ADVERTISEMENT

I just want to eat my biscuit

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
I am beginning to believe that this is a West Virginia thing. I’m eating my morning breakfast biscuit when two complete strangers stop by my table to chat.

The first was considerably older than I am and he proceeded to tell me that people are obsessed with their phones. He also told me Frank Sinatra was banging Nancy Reagan, the mob killed the Kennedy brothers, and there is a multi national conspiracy to cut down all the trees. I never spoke, just nodded my head for ten minutes while my coffee got cold.

The second stranger told me he had a hip replacement and showed me the new cane he bought. He praised his doctor and asked me if I thought he would have to have physical therapy.

I must look like someone who cares about others problems. I don’t.

not much worse than someone, whether you know them or not, filling your head with a bunch of information that you couldn't give the least shit about. i typically ask them to skip the details and get to the point. in yore case, i guess all the details was the point.

should've thrown yore biscuit and luke warm coffee at them since you couldn't enjoy it and barged out.

I thought my story was concluded, but when I went to leave the restaurant and get in my vehicle, the first stranger ran up to me carrying two large framed photographs. Not sure where the photos came from; he must have retrieved them from his car. The first was of large chestnut trees he said once grew in abundance in West Virginia forests. The second photograph was of a young girl in her 20s who he said he wished he had married. According to him, she had become a millionaire. You can’t make this stuff up.

I am beginning to believe that this is a West Virginia thing. I’m eating my morning breakfast biscuit when two complete strangers stop by my table to chat.

The first was considerably older than I am and he proceeded to tell me that people are obsessed with their phones. He also told me Frank Sinatra was banging Nancy Reagan, the mob killed the Kennedy brothers, and there is a multi national conspiracy to cut down all the trees. I never spoke, just nodded my head for ten minutes while my coffee got cold.

The second stranger told me he had a hip replacement and showed me the new cane he bought. He praised his doctor and asked me if I thought he would have to have physical therapy.

I must look like someone who cares about others problems. I don’t.
Nice talking to you this morning, geezer.

I was going to guess the one guy was Raoul since he was talking about crazy conspiracy theories and shit. Who knows? Maybe it was . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT