ADVERTISEMENT

Big Game Herd (QB's)

Treadmill MUsic

Gold Buffalo
Gold Member
Feb 29, 2012
This may make Wednesday lunch a lil better. Here is my take on former Herd quarterbacks that have stepped up and competed against big time competition. Some of our gunslingers may have lost the game, but the effort was admirable.
1. Cato vs. Maryland, (w). Virginia Tech (l), that game Cato was a player and should have won. Let's not forget his true freshman year, the Herd beat the Cards at Pizza Stadium with a late pick that was tipped by Tyson Gale and picked off by Omar Brown.
2. Brian Anderson, (2010) vs WVwho. You guys know the story. Kid played well, 20-29, 229 3 TD.
3. Jimmy Skinner, (2005) vs. Kansas State. Still lost. His 15-29, for 189 yards, with 2 picks couldn't get it done on a hot day at the Joan.
4. Stan Hill (2004) at Ohio State. Close, but covering Antonio Holmes was hopeless. I was there by the way to see Stan go 22-34, 140 yards and a touchdown pass to Brad Bates. No picks!
5. B. Leftwich (2002) vs. Louisville. Murdered the Cards. He went 22-49, 249 yards and 4 touchdowns. Despite 1 interception.
6. Chad Pennington (1999) vs. BYU. Arguably, one of the best teams in Herd History. Chad threw 17-28 for 207 yards and 1 touchdown. Oh, the (1998) win at South Carolina and a year later in (99) at Clemson...yep Chad and the Herd won!
Can or will Chase step up and pull off a shocker? For me, I will forgive him for faking a concussion vs. a sold out #3 Louisville team at the Joan. I'm sorry, allegedly faking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News