ADVERTISEMENT

Black End Zones in the Joan

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Saw an announcement from our new AD that the vote on the new turf includes “black” end zones in the Joan!

Stupid it is. Do you think Penn State and Ohio State will do this? We are kelly green and white. We might as well get it over with. All black uniforms from now on. Time for Brad to make a new decree. From this day forward Marshall shall wear only black. No more traditional colors allowed. Kelly green is banished to the Island of misfit toys. So let it be written so let it be done.

Stupid it is. Do you think Penn State and Ohio State will do this? We are kelly green and white. We might as well get it over with. All black uniforms from now on. Time for Brad to make a new decree. From this day forward Marshall shall wear only black. No more traditional colors allowed. Kelly green is banished to the Island of misfit toys. So let it be written so let it be done.
Cry me a freaking river. We aren’t Ohio state or penn state. Black and Kelly green look good together.

3ad.jpg

How about you pay for replacement kelly green endzones, you whiny little cheapskate.

Until you do, quit b*tching about it.

How about you pay for replacement kelly green endzones, you whiny little cheapskate.

Until you do, quit b*tching about it.
Stuff it . I will come on here anytime I want and voice my opinion. I think the black sucks. i'll still be at the games and root for the Herd regardless of what uniform they wear or how they paint the field.

Reactions: Elkview
Stuff it . I will come on here anytime I want and voice my opinion. I think the black sucks. i'll still be at the games and root for the Herd regardless of what uniform they wear or how they paint the field.

You compared MU to osu and PSU, you have already disqualified yourself from this discussion.

Another thing,
This was a social media project in that multiple endzones (including Kelly Green ones) were presented.
Fans were asked to vote on the one they liked the most.
The winner was presented to Spears, and he went with the clear majority.

So, while you may despise it and cry in the corner, your stupid opinions are clearly the minority...and MU actually listened to the fans for once.

For the last time BLACK is one of the school colors and has been featured on every Herd uniform for at least 20 years.

To be honest black endzones are far better than Kelly Green because as @19MU88 eluded to they fade and over time that Kelly Green starts to just look like the rest of the field. There are pictures of the field when it was new back in 2016 and the endzone were a different shade green and current pics look like the field is all the same color.

Black endzone will make the field pop on TV.

Also the black pellets show far too easily in that kelly green and make it look blotchy.

The end zones look great... As for uniforms, we should have an all-black look with Kelly green trim, outlined in white that we wear ONCE a year for whatever our "biggest" conference game is.

Kindof like what Snyder tried to do with the pea pod uniforms and green helmet. Only problem with that idea was the uniforms/helmet were three different shades of Kelly green, lol.

I think it will look good when it's new.

I just hope it isn't a faded gray in a few years.
If you want to see what gray turf looks like, check out the Marietta College field. It's all gray. Pretty blah looking

Does anyone have some pictures of what was finally decided the football field colors would look like?? If so, please post.

I love the black end zones, however, I think a Kelly Green "MARSHALL" with white outlines would have looked better on the black backdrop. But hey, I'm just ecstatic that the admin are FINALLY listening to the fans.
I'm assuming the letters will resemeble how they look on the black jerseys we have worn.

Spears also said during the interview that instead of black and white, the SBC logos will be black and green. He was also asked about alternating shades of green for the field and he basically said we’ll have to wait to see if that’s the case when it’s installed.

Spears also said during the interview that instead of black and white, the SBC logos will be black and green. He was also asked about alternating shades of green for the field and he basically said we’ll have to wait to see if that’s the case when it’s installed.
Would love to see the alternating green.

Reactions: Mike Gwinn
Morons. The link provided is a set of directions for printing logos and such. You will notice it references FIVE "primary" colors: green, black, sky blue, brown, and sand; and seven "secondary" colors: two more non Kelly different shades of green, gray, a darker shade of brown, tan, purple, Carolina blue, and orange.

But not white.

It directions for printing things like the logo that includes a shot of Old Main, the University seal, and other such things.

It is not the school colors.

To find those, rather than trying, yet again, and failing, yet again, to make me look wrong, you simply use google and go to the VERY SAME WEBSITE.

Where it is correctly stated:

Marshall’s official colors are kelly green and white.

Morons. The link provided is a set of directions for printing logos and such. You will notice it references FIVE "primary" colors: green, black, sky blue, brown, and sand; and seven "secondary" colors: two more non Kelly different shades of green, gray, a darker shade of brown, tan, purple, Carolina blue, and orange.

But not white.

It directions for printing things like the logo that includes a shot of Old Main, the University seal, and other such things.

It is not the school colors.

To find those, rather than trying, yet again, and failing, yet again, to make me look wrong, you simply use google and go to the VERY SAME WEBSITE.

Where it is correctly stated:

Black is an official color. You’re one of those people that clicks the first link on google and think it’s gospel.

Black is an official color. You’re one of those people that clicks the first link on google and think it’s gospel.
Did you read the domain name of the website provided?

It is www.marshall.edu.

The university's OFFICAL WEBSITE.

Where it is stated:

Google? No.

The university's official website?

Yep.

You don't know what you are talking about, and have been made to look foolish.

BTW, I explained why you were wrong. Care to give YOUR explanation of the presence of orange, sky blue, and such in the link you provided.

Or better yet, just STFU.

Reactions: Elkview

It is www.marshall.edu.

Where it is stated:

Google? No.

Yep.

BTW, I explained why you were wrong. Care to give YOUR explanation of the presence of orange, sky blue, and such in the link you provided.

Sam,

I agree that I would have preferred not having the black end zones.

But black is an absolutely approved university color. It does, however, explicitly state that black is to be used as an accent color to the primary green. We can agree on disliking the choice of a black endzone, but it is university approved and at the end of the day, that’s all there is to it.

Reactions: mlblack16.

It is www.marshall.edu.

Where it is stated:

Google? No.

Yep.

Your continued willful ignorance is mind boggling, while at the same time clearly being disagreeable just to be disagreeable.

It is www.marshall.edu.

Where it is stated:

Google? No.

Yep.

Did you read the branding where it says Kelly green (PMS 354) should always stand front and center in our branding of visual communications. We use black, gray, and white to accent it and support it. These colors are to be used for all marketing materials of the university. Consistent use of our official colors helps us continue to build recognition with our audiences.

Football is a branding arm of the school therefore black is an official color.
I thought your were changing allegiances to New Mexico state. Please leave

Reactions: raleighherdfan
The only way people will be happy is if our field is 100% green. Let’s just make it all green. Lines. Letters. Logos. Turf. Same shade. Lessgoooo.

who really cares if the end zones are black.

Last edited:
The only way people will be happy is if our field is 100% green. Let’s just make it all green. Lines. Letters. Logos. Turf. Same shade. Lessgoooo.

who really cares if the end zones are black.
Well Freddy I guess the majority of the fans who voted for black end zones cared as they cast more votes so that’s who cared.

Well Freddy I guess the majority of the fans who voted for black end zones cared as they cast more votes so that’s who cared.
I’m all for black end zones. I didn’t vote, but it also doesn’t really matter to me what the turf looks like. It’s about the product on the field, not the field itself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT