ADVERTISEMENT

big spending republicans add another $1.3t to debt on top of the $1.3t they pissed away l

country please explain the difference between the budget committee and the appropriations committee

country please explain the difference between the budget committee and the appropriations committee

An omnibus spending bill is a type of bill in the United States that packages many of the smaller regular appropriations bills into one larger single bill that could be passed with only one vote in each house. There are twelve different regular appropriations bills that need to be passed each year to fund the federal government and avoid a government shutdown; an omnibus spending bill combines one or more of those bills into a single bill.

Every year, Congress must pass bills that appropriate money for all discretionary government spending. Generally, one bill is passed for each sub-committee of the twelve subcommittees in the U.S. House Committee on Appropriations and the matching 12 subcommittees in the United States Senate Committee on Appropriations.

When Congress does not or cannot produce separate bills in a timely fashion, it will roll many of the separate appropriations bills into one omnibus spending bill.[1]:61 The deadline could be the start of the next fiscal year, October 1, or it could be some other deadline when appropriations would otherwise run out (such as a deadline set by a continuing resolution). The fiscal year of the United States is the 12-month period beginning on October 1 and ending on September 30 of the next calendar year.[2]

When Congress does not or cannot produce separate bills in a timely fashion, it will roll many of the separate appropriations bills into one omnibus spending bill.[1]:61 The deadline could be the start of the next fiscal year, October 1, or it could be some other deadline when appropriations would otherwise run out (such as a deadline set by a continuing resolution). The fiscal year of the United States is the 12-month period beginning on October 1 and ending on September 30 of the next calendar year.[2]

Just as I said. This is not a “budget”. There has not been a budget passed.

“When appropriations run out...”. Yes that’s right, a stop gap is needed to keep the government open. In this case...an omnibus spending bill. An omnibus spending bill wouldn’t be needed if a complete budget had been put in place.

Fiscal Year 2018 started back on October 1, 2017 and goes through September 30, 2018. This is a spending bill, the budget, for FY18. We are half way through FY18 already. It’s not a bill to “get us into the new fiscal year.” Good lord, you are a complete idiot. I know middle schoolers smarter than you.

Most likely a middle schooler would understand the concept of a bill that funds various budgetary items..because an budget was not created or passed.

I know middle schoolers smarter than you.

Yeah, but in fairness to Raleigh, those are middle schoolers from his daughter’s school who are destined for academic powers such as MIT, Princeton, Stanford, and Huntington Junior College *.

* Huntington JUCO’s syringe needle redistribution program is ranked higher than Harvatd’s among schools that only offer an associate degree and that start with the letter H, so clearly Huntington JUCO should be put in the same broad academic elite category as those other schools.

***Cock Lover trying desperately to offer a post that’s relevant and liked by more people than buckytard and cuntry.

After being victimized over a failure to receive free burritos for life and his cries for support on this board went up in flames like Mexican hot sauce....this is what we are left to remember: stories of burritos, men named Taz, and attempts at jokes that even “hot body” 60 year old comics wouldn’t laugh at. ******

This was a continuing resolution. You are very uninformed.

Wrong! It wasn’t a CR! F’ucking idiot. It is an omnibus appropriations bill.

It’s not a budget moron. It only funds the govt until September.

That’s not a budget.

You didn’t even realize the federal fiscal year ended on September 30th. Idiot!

It is the budget. It is an omnibus appropriations bill and becomes the federal budget. Trump wanted $25 billion for the wall, he got $1.6 billion for the wall. This is the federal budget for the wall for FY18.

Maybe this will help. No kidding, you are one of the dumbest f’ucking people I have ever interacted with on a message board.

But what is an “omnibus”?
In a normal year, Congress passes and the president signs into law 12 separate appropriations bills. These 12 bills together provide funding for the federal government. The goal is to pass all 12 bills by Oct. 1, the start of the fiscal year. However, these are not normal times; Congress has failed to pass these 12 bills in nine of the past 10 years. When Congress fails to pass these appropriations bills by October 1, funding for the federal government is usually handled by passing a continuing resolution, which provides funding at the same level as the previous fiscal year. These stopgap funding measures keep the government’s doors open while Congress works to pass a new budget.

An omnibus spending bill packages together all 12 of the appropriations bills that are supposed to be passed individually into one large spending bill, worth billions or even trillions of dollars. In addition to these 12 appropriations bills, omnibus spending bills often contain many unrelated pieces of legislation.

As a result, omnibus bills are typically hundreds or even thousands of pages long. Indeed, the version that has taken shape this week is 1,582 pages. Because of their size, omnibus bills usually only receive a cursory look by the committees charged with reviewing them. And despite a lack of understanding of what is in an omnibus, they are not usually subject to much debate and will pass through Congress quickly.

Not all Republicans are idiots but all idiots are Republicans.

It is the budget. It is an omnibus appropriations bill and becomes the federal budget. Trump wanted $25 billion for the wall, he got $1.6 billion for the wall. This is the federal budget for the wall for FY18.

Maybe this will help. No kidding, you are one of the dumbest f’ucking people I have ever interacted with on a message board.

YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO OUT INTO THE WOODS AND FIND A GROUP OF TREE STUMPS
TO TRY TO REASON WITH, CAUSE THESE FOOLS (IF THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE WHAT
THEY SAY) ARE AS DUMB AS A STUMP.
YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME ARGUING WITH A BUNCH OF FOOLS - JUST LET A FOOL
GO ON BEING A FOOL.

Reactions: countryroads89
GO ON BEING A FOOL.

Ironic post is ironic.

GO ON BEING A FOOL.

That is just awesome. I could read that 100 times and it would never get old. "Just let a fool go on being a fool." Is that Mark Twain? Lincoln?

That is just awesome. I could read that 100 times and it would never get old. "Just let a fool go on being a fool." Is that Mark Twain? Lincoln?

I kind of feel sorry for dtard.....I mean really, the thing about being stupid is....you don't realize it when you are.

It's actually the same belief stated in biblical scripture. Of course, @19MU88 is clueless about that, so let those good Christians try to defend it after mocking it.

deficit shmeficit
Even amid persistent unpopularity and the chaotic din of his White House, Trump has used a mix of legislation and unilateral actions to successfully push ahead with key parts of his vision — tariffs that have rocked global markets; harsh crackdowns on illegal immigrants; a nationalistic foreign policy that spurns allies while embracing foes and costly policies with little concern for the growing national debt. signed a huge $1.3 trillion spending bill that will balloon the federal deficit. and most of the party followed right along.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...284fce8_story.html?nid&utm_term=.339c93cfdeef

In a normal year, Congress passes and the president signs into law 12 separate appropriations bills. These 12 bills together provide funding for the federal government. The goal is to pass all 12 bills by Oct. 1, the start of the fiscal year. However, these are not normal times; Congress has failed to pass these 12 bills in nine of the past 10 years. When Congress fails to pass these appropriations bills by October 1, funding for the federal government is usually handled by passing a continuing resolution, which provides funding at the same level as the previous fiscal year. These stopgap funding measures keep the government’s doors open while Congress works to pass a new budget.

An omnibus spending bill packages together all 12 of the appropriations bills that are supposed to be passed individually into one large spending bill, worth billions or even trillions of dollars. In addition to these 12 appropriations bills, omnibus spending bills often contain many unrelated pieces of legislation.

As a result, omnibus bills are typically hundreds or even thousands of pages long. Indeed, the version that has taken shape this week is 1,582 pages. Because of their size, omnibus bills usually only receive a cursory look by the committees charged with reviewing them. And despite a lack of understanding of what is in an omnibus, they are not usually subject to much debate and will pass through Congress quickly.

This specific omnibus bill did not include all areas of a normal budget. IT IS NOT A BUDGET.

A budget is a plan. It is a complete list of revenues and expenses only! As your definition states...other legislation can (and was) included. This is not a budget.

Where in a “spending bill” can one find revenues received?

Wtf?

Is there something in the water? Are you and Raleigh twins?

Hilarious!

Hilarious would be the one who still doesn’t understand what a budget is. You’ve been left by yourself on this one. Everyone knows a spending bill doesn’t include all same line items of a federal budget.

Hilarious would be the one who still doesn’t understand what a budget is. You’ve been left by yourself on this one. Everyone knows a spending bill doesn’t include all same line items of a federal budget.

I'll give him this...he is a confident stupid person. Too bad for him that is a bad combination.

This specific omnibus bill did not include all areas of a normal budget. IT IS NOT A BUDGET.

A budget is a plan. It is a complete list of revenues and expenses only! As your definition states...other legislation can (and was) included. This is not a budget.

Where in a “spending bill” can one find revenues received?

Spending bills never discuss revenue.

This omnibus bill did not discuss revenue.

Which part of the following is too difficult for you to understand? Tell me which words are too complicated for you to understand?

In a normal year, Congress passes and the president signs into law 12 separate appropriations bills. These 12 bills together provide funding for the federal government. The goal is to pass all 12 bills by Oct. 1, the start of the fiscal year. However, these are not normal times; Congress has failed to pass these 12 bills in nine of the past 10 years. When Congress fails to pass these appropriations bills by October 1, funding for the federal government is usually handled by passing a continuing resolution, which provides funding at the same level as the previous fiscal year. These stopgap fundingmeasures keep the government’s doors open while Congress works to pass a new budget.

We have had several continuing resolutions this fiscal year. One ended on January 19th. The government actually shut down until congress passed another continuing resolution on January 22nd late in the evening. The government restarted on January 23rd. This last continuing resolution lasted through March 23rd. The POTUS signed this omnibus bill, approved by Congress, which becomes the US budget for fiscal year 18. I can’t make it any simpler for you. I am very familiar with the entire federal appropriations process. The quote above is actually from the US Congress’ web site. If you read the appropriations bill, the omnibus bill, it specifically states amounts that can be used for specific projects and programs (a budget, moron).

Which part of the following is too difficult for you to understand? Tell me which words are too complicated for you to understand?

It’s perfectly understandable. It’s saying what I’ve said all along. It’s not a budget.

A budget covers all areas of (federal) spending (and revenue). An omnibus bill does not. Thus....an omnibus spending bill is not a budget.

It’s perfectly understandable. It’s saying what I’ve said all along. It’s not a budget.

A budget covers all areas of (federal) spending (and revenue). An omnibus bill does not. Thus....an omnibus spending bill is not a budget.

The budget for federal agencies never discusses revenue. The budget tells what each federal agency can spend. Many federal agencies DO NOT generate revenue. Various agencies are different and are funded differently. Some agencies are “overhead” funded or funded by what is called general appropriations, some are funded by specific appropriations and some are funded by a combination of the above. The omnibus bill established what each federal agency can spend for FY18 - thereby establishing their BUDGET.

Spending bills never discuss revenue.

Exactly right. Because spending bills are not the budget. This is where you are contradicting the assertion made by bucky that it’s “blowing out the budget”.

Explain how a “spending bill” by itself demonstrates “deficits”. (You can’t because it’s not a budget). It doesn’t have revenue forecasts the way a “budget” would.

Think of this way. If I were to ask you to produce your (personal/family) budget or a business budget, and all you handed me was a list of expenses, would that be a “budget”? Hell no.

Reactions: 19MU88
Exactly right. Because spending bills are not the budget. This is where you are contradicting the assertion made by bucky that it’s “blowing out the budget”.

Explain how a “spending bill” by itself demonstrates “deficits”. (You can’t because it’s not a budget). It doesn’t have revenue forecasts the way a “budget” would.

Think of this way. If I were to ask you to produce your (personal/family) budget or a business budget, and all you handed me was a list of expenses, would that be a “budget”? Hell no.

Let me explain it to you this way: I am the head of the "household" (US Congress) which has many members (many federal agencies), some are responsible for revenue and some are not. I tell some of the members of the household, who are not responsible for revenue, how much they can spend in a given year. That is their budget. It is the exact same way with the federal government. Yes, the Omnibus Bill established the budget for all federal agencies.

I am amazed you still can't grasp this.

Let's summarize the times you were wrong in this thread:

First, you called it a Continuing Resolution.

This was a continuing resolution. You are very uninformed.

It isn't a continuing resolution, it is an Omnibus Bill.

Then you didn't even realize when the end of the federal fiscal year was.

It only funds the govt until September. That’s not a budget.

Then you didn't realize the "spending bill" becomes the budget for every federal agency.

it is a spending bill. NOT A BUDGET
Yes...you are a moron

Then you doubled down, LMAO!

No one is calling this a “budget” because it isn’t. It’s a spending bill that funds the govt to September.

Then you claimed an Omnibus Bill doesn't cover all areas of spending, LOL!

An Omnibus spending bill does not cover all areas of spending a complete budget covers.

Then you repeated your ignorance of not knowing when the federal fiscal year ends and claimed the Omnibus Bill was a "stopgap" measure. That would be what Continuing Resolutions are, dumbass!

This is simply a stop gap to get us into the new fiscal year.

This is quoted directly from the U.S Congress' web site (except the parenthesis, which I added to help explain your ignorance).

"These stopgap funding measures (Continuing Resolutions) keep the government’s doors open while Congress works to pass a new budget (12 Appropriations Bills or an Omnibus Bill).

It is f'ucking amazing how stupid you are.

GOOD POINT WE DONT DO ANY OF THOSE THINGS NOW.
I WOULD REMIND YOU 30% BUSH (YOUR GUY) "BROKE THE ARMY"
IN IRAQ (YOUR IDEA).
YOUR TRACK RECORD ON EVERY TOPIC IS TERRIBLE - SO JUST SHUT
UP - DEMS WILL BE IN POWER NEXT YEAR AND WE'LL CLEAN UP YOUR
MESS - AGAIN.

ONE OTHER POINT - YOU CAN SPEND AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU WANT
ON MILITARY SPENDING - BUT- IF YOU ARE NOT STRONG AT HOME
IT DOESNT MATTER. YOU HAVE TO BE STABLE AT HOME BEFORE YOU
CAN BE STRONG ABROAD.

30% DO NOT CARE IF AMERICA ROTS FROM THE INSIDE OUT. NOT SMART.

BESIDES, THEY HAVE SO MUCH MONEY NOW THEY CANNOT KEEP TRACK OF IT.

Elaborate and put price points on Homeland vs. abroad defense. Don't just yell, prove your argument. Explain to us what congressional spending is right or wrong within the defense budget. Do you even know what you disagree with?

You know what's ironic and laughable, dtard? Your posts are identical to Trump's nearly illiterate tweets. Look in the mirror you dumb fvck.

Last edited:
Reactions: murox
it is an Omnibus Bill.

I already said this...before you did.

According to what I (and you) linked to, the omnibus bill does not always cover fund all areas of the budget. Additionally, an omnibus bill also contains in many cases legislation that would most likely NOT be in a budget.

Continuing Resolutions and Omnibus bills wouldn’t be necessary if Govt did it’s job and produced a budget.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT