ADVERTISEMENT

Boise State

Not a huge school but they do have over 22,000 students in a city of nearly 230,000 with some very lucrative businesses

Interestingly, even in the MWC, they are ranked 6th out of 11 members in enrollment. I have heard that Boise is surprisingly nice, although I have never been there in person.

Interestingly, even in the MWC, they are ranked 6th out of 11 members in enrollment. I have heard that Boise is surprisingly nice, although I have never been there in person.
you wouldn't like it there. I would tell you why you wouldn't like it, but I would have to violate the sticky thread in doing so, and I'm not one to break the rules.

Reactions: mlblack16.
By 2027 Boise will be in P5 and will never come here

BWAHAHAHA!!! How?
Boise wasn't picked for the Big 12 when they made a ton more sense than the community service stunt the conference did for wvu.
The Pac-12 gains nothing from them...they have no TV markets, no academics, and really no economy (by comparison to their member schools).
Boise, with all they had accomplished in football, proved how meaningless it is when money drives the ship.

I agree. I would see no reason for the Big XII to expand. They may join if their is a shuffle in membership when/if Texas or OU leave

Then the Big 12 becomes a better version of the AAC.

I have said this a million times but it is so strange that Texas hasn't become independent by this point.
Sure, they get a ton of money from the Big 12 conference and lets face it, probably should get 35% of it all along with equal share with OU and the remaining 30% goes elsewhere, but they could make as much on their own, their network gices them a good chunk of change, and they aren't afraid to play big name schools and big name schools would love to play them.
I guess if all this continues they may very well break off.

Sure but Boise's financial situation is much, much different than Pitt's. I could see us allowing them to move the game to another season. 2027 would fit for both schools without either having to move other games around.
The South Carolina so called hurricane cancellation was supposedly covered by insurance. Seems all these schools would have insurance to cover cancellations.

The South Carolina so called hurricane cancellation was supposedly covered by insurance. Seems all these schools would have insurance to cover cancellations.

That game was definitely cancelled by a hurricane and it was definitely covered by insurance, so those are curious choices for descriptions.

That game was definitely cancelled by a hurricane and it was definitely covered by insurance, so those are curious choices for descriptions.
It isn't curious that I wasn't sure of what I was saying. The point is, Isn't it plausible schools have insurance to cover the covid cancellations?

Read in USA Today that Ohio State and Michigan both have medical issue or cause in their contracts. I’m sure some try to cover all the bases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT