ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm

Interesting write up from a Purdue site

"On the other hand, Brohm’s making $800K with up to $400K in bonuses (although $100K is for making a “BCS” bowl). Yeah, his current deal has a $900K buyout clause in it, but Bobinski could build that into a deal and still easily pass Brohm’s WKU earnings without putting a giant anchor on Purdue’s financial ship. Uh, I think. (One thing in favor of such a move is that Purdue fans would have to be excited about having a real passing attack once again: more attendance means more money to spend on buyout clauses.) On a third hand, Brohm’s contract would require Purdue to set up a home-and-home with WKU to begin within 8 years, or else Brohm owes another $350K to Western Kentucky. (So make it a $1.25M buyout.)"

http://www.boiledsports.com/posts/2016-purdue-football-coaching-search-jeff-brohm

I would expect them to promote their OC to HC
Nope they want a big name GOOD COACH. WKU has a plan on being a far better team than what we have seen. We were right even with them 2 years ago and now they could have scored 100 on us. if they have a qb coach the herd should hire him,lol, i say brohmn was the qb coach.

Why is that an issue? Same is done in boxing, MMA, Wrestling (not WWE) attacking the weakness of your opponent is not being a scumbag IMHO

Why is it an issue? Because it's not very nice. I doubt that WKU even called Johnson after the game a couple years ago to apologize for hitting his shoulder and see if he was ok.

that's a pretty damn cool buyout clause... Thinking outside the box and look where WKU athletics are thanks in part to that thinking...

Chalk it up to a proactive, forward looking AD at WKU, rather than a laid back, take the easy way, rely on your good ole boy network AD that we are all familiar with here at MU.
On the other hand, WKU has continued to find success on the field while they keep losing coaches, albeit those who move up to bigger, more prestigious jobs. Meanwhile, here in Herd land, we have a 3 season, 10 wins in a row, head coach that draws nary a sniff from ANY major program!!! What does that tell you, Herd fans? Oh, it tells our numbnuts AD to hurry up and signed this "highly pursued" head coach to a lucrative long term extension that condemns the school to continued subpar to mediocre football for seasons to come and further stresses an already highly cash strapped athletic department!! PERFECT!!!

Chalk it up to a proactive, forward looking AD at WKU, rather than a laid back, take the easy way, rely on your good ole boy network AD that we are all familiar with here at MU.
On the other hand, WKU has continued to find success on the field while they keep losing coaches, albeit those who move up to bigger, more prestigious jobs. Meanwhile, here in Herd land, we have a 3 season, 10 wins in a row, head coach that draws nary a sniff from ANY major program!!! What does that tell you, Herd fans? Oh, it tells our numbnuts AD to hurry up and signed this "highly pursued" head coach to a lucrative long term extension that condemns the school to continued subpar to mediocre football for seasons to come and further stresses an already highly cash strapped athletic department!! PERFECT!!!
The only real buyout in Doc's contract is if he decided to come back to Morgantown and force WVU to pay another half million extra. That was never going to happen.

I think Cousin is trolling you guys with the notion that WKU players target guys who are injured.

Nope, I agree with pdbailey. I believe the ball carrier, particularly ones from Marshall, should be asked for permission before being tackled and what their opinions are on the most suitable way to get tackled, for them, would be.

Gotta think of the kids, man.

Reactions: sistersville
I herd Doc and his entire staff were offered the Purdue job and Marshall said they would negate all of Docs buyout clause if he would just leave today

Doc interviewed for the Pitt job.

Nope, I agree with pdbailey. I believe the ball carrier, particularly ones from Marshall, should be asked for permission before being tackled and what their opinions are on the most suitable way to get tackled, for them, would be.

Gotta think of the kids, man.

What is with the personal attack dickhead? You don't see me talking about you in other threads. You can believe what you want, but the fact is that the WKU teams we have played the last three years are full of a bunch of dirty trash talking assholes. Its fine to hit someone hard, but it isn't fine to intentionally punch guys in the nuts or grab their sacks under the pile or try to take a players knee out. Some of our own players have said that WKU and Louisville were the dirtiest teams they have ever played against, and the common denominators are Brohm and Petrino who have those types of reputations despite being good coaches. You didn't see us trying to injure Doughty in 2014 or 2015 by targeting his knees, and many on here would have said it was unacceptable if a MU player did that so I'm not sure why it is okay for them to do that to our players.

Reactions: ohio herd
Some of our own players have said that WKU and Louisville were the dirtiest teams they have ever played against, and the common denominators are Brohmand Petrino who have those types ofreputations despite being good coaches.

May be the reason both schools dropped over 120 points on us combined as well. This is football not golf.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT