ADVERTISEMENT

Butch Jones

Then why ask about any "Trickett love"? After Doc, I imagine most Herd fans want no more to do with the "ChickenEer" experience?

Im sorry but I don’t follow your question, or statement in general..

Are we comparing Donnan and Beamer to Doc and Trickett?

Butch may get a call from us..

Why would we even pursue him? There's a million other candidates out there. Are you basing this on the fact that he was interested at one point in time? Even so, that was so many years ago that I'd consider almost irrelevant.

Why would we even pursue him? There's a million other candidates out there. Are you basing this on the fact that he was interested at one point in time? Even so, that was so many years ago that I'd consider almost irrelevant.

All I said was he may get a call.. I truthfully don’t think he would, for obvious reasons but if we replace Doc, we’ve got to cast a wide search and can’t say no to any candidates. At least not in terms of a phone call or a legitimate interview.

Rock bottom does not have a win or lose requirement. It’s a state that is achieved when your team is simply going thru the motions because they’ve been told, most of the time they’ve been on campus, that they aren’t good enough to reach their potential. Agree with it or not, we all know it’s where this programs mind state is..

If you don’t believe it, talk to a mod about it and hear the gospel per Doc or Hammrick. Again, I don’t even blame the mods, it’s easy to see this is purely the administration feeding these lines down.

Discount the newbie if you wish but sometimes the fresh eye catches what the trained eye missed.

So Doc is sitting everyone down and saying they are never going to achieve their potential? Yeah, I doubt that completely.
Butch Jones got run out of Tennessee for a good reason. He is awful. He rode the recruiting and talent of coaches before himself, and was massively exposed for being unable to confirm he knew what he was doing.

All I said was he may get a call.. I truthfully don’t think he would, for obvious reasons but if we replace Doc, we’ve got to cast a wide search and can’t say no to any candidates. At least not in terms of a phone call or a legitimate interview.

Obvious reasons...as in...he's terrible?

Reactions: Elkview
Obvious reasons...as in...he's terrible?

I’m not driving the Butch Jones bandwagon, I think that fact has been lost from the start.. tho I’m not sure how.

I simple asked how things would be different and said I don’t think Butch is necessarily a great coach.

If people choose to formulate the opinion, from that, that I am pro Butch, I’d encourage them to reanalyze any post I’ve made involving him.

So Doc is sitting everyone down and saying they are never going to achieve their potential? Yeah, I doubt that completely.
Butch Jones got run out of Tennessee for a good reason. He is awful. He rode the recruiting and talent of coaches before himself, and was massively exposed for being unable to confirm he knew what he was doing.

I never said Doc but your fooling yourself if you don’t believe that. Josh Stowers is probably the biggest “fan” on this page and he’ll tell you there are ceilings to this program..whether you agree with them or not, whether you believe them or not it’s your call.

As far as Butch... ugh

I hope you realize six individuals have worn the Head Coach hat for UT since Fulmers 2008 exit.. it screams of instability.

And what coaches did he ride off in Knoxville?
Derek Dooley? The same Dooley who won had won totals of 6, 5 and 4 during his stay in Knoxville? The same coach who, in six years as a head coach, won 8 games only once?

Maybe Lane Kiffin? The same coach who had absolutely no college HC experience and had a 5-15 record for his HC career?

Butch Jones won 9 games in two of his three seasons, the program hadn’t win that many games since 2007...

So, again.. for the record, Jones is not my guy but give him the little credit he deserves.

Reactions: Herdmeister
I think a couple of posters on here equate Doc with Bear Bryant or Nick Saban.

I think a couple of posters on here equate Doc with Bear Bryant or Nick Saban.

First, allow me to start with a disclaimer..

Doc seems like a great human being and he has achieved a great deal of success here, a fairly impressive feat I may add.. but in full disclosure, it was a few years ago

With that said, even jokingly putting those three names into the same sentence is offensive to anyone associated with either program.

Reactions: Elkview
First, allow me to start with a disclaimer..

Doc seems like a great human being and he has achieved a great deal of success here, a fairly impressive feat I may add.. but in full disclosure, it was a few years ago

With that said, even jokingly putting those three names into the same sentence is offensive to anyone associated with either program.

Certainly it is. Doc seems like a good guy. He's loyal and consistent. I like Doc in that regard. He's far from over achieved; if he had, a few P5 schools would have been calling. The fact that HE put his name in the hat for the PItt job and came away with nothing gives us all we need to know about what other schools thought. That said, he'll be here until he wants to give it up. If the fans like 7-8 wins a year, finishing 2nd in our division and winning an FL bowl game more often than not - then they have their guy. I know, it's little ole Marshall. The poor hick school in WV. We should be thankful we even field a team.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Certainly it is. Doc seems like a good guy. He's loyal and consistent. I like Doc in that regard. He's far from over achieved; if he had, a few P5 schools would have been calling. The fact that HE put his name in the hat for the PItt job and came away with nothing gives us all we need to know about what other schools thought. That said, he'll be here until he wants to give it up. If the fans like 7-8 wins a year, finishing 2nd in our division and winning an FL bowl game more often than not - then they have their guy. I know, it's little ole Marshall. The poor hick school in WV. We should be thankful we even field a team.

Unfortunately this is the perceived opinion, by the outsiders, and we do little to correct that.

We could absolutely lure a good, young, offensive mind here and be back to winning conference titles by 2025, and have a sound foundation in place.

Unfortunately this is the perceived opinion, by the outsiders, and we do little to correct that.

We could absolutely lure a good, young, offensive mind here and be back to winning conference titles by 2025, and have a sound foundation in place.

Certainly agree with the young gun hire. I'd say Doc will be here another 2-3 years. Hammy will not retire until the baseball stadium is complete, which looks like the 2022 season based on the high bids and ground contamination issues. This is just my opinion. Hopefully sooner on both.

Certainly agree with the young gun hire. I'd say Doc will be here another 2-3 years. Hammy will not retire until the baseball stadium is complete, which looks like the 2022 season based on the high bids and ground contamination issues. This is just my opinion. Hopefully sooner on both.

It’s going to have to be an off the radar, gamble hire like Bryn Renner, but I know it can be done.

Bryn Renner
Scotty Walden

Both would be good hires

Last edited:
Sadly, I believe you are correct

It’s going to have to be an off the radar, gamble hire like Bryn Renner, but I know it can be done.

Bryn Renner
Scotty Walden

Both would be good hires

What? You’re advocating hiring a kid who has coached one year of any level of football and think it would be a good hire? Where the fvck did you come from?

What? You’re advocating hiring a kid who has coached one year of any level of football and think it would be a good hire? Where the fvck did you come from?

Correct..

I was throwing out examples, it doesn’t have to be either of the two I named.. just casting a vote in which direction we need to look.

It was a bit of an extreme exaggeration, to prove a point, but still..

We need a fresh, young mind in to follow Doc

Last edited:
I’m not driving the Butch Jones bandwagon, I think that fact has been lost from the start.. tho I’m not sure how.

I simple asked how things would be different and said I don’t think Butch is necessarily a great coach.

If people choose to formulate the opinion, from that, that I am pro Butch, I’d encourage them to reanalyze any post I’ve made involving him.

I never said Doc but your fooling yourself if you don’t believe that. Josh Stowers is probably the biggest “fan” on this page and he’ll tell you there are ceilings to this program..whether you agree with them or not, whether you believe them or not it’s your call.

As far as Butch... ugh

I hope you realize six individuals have worn the Head Coach hat for UT since Fulmers 2008 exit.. it screams of instability.

And what coaches did he ride off in Knoxville?
Derek Dooley? The same Dooley who won had won totals of 6, 5 and 4 during his stay in Knoxville? The same coach who, in six years as a head coach, won 8 games only once?

Maybe Lane Kiffin? The same coach who had absolutely no college HC experience and had a 5-15 record for his HC career?

Butch Jones won 9 games in two of his three seasons, the program hadn’t win that many games since 2007...

So, again.. for the record, Jones is not my guy but give him the little credit he deserves.

Butch was the head coach at UT.

There, he deserves the credit he was, in fact, their head coach.
That's about it.

Butch was the head coach at UT.

There, he deserves the credit he was, in fact, their head coach.
That's about it.

..and the fact we was the first coach since 2007 to win 9+ games.

Again, don’t place him in Sabans league but give him due credit.

You hookin' up with this guy or something?

So, because I provide an accurate and unbiased view of him as a coach, you feel the need for that type of remark?

I can’t count how many times someone here has falsely painted me as a Pro Butch guy, but opening your eyes can surely clear these mistakes up.

So, because I provide an accurate and unbiased view of him as a coach, you feel the need for that type of remark?

I can’t count how many times someone here has falsely painted me as a Pro Butch guy, but opening your eyes can surely clear these mistakes up.

Why do you have a picture of Joey Fatone as your avatar?

ADVERTISEMENT