ADVERTISEMENT

I try to be open minded

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
I have a California Tree Hugging Liberal Neighbor. I like her and bless her heart she is always trying to educate the neighbors and trying to get us to look at the other side of the poltical spectrum. Hell, I listen and being the curious type and well rounded leader I am, I say ok let's hear it.

So she shares this article with me about a candidate for the Democrat nomination named Tom Steyer. I think she likes him because she is a Global Warming and Earth is Done For Member. More than GK is even. Anyway this Steyer guy who is probably in last place is worth $1.6 Billion dollars. Rich Democrat.

So, I am reading Steyers remarks abouth the debate and I am like ok, I can listen. He says Bernie and Pocahontas want too big of a government takeover of the economy and heatlhcare and that is not the answer. OK, valid. He even goes on to say they must defeat Trump. Ok, I can go with it. He is a Democrat and on the other side so he should tryo to win. I get that.

But, here is where these people lose me. He says the Mother Earth is dying and basically doomed.

Ok, lost me there Steyer. Do you all really believe that crap? Doomed? As it finished and turn the lights out the party is over? We caused it? Like mass panic oh shit we are hosed?

That stuff is garbage. Here is some dude worth a billion or more telling me we are doomed. Eat a Dick, Mr Leer Jet. If we were doomed why don't you take $1.4 billion and try to fix or cure it? That stil leaves you a $100 million.

He must not think we are that doomed. IF we were that doomed why is he wasting time on a debate stage? I would be building a bunker with oxygen and food if I had a billion or more.

Pathetic, scare tactics and educated people fall for this shit.

Reactions: Sistersville111
Between what Steyer says and claiming that man has no impact on this planet's issues, I would have to side with Steyer. It's pretty difficult to wrap my head the position that our pollution has zero impact on this world.

That ^^^^ is how you say it. How did STEYER actually say it?
that we need to act now to save our dying planet(that was in a letter to her, I won;t share the rest)

“We’ve got to stop talking about this, we have to turn the page to action and we should do it Day One by calling it a state of emergency,” Steyer told NBC News in an interview.

“That’s where we are. That’s where the people of America have got to go together.”

According to Steyer, he would “give Congress 100 days to pass a Green New Deal” before using executive authority impose new energy efficiency standards on and redirect federal funding to climate projects.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT