ADVERTISEMENT

Appears kicking game is weak link ....

TheGreenhouseEffect

Silver Buffalo
Aug 17, 2012
SilverCometTrail
FIELD GOALS

Smith: 36 missed, 36 missed, 36 good, 36 missed, 36 good, 38 good, 43 good, 4-7 total

Curraj: 36 good, 38 good, 43 missed, 36 good, 46 good, 4-5 total

Pontius: 36 good, 36 good, 36 missed, 41 good, 3-4 total

I think Doc should send smith to see a sports psychologist. Hire a kicking coach, do something. This is a real weak link.

They ain't pretty, but they get the job done. Eleven for 16 field goals from 36 yards or more is probably about average for kickers

Reactions: pdbailey
Pontios needs to come on strong. I'm afraid Smith is just snake bitten mentally.
Curraj definitely KO's

Coach obviously hasn't settled on a kicker. Having seen 3 different guys this close to the season obviously doesn't look good for the kicking game. I was at the scrimmage and there is zero consistency in that area. At this point they all look about the same. Before Smith got rattled I thought we were solid for the next few years. He was a Groza nominee and then it went to shit.

He was a Groza nominee and then it went to shit.

Exactly. It was like he got that nomination and he just amped up and got a case of the yips.

I remember Smoltz of the braves having struggles, they hired a sports psychologist and he was good as new in a month. I do believe all Nick's problems are twix his ears too.

Huge part of the game and momentum behind the game. I hope Nick turns it around.

Reactions: Herdon2
Nicks issue is definitely mental. He melted down after the misses to win at Mid Tennessee. That was his demise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT