ADVERTISEMENT

Bush's Tied Into Chinese Collusion in 2016 Elections

As much as I enjoy seeing people bust Cuntry's balls, "Bushes" is correct. To the contrary, however, there is nothing wrong with the title's use of the phrase "tied into."

As much as I enjoy seeing people bust Cuntry's balls, "Bushes" is correct. To the contrary, however, there is nothing wrong with the title's use of the phrase "tied into."

Rule 3.

Use the apostrophe to show possession. Place the apostrophe before the s to show singular possession.

Examples:

one boy's hat

one woman's hat

one actress's hat

one child's hat

Ms. Chang's house

NOTE: Although names ending in s or an s sound are not required to have the second s added in possessive form, it is preferred.

Mr. Jones's golf clubs

Texas's weather

Ms. Straus's daughter

Jose Sanchez's artwork

Dr. Hastings's appointment (name is Hastings)

Mrs. Lees's books (name is Lees)

In the tweet (not the goddamn title of the thread) a statement is made, "Jeb Bush's super PAC." This is one Bush, not plural, and is used correctly. Now then, I'm sure someone can dig up some other reference which will claim it can ALSO be "Jeb Bushes super PAC," but it wouldn't be as commonly used.

Rule 3.

Use the apostrophe to show possession. Place the apostrophe before the s to show singular possession.

Examples:

one boy's hat

one woman's hat

one actress's hat

one child's hat

Ms. Chang's house

NOTE: Although names ending in s or an s sound are not required to have the second s added in possessive form, it is preferred.

Mr. Jones's golf clubs

Texas's weather

Ms. Straus's daughter

Jose Sanchez's artwork

Dr. Hastings's appointment (name is Hastings)

Mrs. Lees's books (name is Lees)

In the tweet (not the goddamn title of the thread) a statement is made, "Jeb Bush's super PAC." This is one Bush, not plural, and is used correctly. Now then, I'm sure someone can dig up some other reference which will claim it can ALSO be "Jeb Bushes super PAC," but it wouldn't be as commonly used.

For fvck's sake. Cuntry's not talking about the first sentence of the tweet. He's talking about the thread title. The thread title clearly meant to refer to the Bushes plural, not possessive. Ask Keep, I'm sure he'll admit it. It's correctly used as an apostrophe in the tweet as it refers to Jeb's PAC, which is possessive.

For fvck's sake. Cuntry's not talking about the first sentence of the tweet. He's talking about the thread title. The thread title clearly meant to refer to the Bushes plural, not possessive. Ask Keep, I'm sure he'll admit it. It's correctly used as an apostrophe in the tweet as it refers to Jeb's PAC, which is possessive.

Look back through my argument with him. He continued to deny possession in the 1st sentence of that tweet. He never argued anything different, even though I specifically quoted at least twice, and specified the tweet is what I was referencing. All the while, he kept insisting I was wrong, because he's an idiot.

I didn't bother to address Keep's title (trying to help the man out).

Look back through my argument with him. He continued to deny possession in the 1st sentence of that tweet. He never argued anything different, even though I specifically quoted at least twice, and specified the tweet is what I was referencing. All the while, he kept insisting I was wrong, because he's an idiot.

I didn't bother to address Keep's title (trying to help the man out).

You’re an idiot.

When you "tie to" something, you are connected to it. Whereas the phrase "tie into" connotes an intermingling or intertwining of something. Either are ok, depending on their use.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT