ADVERTISEMENT

Appy losing their 1st year HC...

So Sam since we are so poor and woe is me we are a small school woe is me. You are such a West Vitginian it’s not even funny. Expect nothing, excuses for everything, woe is me for everything. We can’t do this cause we are in WV, Huntington is small blah blah blah blah blah.

Answer me this question Sam since we are so poor and downtrodden. Why did we move up to FBS. Bigger question and this is a huge one since we are so poor and have no money why did we build an IPF? Why did we pay Holiday the most of any HC in our history? Why did we build a P5 level weight room. Why did we build a sweet soccer stadium? Why do we have a very nice softball field? Lastly why in the world are we building a new baseball stadium?

According to you and the other mouthpieces we are lucky to win a game. We should strive for nothing. We can’t hope to compete when it comes to the major league programs that are CUSA version 3.0.

So why did we build all that stuff. We could absolutely have stood still and got the results we have had the last 10 years in football. I know you don’t think we had to build those things to compete in this conference. I assumed it was to help us move up. But according to you and your other people who think like you, this is it we are at the pinnacle. So why did we waste millions on things that we did not need to compete at the level we are now. Why are we continuing to waste money by building a really nice baseball stadium?
Care to answer that for me?

I can't answer for Goddamn Sam but I'll say,

I imagine because there had been a ton of PROMISES made when MU jumped to FBS. MU had done all they really needed to, or felt they could, winning FCS twice.
MU was forward thinking, and that had to include an AD to want to make the program upgrade itself.
Marcum was a complete waste as an AD because none of the stuff promised, would happen.
I can also see it causing a rift in the AD and Pruett...who demanded upgrades and facilities be made possible once the jump had been made.
Marcum never budged and basically made Marshall stagnate...he oversaw quite possibly THE BEST time for MU to grow its brand during the filming and marketing of the school.
He did nothing and I hope that useless sack of crap never sets foot on the campus or anywhere near it ever again.
Hamrick has a ton of faults and is not the best marketer for the program out there...but my god he is light years ahead of Marcum and Marcum had Hollywood backing him, for several months, and couldn't expand MU.
Marcum also chased off some big donors and somewhat alienated the AD from alumni.

Now Hamrick's trying to essentially makeup for the empty promises.
Much of what you listed was Hamrick, not Marcum or the other guy before him.
Marcum did build the weight room, softball field, and re-did the tennis courts.
Hamrick built the soccer field, IPF, re-did the locker rooms, hired D'Antoni, had Chad and Mike lead the Vision Campaign, building the baseball field, SCHEDULING P5's TO PLAY AT MU AND NOT LETTING THEM GO, getting in touch with major donors like Brad Smith, having a damn plan for growth and expansion, and actually being approachable.

Why does MU bother to build it? Because MU can compete for national titles in baseball and softball and soccer.
Unlike the greed of football, the other sports are actually fine with anyone that can play.

Not to mention, MU never had some of those things before, so I wouldn't consider it a waste of money, especially if MU can end up like the soccer team and everyone can root for them.

I think Hamrick really had nothing to work with the first time the AAC was formed. Now, with just how much has been done and will continue to be done, I think there's going to be another conference shake up and if there is, there's going to be much more to offer the next time around.

Just my take.

MU moved up from I-AA for one simple reason. It was losing its ass financially. There just was not any money, during that era, in I-AA. We were living on live gate and the occasional $500 dshoe could scrounge up to put a game out some obscure channel. The NCAA did not care. CBS carried the final, which it had to under the basketball contract, directly against Army-Navy.

Further, we were, and not just on the field, but in facilities, fan base, broadcasting, lot of business side stuff, just bigger than any body else.

Now, since then the NCAA, flush with cash from its new basketball deal, tossed enough dollars at I-AA to make it at least a break even deal. Things like ESPN+ mean most major I-AA games are at least on some kind of broadcasting. They moved the championship to a bowl like setting, after New Year’s.

Now, if any of you can say you knew any of that was coming, at the time, you are either the smartest predictor on earth and should be playing the stock market or the sports book, or are lying.

Similarly, when MU moved up from the MAC, it made sense. The MAC was fat dumb and happy and happy to be fat dumb and happy. Future phys ed teachers of Ohio vs. future phys ed teachers of Michigan. BP ran southern rings around them. But it was a small time league. The bottom of I-A, really belonged in I-AA. And the winner of the league, ONLY, went to a made up bowl in Detroit which no one but a couple 1000 MU fans attended and no one cared about. Before MU got there the made up bowl was just to play @ Fresno State under an NCAA waiver for one-third of the “minimum” bowl pay out.

And, on the business side, again, we were just way ahead.

Now, then ESPN decided it could gin up a bowl system where 6-6 = bowl. It, and the other big media companies, exploded the number of sports channels to where 99% of I-A games are on TV or internet TV. It tossed money for content. And then Texas started its own TV channel, everybody with a choice left the Big 12, and this set of a Great Realignment that filtered down to the old Leastleftovers becoming the AAC and taking some of the better programs from CUSA, and some bad decisions about their replacements were made.

Again, if anyone saw that coming...

I can't answer for Goddamn Sam but I'll say,

I imagine because there had been a ton of PROMISES made when MU jumped to FBS. MU had done all they really needed to, or felt they could, winning FCS twice.
MU was forward thinking, and that had to include an AD to want to make the program upgrade itself.
Marcum was a complete waste as an AD because none of the stuff promised, would happen.
I can also see it causing a rift in the AD and Pruett...who demanded upgrades and facilities be made possible once the jump had been made.
Marcum never budged and basically made Marshall stagnate...he oversaw quite possibly THE BEST time for MU to grow its brand during the filming and marketing of the school.
He did nothing and I hope that useless sack of crap never sets foot on the campus or anywhere near it ever again.
Hamrick has a ton of faults and is not the best marketer for the program out there...but my god he is light years ahead of Marcum and Marcum had Hollywood backing him, for several months, and couldn't expand MU.
Marcum also chased off some big donors and somewhat alienated the AD from alumni.

Now Hamrick's trying to essentially makeup for the empty promises.
Much of what you listed was Hamrick, not Marcum or the other guy before him.
Marcum did build the weight room, softball field, and re-did the tennis courts.
Hamrick built the soccer field, IPF, re-did the locker rooms, hired D'Antoni, had Chad and Mike lead the Vision Campaign, building the baseball field, SCHEDULING P5's TO PLAY AT MU AND NOT LETTING THEM GO, getting in touch with major donors like Brad Smith, having a damn plan for growth and expansion, and actually being approachable.

Why does MU bother to build it? Because MU can compete for national titles in baseball and softball and soccer.
Unlike the greed of football, the other sports are actually fine with anyone that can play.

Not to mention, MU never had some of those things before, so I wouldn't consider it a waste of money, especially if MU can end up like the soccer team and everyone can root for them.

I think Hamrick really had nothing to work with the first time the AAC was formed. Now, with just how much has been done and will continue to be done, I think there's going to be another conference shake up and if there is, there's going to be much more to offer the next time around.

Just my take.
All Marcum was interested in was having Manchin hold a gun to Eddie Pastilong's head to force the WVU series.

So Sam since we are so poor and woe is me we are a small school woe is me. You are such a West Vitginian it’s not even funny. Expect nothing, excuses for everything, woe is me for everything. We can’t do this cause we are in WV, Huntington is small blah blah blah blah blah.

Answer me this question Sam since we are so poor and downtrodden. Why did we move up to FBS. Bigger question and this is a huge one since we are so poor and have no money why did we build an IPF? Why did we pay Holiday the most of any HC in our history? Why did we build a P5 level weight room. Why did we build a sweet soccer stadium? Why do we have a very nice softball field? Lastly why in the world are we building a new baseball stadium?

According to you and the other mouthpieces we are lucky to win a game. We should strive for nothing. We can’t hope to compete when it comes to the major league programs that are CUSA version 3.0.

So why did we build all that stuff. We could absolutely have stood still and got the results we have had the last 10 years in football. I know you don’t think we had to build those things to compete in this conference. I assumed it was to help us move up. But according to you and your other people who think like you, this is it we are at the pinnacle. So why did we waste millions on things that we did not need to compete at the level we are now. Why are we continuing to waste money by building a really nice baseball stadium?
Care to answer that for me?
Dagnabit, we don't have any advantages! Right, Sam?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT