ADVERTISEMENT

Bernie Sanders’s estate tax plan would reduce the federal debt and help even the playing field

Yes, liarherdfan, you idiot. If they can't get enough out of a business worth $16 million to pay 3.5 million for taxes and have some left over, they don't deserve the business.

Your feeble understanding of business finance demonstrates why you never grew your business beyond the size of an over-sized garage.

You think a business "valued" at $16mil just happens to have $3.5 million in cash lying around to pay an additional tax bill?

Reactions: 19MU88
You think a business "valued" at $16mil just happens to have $3.5 million in cash lying around to pay an additional tax bill?

No, liarherdfan, you idiot. If it's worth 16 mil, they can sell it if they don't want to, or can't, keep it.

No, liarherdfan, you idiot. If it's worth 16 mil, they can sell it if they don't want to, or can't, keep it.

??"They can sell it if they don't want to"....?? You really have no idea what you are even saying do you?
You continue to demonstrate that your the idiot here. The point is, should a family who helped build a business be forced to sell all or part of it when they want to maintain full ownership, stay in the business, and grow it further?

??"They can sell it if they don't want to"....?? You really have no idea what you are even saying do you?

You, liarherdfan, don't have to pretend to be an idiot. We already know you are.

The point is, should a family who helped build a business be forced to sell all or part of it when they want to maintain full ownership, stay in the business, and grow it further?

No, they shouldn't be forced to sell all or part of it, as long as they pay the estate tax. If they can't, tough luck. They should have planned better.

You, liarherdfan, don't have to pretend to be an idiot. We already know you are.

No, they shouldn't be forced to sell all or part of it, as long as they pay the estate tax. If they can't, tough luck. They should have planned better.

We should say the same about your f'in health insurance. You failed at the financial side of life and can't provide health insurance for you and your wife. Because of your failure and poor planning we should just let you die if you get sick. Sound good?

I know you are but what am I?

That's the level we're on now it seems, right.

It’s the only way Greed knows how to participate on the board. It seems his brief time away from the board, HC getting beat in the election again and his “semi retired” business outcome made him an even bigger asshole than he was before.

I actually have empathy for him.

Greed certainly is proud of his stupidity, on this board only rivaled by Cuntry

We should say the same about your f'in health insurance.

What do you mean by "should"?^^^ That's EXACTLY what you and the vast majority of cons have said and believed and have done for years, not only for me but for every other human being on the planet. It's a part of why your entire philosophy is detestable, and can be summed up by "don't abort the babies, but once they're born they're on their own."

What do you mean by "should"?^^^ That's EXACTLY what you and the vast majority of cons have said and believed and have done for years, not only for me but for every other human being on the planet. It's a part of why your entire philosophy is detestable, and can be summed up by "don't abort the babies, but once they're born they're on their own."
So now according to liberals like you a fetus is 25 years old?

How is my money someone else's? Good gravy, man

Greed's philosophy is that the money is/was never yours. It is the govt's. Of course, that is the standard economic philosophy for a majority of individuals who look to blame others for their own shortcomings.

So you borrowed money from your clients instead of getting paid for your work?

Maybe it'll be simple enough for you to understand this way: if YOU borrow money and give it to ME, was it previously my money ??

Maybe it'll be simple enough for you to understand this way: if YOU borrow money and give it to ME, was it previously my money ??

In a fractional reserve banking system, like here in the US, the simple answer to your question is: yes, quite possibly.

As everyone knows, we're paying more for this govt than what we're bringing in. So we have to borrow. Soon the interest on that debt will exceed what we're paying for the military:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/business/economy/us-government-debt-interest.html

This concept of estate taxes isn't new....and we desperately need more revenue. We're at full employment so it's not like more adding folks to the ranks of the employed will provide more tax revenue. Tax cuts generally generate more opportunities = more jobs which more employed will generate more revenue. This one has not.

Estate taxes are a way to go. "They aren't fair". Agreed....they're not. Neither are capital gains taxes.....but revenue is required to run the govt - it's not just tax cuts. Again, I point to Mr. Stockman - Reagan's budget director from a few years ago:

As everyone knows, we're paying more for this govt than what we're bringing in. So we have to borrow. Soon the interest on that debt will exceed what we're paying for the military:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/business/economy/us-government-debt-interest.html

This concept of estate taxes isn't new....and we desperately need more revenue. We're at full employment so it's not like more adding folks to the ranks of the employed will provide more tax revenue. Tax cuts generally generate more opportunities = more jobs which more employed will generate more revenue. This one has not.

Estate taxes are a way to go. "They aren't fair". Agreed....they're not. Neither are capital gains taxes.....but revenue is required to run the govt - it's not just tax cuts. Again, I point to Mr. Stockman - Reagan's budget director from a few years ago:
Yeah god forbid we actually CUT spending. We just need to bring in more money

Reactions: caliherd
Yeah god forbid we actually CUT spending. We just need to bring in more money
I agree...reducing expenses needs to be done as well. I believe Trump is attempting to do that with his actions in the middle east and Korea, and I hope he's successful with both - they have to be huge expenses for the tax payer. His ability to get NATO nations to spend more is good....but I don't know if it's reduced our obligation. Hell, I believe the China tariffs are on the right track.

However, it's not like these estate taxes haven't been done in the past. They were higher "when America was great". We shouldn't automatically nix the idea/concept.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/trump-tax-cuts-federal-revenues-deficits/

"the government did better on revenues and deficits in the year after Trump's tax cuts went into effect than it did in Obama's last year in office"

"What is unmistakable from the data, however, is that the Trump tax cuts are not entirely, or even mostly, responsible for the increase in the deficit. Blame for that rests squarely with spendthrifts in Congress — on both sides of the aisle — who refuse to bring federal spending under control."

Blame for that rests squarely with spendthrifts in Congress — on both sides of the aisle — who refuse to bring federal spending under control."

Theoretically, Congress is voting to spend to provide the level of government people want. People should understand they need to pay taxes appropriate to that level. Unfortunately, people would be happier with zero taxes and a bankrupt nation.

One day we will have to pay the piper. And it is going to be ugly.

When the government has to borrow the money for your tax cut, it never was YOUR money.

Then the government needs to reduce spending.

At my tax rates roughly 15-20 minutes plus of every hour I work goes to fund government spending at various levels. I'll never be convinced that anything more than that is reasonable outside of government somehow finding a way to better my life in ways yet to even be imagined. (Which I don't think is the role of government)

The only way well ever get a government that spends within its resources is to implement term limits. As long as public "servants " are able to become millionaires simply by staying in federal office long enough, there will never be enough motivation to cut trim the fat because those borrowed dollars buy votes.

Edit: not to mention EVERY DOLLAR of tax I pay is my money. Just because the government isn't a good steward of that money, doesn't make it any less mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: i am herdman
But the money you're getting from the tax cut is borrowed money. And that money was never yours.
The money my employer pays me for what I do is mine! The government has nothing to do with that, Joseph Stalin. That is an agreement between me and my employer. Damn it, you are crazy

The money my employer pays me for what I do is mine! The government has nothing to do with that, Joseph Stalin. That is an agreement between me and my employer. Damn it, you are crazy

Your employer is not the one giving you a tax cut paid for by borrowing money, trumptard. The government is doing that.

Your employer is not the one giving you a tax cut paid for by borrowing money, trumptard. The government is doing that.
You commie, the employer says if you do this I will give you X. What the hell does that have to do with the government. That money is mine you Bolshevik.

You commie, the employer says if you do this I will give you X. What the hell does that have to do with the government. That money is mine you Bolshevik.

You idiot. If the tax cut you're getting came from your employer, it wouldn't increase the national debt.

You continue to demonstrate that your the idiot here.

Liarherdfan, don’t mock the intelligence of others when you don’t even know the proper use of “your” vs. “you’re.” Even your ITT daughter knows the difference.

I actually have empathy for him.

No, you have sympathy for him, not empathy. If you have empathy, that means you share his exact feelings. If he is mad about something and you empathize with him, that means you’re also mad. If he is jealous of something and you empathize with him, that means you also share that same feeling of jealousy.

You don’t empathize with him for being what you perceive is an asshole nor do you empathize with the reasons you believe make him act like an asshole in your eyes. You sympathize with him - feel sorry for him - for being like that.

God, you’re such a simpleton. Your vs. your: empathize vs. sympathize. You just aren’t a bright guy, yet you have the audacity to call somebody else an “idiot.”

My mom lives in Madison park, very desirable neighborhood, off of park road and her property taxes just more than doubled

Now, wait a minute. Not that long ago, you claimed that you just randomly got lucky and were selected to go to a very wealthy high school but actually grew up in a rough neighborhood.

Now, you claim mommy lives in a “very desirable neighborhood”? Moving on up, are you?

Now, wait a minute. Not that long ago, you claimed that you just randomly got lucky and were selected to go to a very wealthy high school but actually grew up in a rough neighborhood.

Now, you claim mommy lives in a “very desirable neighborhood”? Moving on up, are you?
Yeah things never change over the course of 15-20 years

No, you have sympathy for him, not empathy. If you have empathy, that means you share his exact feelings. If he is mad about something and you empathize with him, that means you’re also mad. If he is jealous of something and you empathize with him, that means you also share that same feeling of jealousy.

You don’t empathize with him for being what you perceive is an asshole nor do you empathize with the reasons you believe make him act like an asshole in your eyes. You sympathize with him - feel sorry for him - for being like that.

God, you’re such a simpleton. Your vs. your: empathize vs. sympathize. You just aren’t a bright guy, yet you have the audacity to call somebody else an “idiot.”[/QUOTE]

Man, you call someone else a "simpleton"? You want to try your definitions again?

Unfortunately, "empathy" isn't really "feeling" the exact same as the other person. Empathy is UNDERSTANDING what the others feelings, words, actions are.

After reading Greed's posts on here for years, I completely understand why he is the way he is. Its easy to understand why he is an asshole, (and why I actually have zero sympathy for him). However, maybe I should actually feel sympathy for you, attempting to join this thread and not fully understanding the concept you are desperately trying to discuss...and looking like THE idiot.

Before calling someone else a "simpleton" try performing the simple task of at least looking up the definitions. Here are a couple quick examples.

"Empathy is the experience of understanding another person's thoughts, feelings, and condition from his or her point of view, rather than from one's own."

To sum it all up …
The differences between the most commonly used meanings of these two terms is:

• sympathy is feeling compassion, sorrow, or pity for the hardships that another person encounters
    • empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of another, which is why actors often talk about it.

Last edited:

I'D FORGOTTEN ABOUT STOCKMAN - THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW TO KNOW THAT REAGONIMICS TRICKLE DOWN BUSH TAX CUTS TRUMP TAX CUTS & REPUBLICAN ECONOMICS IN GENERAL IS NOTHING
MORE THAN A FRAUD.

DEMS SHOULD JUST ROLL TAPE/QUOTE STOCKMAN ANY TIME A REUBLICAN STARTS TALKING ABOUT THE ECONOMY DEBT OR PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING ELSE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT