ADVERTISEMENT

Associate Athletic Director Leaving

Y.A.G Si Ye Nots

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 7, 2010
Home Wrecker
Aaron Goebbel, the associate athletic director who is in charge of marketing, digital, promotions, merchandise, ticketing, media/PR is leaving Marshall for Shaw Sports Turf. His brother, former Marshall assistant football coach Todd Goebbel, left for NC State a couple of months ago.

He's an institution, he's done all those jobs for 30+ years locally. He's got a passion that nobody else has for Marshall as well as Huntington. He wont bolt for a better gig out of state in a few years. Not sure if he'd leave TV, but maybe he's looking for a new challenge at this stage of his career? Worth a shot if you ask me.

I say consolidate this role with Chuck McGill's and give Chuck an assistant for marketing and ticketing. We don't really need another associate director of anything; like all the VPs at a bank...

I'd like for us to hire a marketing guy with many years of experience. I think it would be worthwhile. Sometimes I feel the MU staff get in that fishbowl mentality of how they view things. Never hurts to have an outsider come in with new ideas.

I graduated with Aaron. He's a good man and true son of marshall. I am sure this was a difficult decision. Good luck Aaron! You will be missed!

Aaron has been on staff for 14 years. I don't know how the job is structured, and I don't know what it pays. Both will be key in who we are able to hire....

I say consolidate this role with Chuck McGill's and give Chuck an assistant for marketing and ticketing. We don't really need another associate director of anything; like all the VPs at a bank...

The AD is already stretched pretty thin. There’s basically no chance they’ll consolidate jobs.

As others have stated, Marshall needs to go out and find someone that will be proactive about their job. BTW, this is in no way a shot at Aaron or anyone else. He’s done great things for the university and will be sorely missed.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
He's an institution, he's done all those jobs for 30+ years locally. He's got a passion that nobody else has for Marshall as well as Huntington. He wont bolt for a better gig out of state in a few years. Not sure if he'd leave TV, but maybe he's looking for a new challenge at this stage of his career? Worth a shot if you ask me.

Terrific...
Except I want someone who won't stick to local stuff...go big and go beyond WV.
Not doubting anything you're saying but maybe MU should expand outside of Huntington and get someone to market MU to other areas of the country.

The AD is already stretched pretty thin. There’s basically no chance they’ll consolidate jobs.

As others have stated, Marshall needs to go out and find someone that will be proactive about their job. BTW, this is in no way a shot at Aaron or anyone else. He’s done great things for the university and will be sorely missed.

Everyone complains about how MU 'never expands' and 'is losing the war with wvu over the state.'

An opportunity to get someone from the outside from a successful career to put MU on the map and whats the first thing thats said?
'Lets get a local guy!'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT