ADVERTISEMENT

Bleacher Report Predictions

possibly ODB!

41660D81-2493-448B-B482-87849DB8E9BA_zpsilbsse2t.jpg

No surprise here. Herd going have to show all they can get back on track. Obvious no respect being given for the past.

This isn't surprising after the season we had. However, you can't put much stock in these "expert" predictions. Show me the expert who predicted Marshall would only win three games coming off back-to-back-to-back 10+ wins with three bowl victories, as well. No one saw last season happening. Predictions are based on what you did last year and how many key players are returning. I'd like to think last year was a fluke and not a trajectory.

point is didn't take but a blink to lose all credibility... It's a what have you done for me lately, win now atmosphere... I'm sure the hill choppers will be seeing the same thing shortly...

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Respect is earned. We lost it last year. If our own fanbase isn't sure or pretty optimistic about this coming season, why would we expect any sports reporters to think we would be more than last year? Got prove it was not the norm....

Hope I'm wrong but with the same vanilla predictable scheme that Legg runs and Holliday supports we have no chance to win or even be fun to watch. 6 wins at most. Holliday gone after season

Reactions: Fishn8ntEz
I feel bad for Marshall fans who think that last year happened because of the scheme we've been running for the last seven seasons. Its a comfortable thought, because it implies that a simple change would fix everything, but its an obscene over-simplification. Marshall's problems are much deeper, and much more difficult to fix.

Schemes don't suddenly stop working....we have/had? serious issues with the Oline and lacked a defensive secondary last year, linebackers never shot the right gaps on run d, on top of behavioral issues with a kid that is supposed to be a leader....Those are complex issues that can be fixed, how long, who knows, we will see. The bigger question is why was it allowed to get to that point.....

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
With all the issues we seem to have, Doc and staff will be miracle workers if they can completely turn it around in one season. I don't think all the bugs will be worked out. Hell, if we can manage to go 7-5 I would consider that a huge success. Sad, I know.

Reactions: beefcake0520
With all the issues we seem to have, Doc and staff will be miracle workers if they can completely turn it around in one season. I don't think all the bugs will be worked out. Hell, if we can manage to go 7-5 I would consider that a huge success. Sad, I know.
That's about how I see things. I will admit that vingle dingle has a point though, the schedule sets up this year to give the appearance of success. If we somehow manage to pull out cincy and Miami, things become more clear. If we split those, its fuzzy. If we lose both, gonna be a long season. I predict we will split and not know a thing by the time conference games start. We wont even talk about NCSU, a win there would require a 2013, 2014, 2015 type team, I could be wrong but I just don't think that is realistic.

I like to save up these expert predictions websites and these pre-season guides. Half of the writers probably could not tell you what state half of the schools they write about are even in. They pretty much just toss in a few buzz words, look up the names of a few players off the internet and predict the conference will be about what it was last year (when most of the guides had us 2nd in the division).

Which is not to say that I think we are going to have a great year, we have QB cancer and the only way to cure cancer is to remove it. Unfortunatly, we have no replacement that is any good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT