ADVERTISEMENT

Another Road lost

Hey but after game during his interview with Steve Cotton Danny said, "I'm ok with a loss like tonight, I'm happy with the way we played. I will sleep well tonight."

Gotcha coach, glad you're good with losing, will sleep well after blowing a 10 point lead in last 6 minutes, glad he's happy. But then again it is coming from a coach when asked what team goals are he says..
#1. Play an entertaining brand of basketball
#2. Score 100 points
#3. Win games
Just glad he clarified where he stands so we can not get any expectations too high, he's good with losing.

Reactions: Herd Fever
That sounds like a coach who knows his team cant compete in this league.

Our basketball team best hope is our shota fall and the other team shots either dont or cant keep up.

And 2 think some on here said we was the second best team in the conference.

We have a glorified HS coach who runs his mouth

Had a drunk an Assistant Coach
Another coach whose Euro players have stolen 3 scholarships
And third who is a terrible Front Court Coach.

And then our staff wont recruit REAL BALLERS just some good ol boys from WV who cant do anything but Jack 3s

And what sucks is his brother is one of our biggest supports. I guess we wont be firing him anytime soon.

And then our staff wont recruit REAL BALLERS just some good ol boys from WV who cant do anything but Jack 3s

And what sucks is his brother is one of our biggest supports. I guess we wont be firing him anytime soon.

The wv kids are the best players on this team. I know you hate WV, but those guys aren't the problem.

Time to send Dan packing. Problem is so many think because he was a Herd great he needs more time. Bull. Get him out of here along with Hamrick and hire a real coach.

Reactions: MARSHALL77
Time to send Dan packing. Problem is so many think because he was a Herd great he needs more time. Bull. Get him out of here along with Hamrick and hire a real coach.
Marshall had a chance get Newby, but let that slip past because Hamrick was too busy courting little brother Mikie.

Fever, there is nothing wrong with WV kids. However, Patrick Patterson and Nathian Adrian are few and far between. No coach in his right mind will use WV kids to go to the Big Dance except for Danny.

He Did not say he was ok with losing, as a matter of fact he said it was still a loss and that is not good. He did like the return of MU style ball, but even criticized the play of three players at the end. I'm upset too, but DD did not say be was ok with this loss. Be did say he'll sleep better because the meleze seems to be gone, which prevented him from sleeping after the last two games.

He did in fact say he was ok with tonight's loss.... Yes he did say because he felt the team was back unlike last two games. He did say Penava needs to play stronger....but he did say he was ok with the loss, and that he will sleep well tonight.

I just dont understand why he continues to throw players under the bus.

At some point he has to take ownership

Unlike football, the future of the basketball program looks bright and is heading into the right direction.

He did in fact say he was ok with tonight's loss.... Yes he did say because he felt the team was back unlike last two games. He did say Penava needs to play stronger....but he did say he was ok with the loss, and that he will sleep well tonight.

Here's the quote from Herd Insider....

“I will be able to sleep tonight,” Marshall head coach Danny D’Antoni said after the game. “I didn’t sleep after the Southern Miss loss, I couldn’t, but tonight we played better — we got back to playing Marshall basketball. I am not happy with the loss, but what’s good is … we are back!”

http://herdinsider.com/basketball/marshall-men-lead-late-falls-la-tech-94-90-20178105

The entire lot , lock stock and barrel need to go , Hamrick , Dantoni , Holliday along with all staff members.

Clean house and see what can be salvaged so that hopefully within a few years we can at least be competitive , sounds like Marshall athletics as usual , major mistakes with hiring as well as maintaining coaches and admins who fail to produce for too long a period of time and STARTING OVER , yes its the Marshall way with regards to the two major programs and the athletic department and exactly why we continue the downward spiral ( not that we were taking CUSA by storm to begin with).

I have done my share of ripping Dan and am still unsure if he can lead us back to the dance, but last night's loss did not upset me. I am disappointed we did not close it out. However, we played a solid game for 38 minutes and had a chance to win at the end. Our guys showed up and played with heart which we have not seen the past two games. I actually hope they can use that performance and gain some momentum over the last month of the season.

Reactions: HerdFan1216
Guys face the fact that there simply are much better coaches out there who can do a better job of rebuilding our program than Dan D'Antoni. Wake up. He is not the solution but part of the problem - a Son of Marshall whose reputation is being destroyed. Time to get over DD and move on before we really bottom out. Someone wake Hamrick up. While we are at it why is Bill Legg still here?

You guys act like we have been tops in hoops and football for ever and we should be dominant in both all the time. However historically we aren't either of those. We all want to be successful and win but let's not act like we are unc and Alabama

Reactions: Elkview
Guys face the fact that there simply are much better coaches out there who can do a better job of rebuilding our program than Dan D'Antoni. Wake up. He is not the solution but part of the problem - a Son of Marshall whose reputation is being destroyed. Time to get over DD and move on before we really bottom out. Someone wake Hamrick up. While we are at it why is Bill Legg still here?

Legg and Mirabel

You guys act like we have been tops in hoops and football for ever and we should be dominant in both all the time. However historically we aren't either of those. We all want to be successful and win but let's not act like we are unc and Alabama

This is what someone who lives a mediocre life says.

Nobody is saying that at all but there is fans who appreciate medicrity like yourself and ones who want to win like me

herdfan429 if you are happy with the current state of Marshall athletics than good for you. Not me. Past time for changes in football and basketball. The past does not matter except in our programs history. The present and future should be all Marshall fans concern and we are slipping badly.

I have done my share of ripping Dan and am still unsure if he can lead us back to the dance, but last night's loss did not upset me. I am disappointed we did not close it out. However, we played a solid game for 38 minutes and had a chance to win at the end. Our guys showed up and played with heart which we have not seen the past two games. I actually hope they can use that performance and gain some momentum over the last month of the season.
Moral victories are still counted as losses.

Lol! No one ever indicated as such. Hell, we just want to be competitive and win CDOA a few times in a decade. We can't even do that.

But, hey.
Let's embrace mediocrity. Fans - you just keep giving and STFU.

While I am not happy with last season's football performance, I am more than happy that we have been competing for conference titles and winning ten games per year as of late. I hope last year was a hiccup because I refuse to abandon ship or start throwing blame at everyone after 1 losing season. Show some support even when the chips are stacked against us. Do you think Michigan State is ready to fire the entire coaching staff after 1 season? No. By creating a carousel of head coaches, there is no consistency. Now, I can understand if Doc had had no success since he took over, but that is far from the case. Hell, ninety percent of the Herd faithful were on Litton's coat tails after his freshman year so its really sad to see fellow alum and diehard supporters snub their noses so quick. It was ONE season. Remember, the majority of coordinators were winning 10 games with Doc. I feel Legg is a hindrance as an offensive coordinator and might do better service to the team as a positions coach (where, i don't know), but he has helped win a lot of games for us so I do understand him still being on the staff. As for basketball, the next two seasons will make or break Dantoni.

Reactions: Elkview
HerdFan1216 how in the world can you even imagine DD even comes close to Tom Izzo of Michigan State? Get serious.

Sorry I strayed off subject, the majority of my post was centered towards the football team. My last sentence was the only one directed at the basketball team. And no, I would never compare Dantoni to Tom Izzo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT