ADVERTISEMENT

As per usual

It's difficult to win on the Road, no matter who you are. GREAT VICTORY Coach Dan, Staff & Players. Let's pack The JOAN for UAB & MTSU and pin a loss on both programs.

4 Victories in a row for The HERD over WKU.....

HerdZilla22 will be in Huntington Thursday.....

This. I don't think it is asking too much for this to be a top 75 program, especially given how weak this conference is, it shouldn't be hard to build a top of the conference program.

Yes...I expected more from The HERD this season...they win two (UAB & MTSU) in Huntington next week... and they "right the ship."

The state of Indiana had a so-so day...ND wins, Butler [my favorite team, other than The Herd & The Heels] just seems like they can not get by Providence, and Indiana lost to a talented Purdue squad...a very good team that should go deep in March.....

INDIANA basketball ROCKS.....

HerdZilla22

Yes...I expected more from The HERD this season...they win two (UAB & MTSU) in Huntington next week... and they "right the ship."

The state of Indiana had a so-so day...ND wins, Butler [my favorite team, other than The Herd & The Heels] just seems like they can not get by Providence, and Indiana lost to a talented Purdue squad...a very good team that should go deep in March.....

INDIANA basketball ROCKS.....

HerdZilla22

IU's season is fvcked. OG and Blackmon are out for the season. If Bryant doesn't go pro they will be stacked next season.

You guys are missing the point of this thread. I'm not saying this win corrects all of our issues or takes the sting out of the UTEP and Southern Miss losses.

I'm just saying Marshall had a nice win tonight on the road and it is barely mentioned. When Marshall loses they get slammed but they don't get any positives when they win and all the critics never appear to give credit.

Yup we are the exact amino acid sequence opposite of our sisters from the north. We beat a hated road rival and nobody posts props, but the Jessico white sisters could beat ECU in football at home this year and ECU will be a powerhouse of the east that deserves in be in the B12 and yadda yadda.

I've never seen a fan base run down its program as bad as Marshall, but when we win ...

Reactions: herd4life5 (HN)
We get it, and yes it was a good win, I think our teams legs are tired, a week without games helped. I keep hearing reports that Bennett may not get his grades. Not getting much production from the center position, and Bennett is critical for next season.

chappelle-player-haters-ball_bigger.jpg

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Like many on here I am at a loss of words for a few disappointing losses this season. However, I really believe we are moving in the right direction. This is year 3 under DD and next year will really show us how this program is going.I will always be on the side of supporting DD and what he is doing here. If he falls flat then I will offer him thanks for giving it a shot.Personally I think we give him 5 years to rebuild this program.

Reactions: horsrman
One month to Passover, AKA, Selection Sunday. No ship has been "righted". Rather an "up and down" team that everybody predicted to be "pretty good" is, on good days "pretty good" and bloody awful on bad days.

If (0.5% shot) we win the CUSA tournament, we get a #16 seed, probably a play-in game in Dayton vs. a HBCU, winner gets assreamed by KU. If we do not we do not deserve even a pay-to-play slot, even if we win every game remaining and lost the CUSA final by 1 point in triple overtime. Pack the gear away and start bitching about baseball, with an interlude for the negatives to review last football season once again themed around the G&W game.

It is what it is. It is where we are. I'm glad we won, I'm glad the game was on some semblance of TV, I hope we can have a winning record, I would even like to see us win 20 games (3% chance). But at the end of the day, the next two teams we play are a lot better than we are, and if we really could lose out. I'm not going to get all excited over beating 12-12 WKU whose only half-way notable non-conference win is Ohio U.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
We're 0-6 against the RPI top 100. We're 5-2 against RPI 101-200. We're 8-3 against 201 +.

Last year we were 1-9 against top 100, 5-5 against 101-200 and 11-1 against 201+.

In other words, we were "meh" last year and we are "meh" this year. We aren't any better, or any worse, we just are what we are.

as I have said (and many other have too) we are a live by the three die by the three team. Shoot well, we win most games, shoot bad we lose. I have seen spirts of defense during games, but never decent defense for a whole game. Granted 50% of the games i can only listen to.

I've never seen a fan base run down its program as bad as Marshall, but when we win ...

LOL. Move here to Indiana. Huntington and Marshall is NOTHING compared to this fan base. Crean won the B10 title last season and reached the Sweet 16, and a majority of the fans wanted him fired.

[QUOTE="ohio herd, post: 440911, member: 1484"Personally I think we give him 5 years to rebuild this program.[/QUOTE]

And then he is ready for retirement and we are right back where we started. We needed a man of integrity to rebuild the trainwreck, but it is already time to start looking at the future.

Reactions: mufan08
Right.

Next year's front court reinforcements will come in the form of Jannson Williams and hopefully JUCO F Akiean Frederick.

Chris, we can also hope that Penava gets in some SERIOUS Strength and Conditioning work prior to the start of the 2017-18 season. He has some offensive skills, but even in the lowly CUSA a 98 pound weakling can't be that effective very long banging in the paint on interior defense, rebounding, especially establishing and keeping one's position in the paint, etc. Front court will probably be "by committee" next season. Thompson established at one position, backed by Bledsoe, maybe Thieneman, possibly a juco transfer. Other position manned by Williams or Penava, and a juco, or, hopefully, an unknown, as of now, grad transfer.

Backcourt scoring is what concerns me. Elmore is our point guard, someone will have to replace firepower lost by Loop and Browning, else Elmore will be heavily double teamed, or hounded all over the court. Believe the Wake Forest transfer is going to be counted on for floor play and defense more than scoring. Burks can be very explosive, offensively, but has to play more under control and within the system. Another off season should help him in that respect. Just can't really see anyone else on current squad providing much in the way of consistent game contribution next year, absent a MAJOR transformation! Do we really know if Allyson is still on the team??

LOL. Move here to Indiana. Huntington and Marshall is NOTHING compared to this fan base. Crean won the B10 title last season and reached the Sweet 16, and a majority of the fans wanted him fired.

How True you are, Raoul. Coaching at Indiana schools is very difficult. Our daughter's husband starts a new medical job in LA soon, meaning they will relocate to the West Coast when schools ends for the children. I am going to miss the great town of Zionsville [19,000 +] and my visits to Butler, ND, Purdue, & Bloomington. I will miss local Indiana high school basketball & baseball too. Indiana is a great state in my opinion and it has been "a good ride for them for about 4 years." I will travel there next Monday (02/21) for a few days. I hope to chase the "little white ball" at The Trophy Club if the weather permits?

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney in Charlotte)

Last edited:
[QUOTE="ohio herd, post: 440911, member: 1484"Personally I think we give him 5 years to rebuild this program.

And then he is ready for retirement and we are right back where we started. We needed a man of integrity to rebuild the trainwreck, but it is already time to start looking at the future.[/QUOTE]

Raoul, I had hoped Chris Duhan was being groomed to take over when Dan retires. Well, we all know that story. Since his wife is a professor at Marshall, perhaps Chris could be rehired....LIFE "CAN" GIVE US SECOND/THIRD CHANCES. Perhaps, MU could look to UNC Wilmington and bring KEVIN KEATTS back to Huntington. I doubt he will be available because some big school will most likely "pluck" him away from NC soon. Marshall will always be "training ground" for young coaches...ie, John "Billy" Donovan, Dana Altman (Oregon), Gregg Marshall (Wichita State).

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Raoul, I had hoped Chris Duhan was being groomed to take over when Dan retires. Well, we all know that story. Since his wife is a professor at Marshall, perhaps Chris could be rehired....LIFE "CAN" GIVE US SECOND/THIRD CHANCES.
You don't get caught asleep, drunk in a running vehicle unless you're in big trouble. Saying to hell with it and just riding dirty on a revoked license when you know you're on strike 5 is a pretty good sign you don't need to be the face of anybody's program.

Dude needs rehab, not a job.

It does:changes the record from 13-12 to 14-11, changes a 3 game losing streak to a 1game winning streak going in to a big game at home Thursday.

How True you are, Raoul. Coaching at Indiana schools is very difficult. Our daughter's husband starts a new medical job in LA soon, meaning they will relocate to the West Coast when schools ends for the children. I am going to miss the great town of Zionsville [19,000 +] and my visits to Butler, ND, Purdue, & Bloomington. I will miss local Indiana high school basketball & baseball too. Indiana is a great state in my opinion and it has been "a good ride for them for about 4 years." I will travel there next Monday (02/21) for a few days. I hope to chase the "little white ball" at The Trophy Club if the weather permits?

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney in Charlotte)

High school basketball here is incredible. Google the kid from my high school, Romeo Langford. Kid is just sick.

The best golf course here is supposedly the Pete Dye course at French Lick. I would love to play it. I haven't played since my shoulder got screwed up four years ago; I just got back to weight training recently, hopefully I can get my strength and flexibility back so I can play again.

Not loveable losers. A winning record at this point. Quit looking at the color of some players skin, and remember the last two years under Herrion-13-19, 10-21. Unloveable losers? There have been some tough /bad losses but there are games left to be played and the tournament. I prefer to think positive with this team.

...going in to a big game at home Thursday.

So, 15-11 with the non-conference wins being 4 HBCUs (one of those Div II) , 13-12 Troy and 13-12 GW at 14-11 with the non-conference wins being 2 HBCUs, 13-12 Morehead, 7-19 Western Carolina, 15-8 Ohio U, 13-12 Toledump, and Mountain East Div II college, for 5th place in a one-bid league that has eight of 14 teams with losing records is a "BIG GAME" ?

Wow.

to answer the OP with my opinion:

we haven't been relevant in basketball since i was in 4th grade (i'm pushing 40)
we play in a 1 bid conference currently ranked 24th out of 32 RPI
we are 14-11
we beat a historically very good basketball program that is now 12-13 on the year (finished 8th in conf last year)
this board always has louder critical voices than those with praise (kinda like life in general)
this board is generally dead during basketball season (see point 1 and 2)

High school basketball here is incredible. Google the kid from my high school, Romeo Langford. Kid is just sick.

The best golf course here is supposedly the Pete Dye course at French Lick. I would love to play it. I haven't played since my shoulder got screwed up four years ago; I just got back to weight training recently, hopefully I can get my strength and flexibility back so I can play again.

Raoul
...when & if your shoulder gets better [hope it does] and you are near Lebanon....go play the Trophy Club.....its a great layout....a couple holes face I-65 North. I earned their credit card business for a period of time. We had some issues loading his old gift cards program and he decided to return to his old merchant services bank.

I understand a really "sick" QB from Indiana is heading to Clemson in the Fall. I am excited to see him play.

Did you graduate from Marshall's School of JRN?

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney) in Charlotte

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
No, I am am political scientist and sociologist by education, and a social worker/work skills trainer for adults with developmental disabilities by career.

Hunter Johnson is a hell of a QB.

Too bad Trevor Lawrence will take his job if he has one once Lawrence comes on Campus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT