ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know of this from the Ohio game?

HerdAttack

Platinum Buffalo
Jul 31, 2002
I've been told by someone who traveled with the team to Athens that Athens PD were waiting with K-9 units as our buses pulled in, and that they sniffed down the bus, cargo bay and had them standing near the bus door as the team exited?

Anyone confirm this crap?

They are morons. Wouldn't surprise me. Anything to get an advantage on us. Probably trying to bust some of our players for anything they could to get them out of the game.

Never heard this though. I would assume it would have made its way to the media if they did

I've been told by someone who traveled with the team to Athens that Athens PD were waiting with K-9 units as our buses pulled in, and that they sniffed down the bus, cargo bay and had them standing near the bus door as the team exited?

I doubt that is true. I live here and know several of the APD. Will see if I can find out if true.They have plenty of drugs to worry about in the dorms and in the local neighborhoods where the kids live.If the dog was there it probably wasn't specific for us.

This isn't just an Athens thing. This is only a safety measure in some locations. Having ridden with a lot of teams this happens a lot and rather be safe then sorry. I am fine with this. A lot of ruckus over nothing.

Ohio Herd = Athens 5 O. Secret Agent Man. Diggin' Up The Dirt.

HarpDaddy = New Kid On The Block...but joined 3/7/07 ??????????????

Not new but don't post much and obviously haven't posted since forum changed? Posted a lot more when forum was first created. Anyways some here will know me and most won't.

I hit the rest room first thing after we entered the gate, some OU guy was smoking weed in there only about ten minutes before kickoff. Seems like the OU cops should be more concerned with that.

Reactions: ohio herd
I have it on good authority from a couple Bobcat forum posters that Athens and OU have absolutely zero problems. None.

I hit the rest room first thing after we entered the gate, some OU guy was smoking weed in there only about ten minutes before kickoff. Seems like the OU cops should be more concerned with that.

Grown men and women shotgunning beer in the tailgate lots, but the cops should be concerned about a guy smoking weed in the bathroom?

I work every Sunday for the NFL on the television side and every week no matter where or the team every team bus that pulls up to the stadium gets a dog to go around the bus, and each player and each players bag gets it too. Just a security measure.

we were at the Big Green tailgate last Saturday in Kent. It was held inside the indoor practice facility. While we were eating here came the police with a drug sniffing dog. It went from table to table and every trash container.

Thanks for the scoop on HarpDaddy. It's always great to have people on the board that knows about the team. Most of us don't know diddley-squat about the team (as if you couldn't tell by the crazy comments). Good to know that he isn't just another Rap-Daddy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT