tavern.

Is this guy too stupid to realize that he just completely refuted the argument his side is making in this thread while completely agreeing with the argument Marine and I are making?

You're going to the grocery store to drink alcohol while your wife does the shopping? Guess what, racist? That's the entire point of the wine bar, the beer selection at the salmon stand, etc. It allows a spouse to snack and drink while the other shops.

That "fancy New York" has now extended to North Carolina. They open in Raleigh in September and will be opening four more in the Triangle shortly thereafter. By October, Herdman will be talking about how good the place is.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article228773944.html

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article225568540.html

Is this guy too stupid to realize that he just completely refuted the argument his side is making in this thread while completely agreeing with the argument Marine and I are making?

You're going to the grocery store to drink alcohol while your wife does the shopping? Guess what, racist? That's the entire point of the wine bar, the beer selection at the salmon stand, etc. It allows a spouse to snack and drink while the other shops.

That "fancy New York" has now extended to North Carolina. They open in Raleigh in September and will be opening four more in the Triangle shortly thereafter. By October, Herdman will be talking about how good the place is.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article228773944.html

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article225568540.html

How good that place is because I am not there. That is not happening. I am not going there with all the metrosexuals and whipped men and families who think a nice outing is to all go shopping together. I am not going to the damn zoo.

If I go grocery shopping, I go here. He has fresh meats and guns and ammo. Plus, they tell good stories in there and no Yankees.

ls.jpg

Last edited:
Putting a "child care" location in a grocery store would most likely be done to promote longer stays and more buying/spending by the customers....not decrease the over all length of time someone shops.

Anyone who actually has kids can tell you, shopping with them, ultimately decreases the length of time you spend in the store, shopping.

Reading comprehension. The 45 minutes was the estimate used for having to shop with little brats tagging along with you. I cut that estimate down significantly for just having a parent(s) shop without kids as a reason why the childcare is essential. Further, you shopping for 1-2 people is surely going to take a shorter amount of time than a person shopping for a family of 4-5.

You forget I have a daughter. First, she never acted like a brat at the store. She knew she would get her ass busted. Second, I could still get in and out quick...probably because she knew she would get her ass busted. Third, I am now by far more picky at the store. Kids eat garbage or plain. Now I do gourmet shit. I know where my gourmet shit is and have a list, so I still get in and out quickly. The only thing that fvcks me up is the deli. If there's a long line, I am fvcked.

Putting a "child care" location in a grocery store would most likely be done to promote longer stays and more buying/spending by the customers....not decrease the over all length of time someone shops.

Anyone who actually has kids can tell you, shopping with them, ultimately decreases the length of time you spend in the store, shopping.
What is the deal with the modern day family going shopping together? Forget that. Not just grocery stores, but everywhere. Home Depot, Lowes, Sporting Goods Store, Buying cars, Bass Pro Shop, everywhere.

You forget I have a daughter. First, she never acted like a brat at the store. She knew she would get her ass busted. Second, I could still get in and out quick...probably because she knew she would get her ass busted. Third, I am now by far more picky at the store. Kids eat garbage or plain. Now I do gourmet shit. I know where my gourmet shit is and have a list, so I still get in and out quickly. The only thing that fvcks me up is the deli. If there's a long line, I am fvcked.
I don't grocery shop often, but that shit is strategically done when I go. I plan that shit before I go and have it planned out in my head. In and out is the goal

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
What is the deal with the modern day family going shopping together? Forget that. Not just grocery stores, but everywhere. Home Depot, Lowes, Sporting Goods Store, Buying cars, Bass Pro Shop, everywhere.

IMO, taking kids grocery shopping isn't really a problem. I find it odd that a grocery store finds it necessary to create "entertainment" spaces so parents (who probably cant control their narcissistic kids in the first place) can dump them off on someone else for the brief few minutes they spend simply shopping for groceries.

With that said, I really like taking my kids to the State Farmer's Market in Raleigh. During the spring and summer its a pretty incredible market. The kids always seem to enjoy tasting the fresh produce, while also learning to appreciate where their food actually comes from.

When parent(s) are shopping, it takes a lot longer if you have kids tagging along with you.

Sounds like you did a poor job disciplining your children and teaching them how to act appropriately.
funny, i was thinking the same thing regarding the second statement above when reading the first statement.

Reactions: 19MU88

I don't have an argument within the thread. I'm simply making fun of a tough marine starting a thread about grocery stores. I'm simply stating that I have a store in town, on the outskirts of the ghetto, that I'm partial to, that has many of the exact same offerings that you're touting, except Horrock's Farm Market is for everyday people. Buy some soup, eat it with a plastic spoon. Buy a slice of pizza, pick it up with your damn hands and enjoy. Buy a 16 ounce draft, spill it down the front of your shirt while gulping it down. no BFD. Redneck sitting two bar stools down doing the same thing.

I don't have an argument within the thread. I'm simply making fun of a tough marine starting a thread about grocery stores. I'm simply stating that I have a store in town, on the outskirts of the ghetto, that I'm partial to, that has many of the exact same offerings that you're touting, except Horrock's Farm Market is for everyday people. Buy some soup, eat it with a plastic spoon. Buy a slice of pizza, pick it up with your damn hands and enjoy. Buy a 16 ounce draft, spill it down the front of your shirt while gulping it down. no BFD. Redneck sitting two bar stools down doing the same thing.

Thread is still going you ignorant Fayetteville fvck

Reactions: C.K. Ocsevol-Evad

Your store sounds exactly like Wegmans so thanks for the input

With that said, I really like taking my kids to the State Farmer's Market in Raleigh. During the spring and summer its a pretty incredible market. The kids always seem to enjoy tasting the fresh produce, while also learning to appreciate where their food actually comes from.

This is great. Kids need to know this stuff and appreciate the work that goes into farming. And they are learning that fresh local farm products taste better!

Reactions: raleighherdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT