ADVERTISEMENT

any news on tyre brady

Here is my question, as a fan what do you gain from knowing what type of injury a player has? Honestly, what do you gain?

Here is my question, as a fan what do you gain from knowing what type of injury a player has? Honestly, what do you gain?
Damn, is the Herd fan base dumb or what? Why bother to release who the Herd is playing each week? Just put out a schedule with the date and time, and fans can be surprised by what team shows up to play the Herd. Why not? What do the fans have to gain from knowing which team they're playing each week. Just show up, and do the thunderclap, and hope like hell it's Chase Litton bobble head day when you get to the stadium.

Reactions: herdalicious
I don't get the "need to know" The guy got hurt, what difference does it make? When he is better, he will play. None of us change that.

Reactions: pdbailey
This thread confuses me. Somehow a simple question about whether there has been any news about a player's status for next week's game has devolved into sniping and never ending bullshit. I guess it all comes down to a few things. Many fans would like to know if players will take the field and increase or decrease our chances of winning. People care if we win and like to talk about Marshall football. Players playing or not is a point of discussion and can inform discussions about our chances of winning.

Then you have the people who want to bash the coaches/administration for withholding info. This is likely based on history of coaches releasing info that may or may not be reasonable to release (such as minor injuries and other info that other teams actually do release) and personal distaste for coaches.

Then I guess you have posters who just don't like other posters and want to disagree and feel superior and tell people they don't deserve to know information about their favorite college football team. Some of you people truly do not want to know which of our players are going to be out for the game? Seriously? I pay for my tickets and want to be entertained and know about my team. I want to know just about everything about MY team if I could. I understand I am not going to hear about turmoil in the locker room or why a player was suspended, quit the team, etc. but I would still like to know. I can accept that I won't know everything but if someone would like to tell me about it, I will listen. I figure I am far from the minority in this idea though since the sports article/reporting industry is HUGE and their are literally thousands of sites discussing the same info and putting out stories about every team.

Reactions: Bankerreturns
Some updates from Doc's presser:

* Nyquan Harris will play against NCSU.

* Tyre Brady will practice this week and has a chance to play this weekend.

* Tyler King is back at practice.

I guess everyone is happy now - nope, not a chance.

You forget, there is a portion of our fanbase that is the most self-righteous in all of college football. According to this group, you can't: (1) question authority; (2) critique the university, coaches, or players; or, (3) speak honestly and candidly about the state of our athletic department, teams, and conference affiliation. If you do any of these things, you aren't a "real" fan, whatever the hell that means.

Just because other programs do something doesnt mean we have to, also just because we pay for tickets and donate money to the program doesnt mean we are entitled to injury reports or other player personnel matters.

Would I like to know those things yes of course doesnt mean I am entitled to them.

Reactions: ToesMU
Just because other programs do something doesnt mean we have to, also just because we pay for tickets and donate money to the program doesnt mean we are entitled to injury reports or other player personnel matters.

Would I like to know those things yes of course doesnt mean I am entitled to them.
Nobody indicates being entitled to information. Simply stated, if the Herd athletic department chooses to keep the fans in the dark, then so be it. It's their choice to do. Fans can then determine whether they want to support a program that chooses to run their operation that way.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Nobody indicates being entitled to information. Simply stated, if the Herd athletic department chooses to keep the fans in the dark, then so be it. It's their choice to do. Fans can then determine whether they want to support a program that chooses to run their operation that way.

If you dont feel entitled to the information then there is no need to be upset when its not disclosed

Reactions: 19MU88
Here's a question you can answer that's not confidential.

Since we have the advantage of taking unlimited props, have a head coach who is a super recruiter, and have the advantage of holding all info concerning the program so close to the vest, how have we managed only one conference championship in seven years and only managed 3 wins last year? I mean, we have so many advantages, it's puzzling.
Doc purged the team of the many bad apples and square pegs the first two years so the first two years were an adjustment period. Then Rippon sucked in 2012 despite some good talent on defense and was fired. 2013-2015 were what most of us hoped Herd football would return to being, but 2016 was really a rebuilding year after losing 39 scholarship players from the 2015 team. 2017 could be a transition year back to being good, but many on here seem to hope we crash so that they can get rid of a coach they never wanted and an athletic director they never appreciated. Those people need to keep in mind that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Didn't ole Chuck Landon absolutely screw this process up when he attempted to break open reporting on Devon Johnson's injury? He even botched it by labeling the injury a name that doesn't even exist? He then tried to stir up controversy from it as well?

I actually wouldn't be shocked if, because of idiot Landon, that the coaches are more reserved when discussing injuries than normal.
Landon's articles on Johnson are exactly the reason they don't provide any real information on injuries anymore. Landon also did it to attack Doc and the program.

Plus, I assume Hippa laws apply
They do apply as the coaching staff also has a responsibility to not release the information. Only the player can give consent to release the information. The player has an upper body injury and is currently questionable for Saturday should be enough information.

Reactions: ToesMU
Some updates from Doc's presser:

* Nyquan Harris will play against NCSU.

* Tyre Brady will practice this week and has a chance to play this weekend.

* Tyler King is back at practice.
Doc basically said that Brady is questionable for Saturday. I consider this to be more than enough info on injuries.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
Because we live in a society that embraces transparency in the public sector.
Nah, that just left-wing communism that wants that in our society. Law prevents the release of medical information without the player's consent.
NO THEY DONT!!!!! For the love of Christ this has been explained a million times!
It actually does apply to coaches and the administration as well.;)

Not having our best WR on an already inept offense is not a good sign.

No it doesn't. HIPAA has nothing to do with the coaches or administration. o_O

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/covered-entities/index.html
You can't just look at the basics on the law. So who do the medical staff that take care of the players work for? MU correct? Who do the coaches and administration work for? MU correct? In other words, all MU personnel who are required to not publicly provide information on a player's injury without the players consent.

It's Marshall, we don't need to tell you anything or communicate; but damn it, you better donate and empty those pockets or you're not a fan!

You forget, there is a portion of our fanbase that is the most self-righteous in all of college football. According to this group, you can't: (1) question authority; (2) critique the university, coaches, or players; or, (3) speak honestly and candidly about the state of our athletic department, teams, and conference affiliation. If you do any of these things, you aren't a "real" fan, whatever the hell that means.

Answer the question: what is gained by fans having access to injury reports?

I would say there is a larger group of fans that are self righteous in believing that everything Doc and his staff do is for the detriment of our program and that these guys are bumbling idiots. All my side is saying is trust the coaching staff.. and again, why does it matter???? what is gained?

Answer the question: what is gained by fans having access to injury reports?

I would say there is a larger group of fans that are self righteous in believing that everything Doc and his staff do is for the detriment of our program and that these guys are bumbling idiots. All my side is saying is trust the coaching staff.. and again, why does it matter???? what is gained?

Exactly. All its going to do is feed into the grumbling of the constant bitching section of the fanbase.

It's Marshall, we don't need to tell you anything or communicate; but damn it, you better donate and empty those pockets or you're not a fan!

LOL cause there is so much emptying of pockets going on. Grab the game day program, think of some hard core herd fans you know. look through the donors, you will find some but many many won't be there. 300 or so to the Vision.

I think we should charge for bitching...that might raise some money

Reactions: All4TheHerd
, all MU personnel who are required to not publicly provide information on a player's injury without the players consent.

That may be MU policy and a coaches decision not to discuss, but that still has absolutely zero, nothing to do with HIPAA. A coach DOES NOT fall under HIPAA guidelines, unless he/she also happens to be the licensed doctor who diagnoses/treats the players. (Its safe to say that's not the case with our "Doc")

perhaps it's due to keeping fans updated in regards to players they cheer for week after week after week? Did you notice that many other teams announced injuries to players? Keeping fans in the dark is not good for the program. Fans will turn on the program, which many have already done. You cannot continue to snub your nose at the fans, and then turn around and ask them to support you. It simply doesn't work that way.

Shut up.

I agree with Josh - Marshall fans shouldn't speculate about the status of players, or seek any information regarding Marshall athletics that isn't readily apparent from game broadcasts or traditional news sources.

/Logs off Herd Nation

Doc is so tricky. He said Nyquan was going to play so that they had to focus on stopping him and his career high five tackles when he was actually planning to get arrested instead. #schemingtowin

Reactions: ilmherdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT