ADVERTISEMENT

Cabela's fish cruelty

Kate Branson

Silver Buffalo
Dec 16, 2020
Went to Cabela's last night to see the fish. They have a tank there was bass, stripers, crappie, walleye and even a gar.

The fish swam around looking dead and awful. Most of them had scrapes and marks on them. Tortured. Stuck in a damn tank for people to stare at all day. Stuck in that tank with all those other fish crowded in.

Reminded me of French Creek where the birds had bent beaks and distressed looks on their faces as they continually flew up into the netting to try to get out.

I would join PETA with this, but it would cost money. I think this is another sign of how I lost my manhood though. Used to I'd go in there and say damn, that's a big ass bass and look at the big stripers. They were big. But all I can think about now is how tortured the damn things are.

Fingers crossed on this one. Do I have a chance?

Went to Cabela's last night to see the fish. They have a tank there was bass, stripers, crappie, walleye and even a gar.

The fish swam around looking dead and awful. Most of them had scrapes and marks on them. Tortured. Stuck in a damn tank for people to stare at all day. Stuck in that tank with all those other fish crowded in.

Reminded me of French Creek where the birds had bent beaks and distressed looks on their faces as they continually flew up into the netting to try to get out.

I would join PETA with this, but it would cost money. I think this is another sign of how I lost my manhood though. Used to I'd go in there and say damn, that's a big ass bass and look at the big stripers. They were big. But all I can think about now is how tortured the damn things are.

Fingers crossed on this one. Do I have a chance?
LOL....there was a time when my employment took me to some BASS events (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society). I saw a couple of PETA morons protesting these mean fisherman hurting the fish. One clown dressed up as a fish and the other holding a pathetic sign. It was worthy of a chuckle.

Yeah, this Cabela's thing is way worse than that. At least the bass either die or get thrown back in the tournaments. These poor bastards in this tank are just left there to rot in a confined cesspool for years. I guess they could jump out. Some of them might.

Maybe the whole thing was just such an eerie reminder of how things actually are now. Hell, just think about when we had to wear masks the fish looked at us and laughed probably.

I felt the same way last year, after my wife made me put in the small pond out back.

Had to drive over to Meijer to buy a couple gold fish to toss into our new pond. Have you seen the gold fish in those Meijer tanks? Has to be a couple hundred of them in that small tank over at the Meijer. Bunch of floaters too that the other fish nibble on.

I don't remember what those pretty fish are called, but they always have them in a cup by themselves. A see through cup. They're pretty, but I'm guessing they segregate them because they'll eat the other fish. That's what I wanted to put in the pond, but we went with a pair of gold fish. Pond froze up in late November, and just recently thawed out the other day. Both of those gold fish were floating. Birds will eventually eat them though, or maybe the frogs will when they come out of the ground in another month or so.

I don't remember what those pretty fish are called, but they always have them in a cup by themselves. A see through cup. They're pretty, but I'm guessing they segregate them because they'll eat the other fish.

Bettas. Fighting fish, they called them.

We had a blue one in our 10 gallon tank when I was a kid. We went and bought a red one to put in there with it, clueless about what they were. We didn't see them fight, but the red one died real fast.

Then the hell of it is, my autistic sister fished the blue one out and ate it when we weren't looking. She was always sticking her hand in there and we had to tell her to quit. Well, we couldn't be in there all the time.

Then the hell of it is, my autistic sister fished the blue one out and ate it when we weren't looking. She was always sticking her hand in there and we had to tell her to quit. Well, we couldn't be in there all the time.
antonio-banderas.gif

Starting to think she was the lucky one. She got put in a home and snowed under with tranquilizers to keep her from beating the hell out of the wardens.

They'll have to do that to me at work tomorrow probably. You get old doing this shit and they parade in newbie after newbie, perch them over me and instruct them to stomp me in the face.

Nerves have about had it. I was in Lowe's fantasizing about cutting my jugular with a $26 lawn mower blade.

Starting to think she was the lucky one. She got put in a home and snowed under with tranquilizers to keep her from beating the hell out of the wardens.

They'll have to do that to me at work tomorrow probably. You get old doing this shit and they parade in newbie after newbie, perch them over me and instruct them to stomp me in the face.

Nerves have about had it. I was in Lowe's fantasizing about cutting my jugular with a $26 lawn mower blade.
If you get the Lowe's card, you can save 5% on every purchase.

That could be a $24.70 death instead of $26.00 if you wanna save some money on your way out.

Better hope you can find them yourself because their customer service sucks and you can never find an associate when you need help with something.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT