ADVERTISEMENT

AT&T giving 200k workers $1000 bonus -- spending $1bil in capital investment because of tax cuts

This sounds like Trump is performing Corporate “COLLUSION”.

Someone needs to investigate.

With that said, how many democrat employees of ATT will give that $1000 back?

Owner/Dictator of Greed Inc.
Screw that.
I already pay my one employee $100 a week under the table for a mere 75 hrs of labor.

Last edited:
This is in addition to the union kickback that was agreed to back in May. There was a false story rotating around on DNC twitter that the ATT one was just for union folks.

payoff for net neutrality bonanza for at&t. you are paying the
tab with higher cable rates - congratulations.
#filling the swamp

There was a false story rotating around on DNC twitter that the ATT one was just for union folks.

From the above link:

"AT&T said in a press release Wednesday that it would give more than 200,000 of its U.S. workers who are union members a special bonus of $1,000."

Here is what the press release says: "Once tax reform is signed into law, AT&T* plans to invest an additional $1 billion in the United States in 2018 and pay a special $1,000 bonus to more than 200,000 AT&T U.S. employees — all union-represented, non-management and front-line managers. If the President signs the bill before Christmas, employees will receive the bonus over the holidays." The first sentence is poorly written (don't let rifle see it ;)), but best as I can read it the bonus is only for union employees, both non-management and front-line management. So I have to ask, were you surfing Twitter and saw the DNC "false story", or did some right-wing media tell you there was a "false story" on the DNC Twitter? I am going to start my own story on Twitter: AT&T apparently has some damn foreigners writing its English language press releases.

Considering they pay a 5+% dividend this means they are paying their employees considerably less than they are paying their shareholders. Nice job AT&T.

the Board's fiduciary responsibility is to the shareholders...idiot.
What does that have to do with the bonuses you pay your employees. The board has to approve those as well. AT&T is just giving trump a good guy so they can push through their merger you will see the dept of Justice now pull back on their case against them.

What does that have to do with the bonuses you pay your employees. The board has to approve those as well. AT&T is just giving trump a good guy so they can push through their merger you will see the dept of Justice now pull back on their case against them.
What’s fifth third banks reasoning for doing the same thing?

It's a PR attempt to appease many Americans who know this tax cut is nothing but a giveaway to the rich.
How many times did you ever give your employees a bonus?

This is what I don’t understand about the left. You say you’re for the little guy. They are given a bonus then bitch and moan about the motives. Who cares why they gave them a bonus. I’m sure the 200000 att workers don’t care why but sure are happy about an extra grand at the holidays

What’s fifth third banks reasoning for doing the same thing?
Well considering large similar employers in 5/3 market (Cincinnati and Ohio) like Anthem, Nationwide and Cincinnati insurance all raised their minimum wages to $15 hour about three years ago. That probably had something to do with it. In addition you can go be a barista at Starbucks for 15 per hour. I would assume about three years ago the quality of their employees started to decline fairly rapidly.

Makes perfect sense.

Yes it does make perfect sense. Shareholders ultimately own the business. The dividend payment is income to the owners.

I thought you owned a business with employees?? Is the concept of owners of a business receiving higher income than the employees a foreign concept to you??

Keep’m coming bucky.

This is what I don’t understand about the left. You say you’re for the little guy. They are given a bonus then bitch and moan about the motives. Who cares why they gave them a bonus. I’m sure the 200000 att workers don’t care why but sure are happy about an extra grand at the holidays

They bitch because (as you already know) they ultimately care nothing about the little guy. Their form of “caring” is based on various forms and degrees of political/financial control that inevitably diminishes the real opportunities tied to individual economic growth and independence.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Well considering large similar employers in 5/3 market (Cincinnati and Ohio) like Anthem, Nationwide and Cincinnati insurance all raised their minimum wages to $15 hour about three years ago. That probably had something to do with it. In addition you can go be a barista at Starbucks for 15 per hour. I would assume about three years ago the quality of their employees started to decline fairly rapidly.

So you're saying market driven competition for employees and not government imposed mandates is ultimately beneficial to workers? I agree.

Let's be clear here. The OP and the rest of you cons are not happy that people were given bonuses, you're happy because you think this sudden gratuity is proof that trickle down works. That gratuity amounts to .004 of their cash and short term investments they hold.

Let's be clear here. The OP and the rest of you cons are not happy that people were given bonuses, you're happy because you think this sudden gratuity is proof that trickle down works. That gratuity amounts to .004 of their cash and short term investments they hold.
Says the guy bitching about people getting money

Reactions: 19MU88
What kind of bonus did you give?

I

Just curious.

I believe you're more than just curious.
my-gay-friend-told-me-that-guys-buy-him-drinks-at-bars-regularly-61848.gif

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- AT&T has announced layoff’s affecting people in five states, including Missouri.

Just days before Christmas, hundreds of people in the metro found out they will be out of jobs come Jan. 4.

On Dec. 16, the company announced a surplus affecting an estimated 600 employees in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio.

the same night AT&T announced $1,000 bonuses for more than 200,000 U.S. employees in response to the GOP Tax Plan passing. Those recently notified of these job cuts say the bonuses seem like a slap in the face.

It’s a tax cut for 80% of tax payers. Rich poor middle class. I’m not the one using talking points. I’m using facts from non partisan sources

It's a tax cut for the rich. The only reason they threw a morsel to others is so they could sell it to their uninformed base. We both know that.

According to the calculators I've used, I'm getting a tax cut of around $3,400. Thanks, Mr. President!

Reactions: 19MU88
Like I said before, nothing quite as amusing and predictable as watching cons set aside their "concern" for national debt in order to embrace a tax cut.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT