ADVERTISEMENT

C-USA better than we think in basketball?

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
I was looking at Realtime RPI and Nolan RPI and both have C-USA at 12/13 in conferences. This is out of 32 conferences. What is amazing is that they(realtime) have the MAC at #9 and The Southern at #12. The American comes in at #6. Not saying the talent in this conference is all that but it must be half way decent

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html

I was looking at Realtime RPI and Nolan RPI and both have C-USA at 12/13 in conferences. This is out of 32 conferences. What is amazing is that they(realtime) have the MAC at #9 and The Southern at #12. The American comes in at #6. Not saying the talent in this conference is all that but it must be half way decent

I AGREE
...a number of CUSA teams could get HOT in Frisco and replicate what The HERD did last year from the #4 Seed....Hope it's Marshall in a repeat!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth

Warren Nolan has the B12 number one. That’s all you need to know about their methodology. And Real-time RPI, they’re no better.
But all of these numbers are fun to look at and debate.

It does NOT mean that CtheUSA will get anymore than one team in the Big Dance

Does this guy have pictures on somebody. Why does he continue to have access to this board. He is a WVU fan and he NEVER posts anything positive about Marshall. As a matter of fact the only time he ever posts is when we lose in football or basketball or he can give an opinion on how much Doc or Dan sucks, I don’t get it he has had free reign on here for years.

This post which I thought as a Marshall fan was interesting. It talked about the conference that Marshall, the school that this board is about, is in is actually ranked pretty decent in Realtime and Nolan RPI. I think it was surprising to people who may think that CUSA is just a garbage conference. Then here comes Dan after exactly ZERO of the previous posts said anything about CUSA getting 2 bids and makes the quoted post.

Why do you care Dan you aren’t a fan of Marshall at all, so why do you care if Marshall fans discuss maybe our conf maybe being better than we thought. Also why would you care if a Marshall fan thought (which they didn’t and nobody does) hey maybe that means our conference will get 2 bids this year? Why do you care at all if the topic on this board isn’t about WVU that you participate at all and why to the mods on this board do you let this guy post his crap on here without any repercussions? I don’t get it.

Not an EER fan, but would be a total shock if CUSA got 2 bids this year, especially after last year when a very strong MTSU and a WKU team who had an impressive run in the NIT did NOT get bids following the Herd's win in the CUSA tourney. Why would any reasonable person expect any difference this season, after 2 of the league's top teams coming into the season, MU and WKU, have had down and disappointing seasons thus far??

As for CUSA being behind both the Southern Con. and the MAC in the polls, why not? Both Buffalo and Furman have been ranked in the Top 25 this season; CUSA teams have barely garnered a vote or two. The SO CON has at least 4 very good, solid teams this season: Furman, Wofford, UNC-Greensboro and ETSU. The MAC: Toledo, Kent, Buffalo, Bowling Green at a minimum. As for CUSA, maybe 2: UNT and ODU, before a drop off, IMO.

As Jack Webb's old character, Joe Friday, use to say: "Just the facts, Mam".

Does this guy have pictures on somebody. Why does he continue to have access to this board. He is a WVU fan and he NEVER posts anything positive about Marshall. As a matter of fact the only time he ever posts is when we lose in football or basketball or he can give an opinion on how much Doc or Dan sucks, I don’t get it he has had free reign on here for years.

This post which I thought as a Marshall fan was interesting. It talked about the conference that Marshall, the school that this board is about, is in is actually ranked pretty decent in Realtime and Nolan RPI. I think it was surprising to people who may think that CUSA is just a garbage conference. Then here comes Dan after exactly ZERO of the previous posts said anything about CUSA getting 2 bids and makes the quoted post.

Why do you care Dan you aren’t a fan of Marshall at all, so why do you care if Marshall fans discuss maybe our conf maybe being better than we thought. Also why would you care if a Marshall fan thought (which they didn’t and nobody does) hey maybe that means our conference will get 2 bids this year? Why do you care at all if the topic on this board isn’t about WVU that you participate at all and why to the mods on this board do you let this guy post his crap on here without any repercussions? I don’t get it.

Cali - the Mods have become ensnared in controversy - a photo of MARCO in blackface has been linked back to HN. They are saying the pic has been doctored - but I would recognize those horns anywhere!!

Reactions: caliherd
Cali - the Mods have become ensnared in controversy - a photo of MARCO in blackface has been linked back to HN. They are saying the pic has been doctored - but I would recognize those horns anywhere!!

Ummmm, wonder if the person in the Marco costume is currently a Democratic state officer holder in Virginia??

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

You can put all the lipstick you want on the CUSA pig, but it does not change the fact that it is a one bid league. Not trying to be negative, but just posting a fact. Win the tourney and go to the Dance. "Nothing else matters."

Yeah that’s it. The conf is just really good. It has nothing to do with our lack of defense poor shooting terrible leadership lack of coaching inability to intimidate with our powerhouse dunks in warm ups etc. maybe herdmeister is right we should play on the girls side we might have a better shot at winning

AGREE 100 %....I got banned for 3-months (which was a good thing for me to work more & read HN less)....I'm still in the dark what caused my BAN...but it saved me some Rival $$$$ for 90-days.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Just another one-bid year coming. This conference doesn't generate much enthusiasm. Until the basketball tournament is moved to a central location where all fans can attend, it never will.

Just another one-bid year coming. This conference doesn't generate much enthusiasm. Until the basketball tournament is moved to a central location where all fans can attend, it never will.
Even when the tournament was in Birmingham and Memphis, not many attended other than host city fans. Those sites were rather centrally located. When you consider the league runs from the TX/NM border to the Atlantic Ocean from VA to south Florida.

Even when the tournament was in Birmingham and Memphis, not many attended other than host city fans. Those sites were rather centrally located. When you consider the league runs from the TX/NM border to the Atlantic Ocean from VA to south Florida.

Let's face it.
..CUSA Basketball & Football are not too important to 95% of America.....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: Herdmeister
Certainly factually correct, but it was always, and still is, my opinion that was because there wasn't any competition or reason to go to those tournaments. We knew who was going to win before they started. Today is different. For us, more like the old SoCon days when there were good pairings of many likely winners. That is what brings fans.

Horizon has moved all but semi and final game back to member sites; simple reason = no one cares about the good guys beating the really bad guys and the bad guy fans aren't going to come to Detroit to see them lose again. This is the old scenario for C-USA as well, IMHO.

I think any of the top 4 teams in the Southern Conference would win C-USA this season...they are pretty stacked at the top for a mid major.

Reactions: ohio herd
Certainly factually correct, but it was always, and still is, my opinion that was because there wasn't any competition or reason to go to those tournaments. We knew who was going to win before they started. Today is different. For us, more like the old SoCon days when there were good pairings of many likely winners. That is what brings fans.

Horizon has moved all but semi and final game back to member sites; simple reason = no one cares about the good guys beating the really bad guys and the bad guy fans aren't going to come to Detroit to see them lose again. This is the old scenario for C-USA as well, IMHO.
I know my reason for going was 11 games of basketball in 4 days and Marshall being on the floor.

The tournament this year is more wide open than any year we have been in the league. I am really excited about seeing some great games in my 4 day stay.

I know my reason for going was 11 games of basketball in 4 days and Marshall being on the floor.

The tournament this year is more wide open than any year we have been in the league. I am really excited about seeing some great games in my 4 day stay.

Our daughter resides less than 45 minutes from Frisco & Jerry's Place.....I had planned on going to the tourney and taking in 4 days of Hoops. Bummer...they will be on a snow skiing Vacation!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Our daughter resides less than 45 minutes from Frisco & Jerry's Place.....I had planned on going to the tourney and taking in 4 days of Hoops. Bummer...they will be on a snow skiing Vacation!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte
tell them to hide the key for you

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT