ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Addison

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Former Marshall defensive end Bobby Addison was shot and murdered recently in DC, which is where he grew up.

Bobby is probably best remembered by Marshall fans for breaking the jaw of the Liberty QB on a sack when he was a freshman and his off-the-field issues. He came into Marshall as a chiseled 6’4, 240 lbs. freak with extremely high potential, but he didn’t stay on the team for very long.

He was an elite high school swimmer, a great singing vocalist, and very religious. While I lived in DC, I spent some time with him, and he was still battling demons. He was as loyal as they get. It didn’t matter if during our time at Marshall or up until just a few years ago, if he ever thought I was done wrong by somebody or needed his help, he was willing to risk his well-being to right-the-wrong by his means.

The shooter has not been identified.

Former Marshall defensive end Bobby Addison was shot and murdered recently in DC, which is where he grew up.

Bobby is probably best remembered by Marshall fans for breaking the jaw of the Liberty QB on a sack when he was a freshman and his off-the-field issues. He came into Marshall as a chiseled 6’4, 240 lbs. freak with extremely high potential, but he didn’t stay on the team for very long.

He was an elite high school swimmer, a great singing vocalist, and very religious. While I lived in DC, I spent some time with him, and he was still battling demons. He was as loyal as they get. It didn’t matter if during our time at Marshall or up until just a few years ago, if he ever thought I was done wrong by somebody or needed his help, he was willing to risk his well-being to right-the-wrong by his means.

Sorry to hear this

Wow. This hits hard. Bobby was always really good to me.

I really liked him and he always wanted to protect me for some reason. I always knew I would read something like this someday.

Awlful

I remember that hit on the Liberty QB. Sonny was on the TV broadcast and a few minutes afterwards he said something like "He looks like he's alright!" as the camera focused on the face of the clearly NOT alright QB. Sad to hear Mr. Addison was killed.

To the younger Herdfans. This was our version during that era of JaQuan Yulee…in a way! Bobby and I did not always get along. Condolences to his family. I’m truly sorry to hear Bobby passed like this!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT