ADVERTISEMENT

Be Nice To Your Students, GK

Jan 30, 2017
Middle schoolers in Ohio allegedly put urine and semen in crepes that they made in home-ec and served to teachers:

https://www.the-leader.com/news/201...t-of-urine-semen-in-crepes-served-to-teachers

My question is this: Why the fvck are teachers eating food that their filthy, disgusting middle schoolers made? It's not even a concern about urine or semen but just that kids that age touching your food is gross. I won't even eat food prepared by family members (except for my mother), neighbors, friends, etc. Eating food that a bunch of rugrats made? Gross.

I never consider eating food other people bring into work. About once a month, they have these different food things, like Mexican day, pasta day. No way will I eat it. I see these people every day for the last 20 years, picking their ass, playing with their nuts, flicking boogers. One has to assume if they do that here at work, it's a hell of a lot worst at home.

I won't even eat out at a buffet anymore, unless it has a decent setup, where the food is somewhat protected from people sneezing and coughing into it. Buffets should be for fat people only, which, to some extent, they already are. They just don't have it written out on the sign out front.

Of course, I have no problem eating McDonalds or Burger King. I can't see Jermaine spitting on my cheeseburger, because they put him in the back.

I can't see Jermaine spitting on my cheeseburger, because they put him in the back.

Well, that and because you don’t like being around black people, so you can’t see them doing anything.

. . . and because Herdman told me they are lazy and don’t really do anything.

The funny thing is, this happened in the Olentangy School district, which is supposedly rated as one of the top schools in Ohio. I've got Facebook friends who's children attend Olentangy schools and are embarrassed as hell over this.

Kids are driven by peer approval. Throw that in with the fact that kids do things in groups that they would never do individually and this could happen anywhere.

Reactions: big_country90
Kids are driven by peer approval. Throw that in with the fact that kids do things in groups that they would never do individually and this could happen anywhere.
why are you stopping at applebees on a field trip? that's ridiculous for 4th graders. Spoiling these kids like that is what leads to this kind of thing. Next thing you know entitlied spoiled brats and they are not respecting the teachers and then doing grotesque acts like this.

Applebee’s is spoiling children? I’d consider that more of a punishment than spoiling.
says who? Mr High Society. When you are in 4th grade that is pretty fancy and most of us never got to do anything like growing up. Getting a Ginos pizza was a something special. 4th graders don't need to be going to Applebees on a field trip. That's what wrong with these kids and younger generations like the millennial. We had to work to go to Bob Evans once a month. That was when I was first married. What ever happened to peanut butter and jelley in a brown bag?

why are you stopping at applebees on a field trip? that's ridiculous for 4th graders. Spoiling these kids like that is what leads to this kind of thing. Next thing you know entitlied spoiled brats and they are not respecting the teachers and then doing grotesque acts like this.

The school did provide the students a brown bag lunch. The students ate that prior to participating in the exhibits at the BECM. The school likes for field trips that do not return to school in time for the busses to take them home and that will take them past the their traditional dinner time to feed the kids prior to their return.

As far as spoiling the kids, their choice for dinner (that was selected by the students several weeks in advance) was either chicken tenders, corn dogs, or cheeseburgers. Hardly the spoiling type fare.

says who? Mr High Society.

Hardly. I ate at Outback last night, which though a step up from Applebee's, is far from "high society." I'll eat at Applebee's. I am not picky. It's definitely not a top 50 chain restaurant choice for me. I think the last time I ate there was as a senior in college. I took a hot softball player there, that inexplicably, I hadn't hooked up with until that night.

It's just that claiming Applebee's is spoiling children is a bit absurd.

jelley in a brown bag?

And by "jelley," he means jelly.

for the busses

And by "busses," he means buses . . . unless this is 1960 or he took two years of German in high school decades ago, in which case, he can claim to be fluent in it and spell things however he wants.

Reactions: GK4Herd
Hardly. I ate at Outback last night, which though a step up from Applebee's, is far from "high society." I'll eat at Applebee's. I am not picky. It's definitely not a top 50 chain restaurant choice for me. I think the last time I ate there was as a senior in college. I took a hot softball player there, that inexplicably, I hadn't hooked up with until that night.

It's just that claiming Applebee's is spoiling children is a bit absurd.

And by "jelley," he means jelly.

And by "busses," he means buses . . . unless this is 1960 or he took two years of German in high school decades ago, in which case, he can claim to be fluent in it and spell things however he wants.
I was using the Old English "jelley" which is a surname. That is who "jelly" is named after. They dropped the "e" in the 1640's.

I definitely need to reread my own posts.

Telling me to fvck off would be easier and probably more entertaining. And I don’t think rereading it would have helped. It’s a very common misspelling. In fact, some dictionaries list it as an acceptable, though outdated, alternate spelling.

. They dropped the "e" in the 1640's.

Too bad you didn’t drop the incorrect apostrophe.

why are you stopping at applebees on a field trip? that's ridiculous for 4th graders. Spoiling these kids like that is what leads to this kind of thing.

I remember when I was in first or second grade, we went to Burger Queen. Not Burger KING, but goddamn Burger QUEEN. Third grade we went to Squire Boone Caverns (that's the next county over, out in the sticks). PB&J that sat in the bus getting hot and runny while we were in the cave and the gift shop.

Reactions: i am herdman

I don;t know where the hell you grew up, but I don't recall any peer pressure to jizz in any food products.

The spelling changed when they started forcing the white kids to ride with the black kids.

Are you trading in the Altima 2.5 SE for a Volkswagon?

I remember when I was in first or second grade, we went to Burger Queen. Not Burger KING, but goddamn Burger QUEEN. Third grade we went to Squire Boone Caverns (that's the next county over, out in the sticks). PB&J that sat in the bus getting hot and runny while we were in the cave and the gift shop.

Hakeem approves

e252e0832182b8312e79470e747edeed.jpg

Telling me to fvck off would be easier and probably more entertaining. And I don’t think rereading it would have helped. It’s a very common misspelling. In fact, some dictionaries list it as an acceptable, though outdated, alternate spelling.

I know you set the standard low for everyone, but yeah, if I reread it I would have spelled it correctly. Here’s the thing, I know you enjoy correcting people’s grammar. But a reasonable person understands from reading everyone’s posts through the years who has a grasp on grammar and who doesn’t even if they mistakenly type your for you’re or there for their. So we don’t criticize those who don’t know better because it would be mean-spirited. We ignore and forgive those mistakes from people who know better because...well...we know they know better.

For most people the goal to communicate their point is what the board is about, not submitting a paper for college credit. Pullman is the typed version of a bunch of guys talking over beers.

I suspect the real issue here is that there are some people who have this strong need to feel superior. I’m no Freud, but I suspect that is related to a deep-rooted feeling of inadequacy. I mean, why would someone actually google the word “busses” and find from Merriam Webster that the word became archaic in 1961, so responded that this must be 1960. That’s next level inadequacy.

But since you made the suggestion, f*** off.

:)

Dang GK.

Also, rifle, you have no business telling people where to put apostrophes. Tis’ something you suck at.

I suspect the real issue here is that there are some people who have this strong need to feel superior. I’m no Freud, but I suspect that is related to a deep-rooted feeling of inadequacy. I mean, why would someone actually google the word “busses” and find from Merriam Webster that the word became archaic in 1961, so responded that this must be 1960. That’s next level inadequacy.

Or I was a director/partner in a company which owned over 400 vehicles in multiple offices, more than half of which were motorcoaches and mini-buses. When I first came on board, the division that I was in charge of (sales for all offices) had very limited marketing material. When I insisted that some be produced, that task was given to the director of human resources. Why? Probably because she had the least amount of work of all of the directors. The result? One of the brochures came back discussing specifics about our fleet of different busses," and I refused to have my division distribute them until they were reproduced.

And for my 1960s comment? It was the same way I knew that "busses" was spelled incorrectly yet knew it was an alternative spelling. Knowing that it was spelled wrong, I didn't have to look it up. It was all from knowledge I had gained a dozen years ago from the situation above.

Yeah, you should have just stuck with "fvck off." I mean, Christ, after this many years, do you think my intelligence is gleaned from Googling things on here hoping to find a mistake every one of your morons make, and I just happened to find one by you?

Or I was a director/partner in a company which owned over 400 vehicles in multiple offices, more than half of which were motorcoaches and mini-buses. When I first came on board, the division that I was in charge of (sales for all offices) had very limited marketing material. When I insisted that some be produced, that task was given to the director of human resources. Why? Probably because she had the least amount of work of all of the directors. The result? One of the brochures came back discussing specifics about our fleet of different busses," and I refused to have my division distribute them until they were reproduced.

And for my 1960s comment? It was the same way I knew that "busses" was spelled incorrectly yet knew it was an alternative spelling. Knowing that it was spelled wrong, I didn't have to look it up. It was all from knowledge I had gained a dozen years ago from the situation above.

Yeah, you should have just stuck with "fvck off." I mean, Christ, after this many years, do you think my intelligence is gleaned from Googling things on here hoping to find a mistake every one of your morons make, and I just happened to find one by you?
That's 10,000,000 worth of vehicles, give or take. That's being conservative for buses. It might be at least double that.

Last edited:
That's 10,000,000 worth of vehicles, give or take. That's being conservative for buses. It might be at least double that.

Bullshit should be one word. And yes, that's a very conservative number you used. At the time, we were the 14th largest privately held ground transportation in the country (and some of the ones ahead on that list weren't really private, as they were funded and partially owned by other companies). At the time, we had over 400 vehicles in three offices and service in over 500 cities worldwide through our affiliates. I believe they have sold off two of the offices to a publicly traded company yet still have about 150 vehicles.

Of those 400 vehicles, more than half were motorcoaches and mini-buses (mini-buses ranged from 13 passenger van terras to 31 passenger mini-buses and others in between that size . . . most were 25 passenger minis). We also had a fleet of a couple of dozen of passenger vans, a dozen or two of SUVs, a dozen or so of stretch limousines, and many dozens of luxury sedans (almost all were Cadillacs, but we had some Mercedes S classes).

In one of our offices, we used over 20 mini-buses per day for routes for a university and at least 15 for two other universities. We had over a dozen used daily for a local hospital center. The biggest move I ever did was for a company owned by the owner of the NHL's and NBA's Atlanta teams. They had 1200 employees that needed transportation from five of their offices around the country to local airports. However, they were each able to bring a guest on the trip, so the actual number was over 2000 people. I then chartered planes for all of them from each of their local airports to fly to San Francisco. In San Fran, they needed about 40 motorcoaches for about 16 hours per day for the week. And the head of their events department who was the final say in them giving me all of their business years prior? She gave me head in San Fran one night.

One of my offices was not in San Fran, so I used our affiliate's fleet in San Francisco. That owner's fleet? For just ONE account, he had over 250 motorcoaches and mini-buses every day taking about 10,000 employees to/from work on numerous routes throughout the region. Again, every day, he was using over 250 motorcoaches and mini-buses for just one account to provide transportation for his client's employees.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT