ADVERTISEMENT

Bennett

Bennett is a perfect example of why "fandom" is kindof stupid... He came in with a ton of hype. Everyone expected him to be a beast immediately and dominate games. Instead, he had to spend a year losing weight, getting in shape, and learning to play offense when you aren't the tallest guy on the floor by four inches, so people got down on him.

Now, his hard work is paying off. His minutes are more productive and he is becoming a force on the offensive end, especially when he is able to bully guys on the block with a drop step.

Is he ever going to be Patrick Ewing? - No. Is he a good player with potential to be a force for us the next couple of years? - Absolutely.

Fans judge players on the most recent game and apply the results to the rest of their career. A few people had relegated George to the bench earlier this season. The last few games the kid has really looked good. Bennett was never going to contribute...a role player someone said...and now he’s really looking like a player with potential. Now we have Williams being dismissed. It’s such a myopic view. Fans need to take a longer view on these kids than the last game. A great game doesn’t make them the next coming anymore than a bad one makes them a bench player for the Washington Nationals.

Fans judge players on the most recent game and apply the results to the rest of their career. A few people had relegated George to the bench earlier this season. The last few games the kid has really looked good. Bennett was never going to contribute...a role player someone said...and now he’s really looking like a player with potential. Now we have Williams being dismissed. It’s such a myopic view. Fans need to take a longer view on these kids than the last game. A great game doesn’t make them the next coming anymore than a bad one makes them a bench player for the Washington Nationals.
Sam already passed judgement on this bball team.....before the season even started.

MU fans judge teams based on their absolute lowest performance and use that to measure their success for years, regardless of relevancy or not.

Sustic has left the team. He wants to play and, obviously, there is no spot for him. Said he is going to sit out a semester and then transfer. I hate that for him, as he is a good kid and really, really worked hard in practice. He sat next to me the first day he was here; lost his daddy in the Croation Wars.

Reactions: sistersville
What? Hadn’t heard......can someone confirm?

giphy.gif

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
As long as Iran keeps the weight off and stays healthy, he can be a force. He has to average more that 10 minutes a half to be anywhere near when he has to be.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
He logged 27 mins yesterday. He went up against 2 really large guys and acquitted himself well. He will be a difference maker come conference slate.....

Reactions: Timtnt9
He logged 27 mins yesterday. He went up against 2 really large guys and acquitted himself well. He will be a difference maker come conference slate.....
Iran is an elite defender. He clogs the paint and most of the time opposing teams do not challenge him with penetration. He plays great defense against most bigs around the basket. His offensive skills however are very very limited. He really needs to develop a 10 to 15 foot face up game and he will be unstoppable in a couple of years. It just depends on his commitment. His footwork is amazing for his size.

Iran is an elite defender. He clogs the paint and most of the time opposing teams do not challenge him with penetration. He plays great defense against most bigs around the basket. His offensive skills however are very very limited. He really needs to develop a 10 to 15 foot face up game and he will be unstoppable in a couple of years. It just depends on his commitment. His footwork is amazing for his size.

I will tell you he is very committed to working as hard as he can to get better.

I will tell you he is very committed to working as hard as he can to get better.
Not so much... he needs to get in the gym. He did not spend much time in the gym last summer actually working on his game. He is very blessed to have size like he does. He could be a Karl Malone type player if he works hard. I know him well and he is a great kid. Hopefully he will figure it out

Not so much... he needs to get in the gym. He did not spend much time in the gym last summer actually working on his game. He is very blessed to have size like he does. He could be a Karl Malone type player if he works hard. I know him well and he is a great kid. Hopefully he will figure it out
I do too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT