ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Tournament

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
The SEC leads all conferences with 10 teams in the NCAA baseball tournament. The Sun Belt has four teams (Coastal, Troy, Southern Miss, Louisiana), which is the fifth highest total in a conference.

The Pac 12 had five teams get in including cold-weather programs Washington, Oregon (a former Marshall pitcher's nephew is their star center fielder), and Oregon State.

The Big 10 had three teams get in. Conference USA had two teams (Dallas Baptist and Charlotte), as did the American. The MAC had one (Kent State got screwed and was one of the final four out for an at-large bid).

Reactions: ohio herd
The talent in the SEC is absurd.

LSU will almost certainly have the top two picks in the draft (Dylan Crews and Paul Skenes); plus Wyatt Langford (Florida), Chase Dollander (Tennessee), and Jacob Gonzalez (Ole Miss) are likely top ten picks as well.

The talent in the SEC is absurd.

LSU will almost certainly have the top two picks in the draft (Dylan Crews and Paul Skenes); plus Wyatt Langford (Florida), Chase Dollander (Tennessee), and Jacob Gonzalez (Ole Miss) are likely top ten picks as well.
What Vitello has done at Tennessee is impressive. I was in Chicago last week and took a guy who works for me to a Mets/Cubs game. He told me that he grew up with and is good friends with Vitello. Said his personality is opposite of what his team acts like on the field.

Then, a couple of days later, I was on a flight with and shared a ride to a hotel with Max Scherzer. Vitello was his pitching coach in college (and he talked about how Rizzo was the guy who drafted him).

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
bs-bs-meter.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT