ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Brings Back the Obama Civilian Drone Program

Odd they won't release the name of the targets we took out. Probably the local Taliban pizza delivery guy and his cousin. Or they are just launching drone strikes.

fig4-1-300w.gif

Reactions: ThunderCat98

The Organization and Structure of the Military​

IN THE UNITED STATES, every soldier, sailor, airman, and marine is under a chain of command that begins with the president. This chain of command is complex, to be sure, but the thread that runs from the highest elected official to the lowest-ranking soldier is never broken. The national chain of command encompasses two different branches (operational and administrative) and four different services (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force). The services almost always conduct operations jointly within one of six geographic and four functional commands. The following description of the U.S. chain of command is stripped down to its bare essentials and is focused on the operational commands, because civilians are likely to encounter only operational personnel on the scene of a stability operation.

The National Command Structure
fig4-1-300w.gif

The U.S. Constitution stipulates that the President is the commander-in-chief of the military. The president is assisted in the management of the military by the Secretary of Defense (SECDEF), a civilian member of the cabinet appointed by the president and confirmed by the U.S. Senate to manage the Department of Defense

The chiefs of the four uniformed services—Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps—are members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS). The president, with the advice and consent of the Senate, separately appoints the chairman (CJCS) and the vice chairman of the JCS. The CJCS is the principal military adviser to the president, the secretary of defense, and the National Security Council. The Goldwater-Nichols Act of 1986 considerably expanded the responsibilities of the JCS as a whole and of its chairman and vice chairman in particular. A growing number of joint organizations, especially the unified and combatant commands (see figure 4.1), report through the JCS. However, the CJCS does not exercise military command over any of the armed forces.

The president and the secretary of defense are assisted by the CJCS, the National Security Council (NSC), and the Joint Staff (www.jcs.mil), and they are responsible to the American people for national defense and security. As figure 4.1 shows, authority over and command and control of the armed forces is exercised through a single chain of command that separates below the secretary of defense into two distinct branches: one operational and the other administrative.

According to a report from the Washington Post, as the Taliban began taking control of Afghanistan, senior U.S. military leaders met with Taliban political leader Abdul Ghani Baradar in Doha, Qatar, where an offer was made for the United States to have control of Kabul until all U.S. troops had withdrawn; the offer was declined.

All reports I've read state the car that was hit was loaded with explosives ...which created much larger devastation.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

According to a report from the Washington Post, as the Taliban began taking control of Afghanistan, senior U.S. military leaders met with Taliban political leader Abdul Ghani Baradar in Doha, Qatar, where an offer was made for the United States to have control of Kabul until all U.S. troops had withdrawn; the offer was declined.
Wonder how many troops would be required to secure a city of 4 million people? I'm guessing that would have exposed more of the military to attacks. Of course, if that would have occurred, you be on here whining about how shitty "mush brain" Biden is....just like you are because they decided to secure a smaller, more compact, area.

For the mentally impaired or uneducated among us an operation the size of Kabul operation would take presidential authority, guidance, and approval. In addition, multiple sources are no reporting that Kabul security was offered to the USA. THat is a presidential level decision and it was turned down.
There is is going to be more that comes out that the presidential level turned down, ignored, or was derelict in.

Wonder how many troops would be required to secure a city of 4 million people? I'm guessing that would have exposed more of the military to attacks. Of course, if that would have occurred, you be on here whining about how shitty "mush brain" Biden is....just like you are because they decided to secure a smaller, more compact, area.
Well, why would we trust our security to the Taliban. You know those guys. You don't need to have the entire city under USA lockdown, you needed a perimeter controlled by USA around that airpoint. You needed Bagram to stay open or go back and get it under USA control as an alternative to Kabul airport.

They ****ed up so they could say we ended the war and look at us. From a tactical standpoint, this could even be worse.

All so Mush could say loook at me I did what no other POTUS could do. Well, guess what Chili Mac Head, that war ain't over and you got 13 service members killed, others wounded, and it could have been worse.

I know your a lying idiot. CIC doesn't make the strategic plans, gather military Intel, nor aim the guns. Oath Breaker.
The CIC is responsible for all of it, you draft dodging cock gobbler. He puts the people in place and is briefed on what is going on daily. Your president is as week as the male genes in the greed family gene pool.

The CIC is responsible for all of it, you draft dodging cock gobbler. He puts the people in place and is briefed on what is going on daily. Your president is as week as the male genes in the greed family gene pool.
CIC doesn't make the strategic plans, gather military Intel, nor aim the guns. You stupid pervtard.

Fn brietbart? Really?

Seems to me Herdman....they may have wanted an area that was more easily contained requiring fewer troops. A larger footprint would have spread our guys giving suicide bombers more targets.

Of course, I'm not aware of any projections stating the Afghan govt would totally dissolve in only 11 days.... That created the security debacle....and ensuing scramble.

We didn't have the troops there... Who knows how long it would take to get a VERY large deployment of military needed to secure a city of 4.3 million. And you have to get all those guys back out of Kabul at some point.

I can see where a smaller footprint would have been preferable.

CIC doesn't make the strategic plans, gather military Intel, nor aim the guns. You stupid pervtard.
The current CIC doesn’t do much, I’ll agree with that. This guys isn’t responsible or accountable for any damn thing. He does as his handlers instruct him to do per his own words.

The current CIC doesn’t do much, I’ll agree with that. This guys isn’t responsible or accountable for any damn thing. He does as his handlers instruct him to do per his own words.

2500 had the entire country under Afghani and US control until Mush waved the retreat flag.
You mean before the Afghan army walked off their posts and turned-in their weapons? Yes, we had 2500 alongside an Afghan army of 250K. True

Mush can change them as he obviously did. He can tell them no. He can say come up with something different. He is the one thst came up with August 31 deadline.

Damn

Reactions: Jartard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT