ADVERTISEMENT

Be interesting to see how this reads on the forum...

I'm not one of those that hates on WVU too often (I honestly don't pay them much mind)... But I am looking forward to the reaction next year when they are getting rolled by Cincinnati, UCF, etc in the new not-so-big 12/CUSA 2005 edition.
The more things change, the more they stay the same. History is repeating itself.

MU fandom and Spamiteism are polar opposites. MU fans, most of them, know sports. Follow not just MU, but both sports nationally. And, sad to say, MU fans, despite having, generally, solid programs, can find something to bitch about in anything.

Spamies, are totally different. The amount of purely stupid things that the lap dog media puts out about USPAM is so huge that to buy in you have to either be purely ignorant of sports (the majority) or willing to have a child like buy in to things you really know better than to believe.

Thus USPAM social media and boards are our opposite. Every recruit is a five star. Every coach is a super genius. Every facility is world class. The programs are "self-supporting". It really is just one big circle jerk. So every player that left or leaves is being "run off" and "not good enough". So on.

As to history, from when USPAM moved out of the SoCon in the mid 60s to when it became one of the Little 8, the theme has been the same. Various mid-major leagues and independent quasi-leagues were "the same as the ACC or SEC" and beating Rutgers, or Temple, or East Carolina, or whatever was the same as beating Alabama, or Ohio State, etc. Knowledgeable football fans will know that, as Finebaum has stated, the new formula really is a Power 4, one in the middle (Big 12 3.0) getting the status of P5 because of teams that are no longer in it, and the G5. This is just like the last version of the "Big East" the Lesserleastleftovers, given a status in the BcS it did not deserve, for the same reasons.

They are incapable of adult thought or criticism of their program. Criticism leads to critical thinking and critical thinking leads to intellect. And intellect leads one to no longer be a Spamite.

Ohhh, the irony.
Yes, there are a handful of mindless MU fans. People, like yourself, that know little about sports, and think posters and slogans matter; want to play multiple bowl games, and are CONVINCED, with no evidence what so ever, that we will return to our winning ways. Because the coach keeps winning press conferences, and isn't mean ole Doc.

Reactions: Marine03
Congratulations, no matter how you justify it ( should be tougher, vtech will be worse, stay off social media) you guys ( and you know who you are) had a big hand in running our QB off. Hope you are happy and get the results you want next year.

But that did not happen! Change your narrative to something else

There's no reasoning with Pike when it comes to Wells... That's his boy for whatever reason regardless of performance or game outcome.

Like Stowers with Doc... Etc.

Some guys just have "their guy" and they aren't gonna hear any different.

Thats 100% the problem. Fans need to either admit their guy isn't the greatest or someone they didn't like, wasn't as bad as they claim.
Hell, some dude keeps telling me Cato's wrong for giving Legg any credit for his success.
Thats the type of idiot fan MU can't afford to have.
It's one thing to disagree and its another to place their personal beliefs and lack of knowledge of the interior workings of the program because their source (whom they won't name) says something, which could just be they full of sh*t hoping to push across some stupid agenda/point.

The Landon column can absolutely have a modicum of wisdom to it, whether it directly applies to these particular instances or not. There’s a toxic culture that normalizes trolling players or coaches simply because they know a social media handle. We had a basketball player get spammed last year by an internet troll with a gambling problem. It was out of control. And it happens elsewhere. That’s not good, period. But that needs to be the exception and not blend in with the faceless accounts that tend to nit-pick criticism and drive personal narratives.

Everyone needs to have some thick skin because it’s a cruel, cruel world out there, but that doesn’t mean we all can’t try to be a little more mindful before hitting “send.”

Reactions: Herd1972
Yes, there are a handful of mindless MU fans. People, like yourself, that know little about sports, and think posters and slogans matter; want to play multiple bowl games, and are CONVINCED, with no evidence what so ever, that we will return to our winning ways. Because the coach keeps winning press conferences, and isn't mean ole Doc.
And you still do nothing but complain. What are YOUR answers, since you know sooo much about sports. Answer: None. you know nothing…but complaints. You offer nothing… but complaints. Because you’re a loser.

Weird. I didn’t mention Doc. Take your own advice. Doc was an idiot. No reason to talk about him. Let’s move on.

Weird. I didn’t mention Doc. Take your own advice. Doc was an idiot. No reason to talk about him. Let’s move on.
So, after all season of excuse making, you finally admit that this failed season is on CH. There may be hope for you yet. Yes, this underperforming, bad, mediocre season was the fault of CH. And, as such, there is no real reason to believe different will come. Oh, it might. Might not. Don't know. Do know this season. Mediocre, bad, poorly coached, underconditioned, lazy, and awful.

This season. The one CH is responsible for.

So, after all season of excuse making, you finally admit that this failed season is on CH. There may be hope for you yet. Yes, this underperforming, bad, mediocre season was the fault of CH. And, as such, there is no real reason to believe different will come. Oh, it might. Might not. Don't know. Do know this season. Mediocre, bad, poorly coached, underconditioned, lazy, and awful.

This season. The one CH is responsible for.
Don’t put words in my mouth loser. This was no more the fault of CH in his first season as it was Docs terrible start in his first season.

I’m Simply reminding you of your usual hypocrisy of not taking your own advice. If you want to talk about Doc. Just let me know. More than happy to discuss his mediocrity if you wish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT